Why are handbooks always listed for $ $ $?? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Why are handbooks always listed for $ $ $??

Discussion in '308/328' started by steven_ew, Mar 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    i have the warranty booklets for a couple daytona spiders. tough to find current owners though.

bertrand328 likes this.
  2. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    A couple ! S/N ?

3. 4zaJim

4zaJim Formula Junior

May 15, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I did not suggest it had, however I have the documentation that accompanied the window sticker showing that it was a Pre-delivery, dealer installed accessory.

4. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Ok. That is nice to have and likely quite rare.

5. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

#30 dwhite, Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    Ooooooh ahhhhh one-of-one. If I were buying a 308 to enjoy and all things were equal, I would get the car with all the "stuff". Otherwise I would just look for a great car to drive.

All you guys do is worry if it will be worth what you paid for it and quite frankly, noone knows where the market will be in 10 years. I have my "stuff", but I lean more and more to the who gives a sh"5 about anything other than how the car drives.

Believe me for what some suckers pay here for a full service you could get the best tools, books and every "stuff" that ever came or was an option. Worry about the way the car drives more than what it will or will not be worth. Almost all 308s are not concour so finding one that is will cost dearly and it will have all the "stuff", but I am willing to bet most guys don't want that car anyway as it's a lawn ornament.

6. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Mine didn't have anything by the time I bought it. No books, no tools, no jack, nothing. In my years of ownership I found and bought most of the items although never did find the correct books. I did find a set for a slightly newer car on CL once. I went and bought it for a really cheap price, something like $150 I think. It was at a dealer who said it had been sitting in a box in the corner for years and they found it while cleaning things up to move.

I tried finding the owner of that number car but never did. When I sold my car I would have given a private seller who paid full asking price all the extra stuff I had if they had wanted it. But it sold to a dealer who didn't even care about the records I had, and I did try to tell them I'd send them with it.

So I later sold all the extra stuff including parts, tool kits and parts, the set of books etc. All sold for pretty good money and took some of the sting out of selling the car.

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Mine fell off and truly I don't miss it at all, at 6' 3" the view out is much better..

For Sale: Les than $2K....lol

48969 and Imatk like this.
  8. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    when I bought my car, it came with most of the documentation. I found an extra owners manual for my same year on ebay for like $30 if memory serves.
    What was was silly expensive were the parts manuals. I did buy reprints of several of the manuals. I did end up with an original parts manual in Italian.
    maybe 5 years later, you could download the manuals off the net.
    I still have the print manuals, but I tend to use PDFs.

9. 48969

48969 Karting

Jun 27, 2020
    Chicago, Illinois
    Full Name:
    J. Michael Collins
    At 6’2 I left mine off for the same reason.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app