Eagerly awaiting 812 purchase | FerrariChat

Eagerly awaiting 812 purchase

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by turbolou, Feb 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbolou

turbolou Rookie

Jan 24, 2012
    Lake Forest California
    Full Name:
    Lou Czarnota
    Traded in my Turbo S Porsche for an 812 it was my fifth Porsche & got tired of owning a car that had no issues & done everything rather well but as common as corvettes in my area . So I will blame Covid boredom for draining my bank account.The other motivation in my golden years I have yet to see a hearse with a luggage rack & wish to deny my heirs as much oh my estate as possible. Perhaps now I will not have any excuses for being late to any of my doctors appointments. Regards Lou

dhlnb, Caeruleus11, xBox and 16 others like this.
  2. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Congrats! You will enjoy the 812 tremendously

3. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    How about some description and pictures? Thanks

italiafan likes this.
  4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    The 812SF is an epic beast...a car for the ages. You will not regret your decision IMO!
    Post up some more info/pix please.

xBox likes this.
  5. ilCapo

ilCapo Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2020
    Italy, Canada, the Cayman Islands
    Full Name:
    Frank Schilling
    "Show me a Supermodel, and I'll show you a guy tired of F*&!ng her." :)) All kidding aside, the trade was a good move IMO.. That 812 is a car for the ages. Nobody appreciates how hard it was to do when you get it so right the first time.

ScottS and xBox like this.
  6. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Congratulations

7. turbolou

turbolou Rookie

Jan 24, 2012
    Lake Forest California
    Full Name:
    Lou Czarnota
    wrs and ACW44 like this.
  8. turbolou

turbolou Rookie

Jan 24, 2012
    Lake Forest California
    Full Name:
    Lou Czarnota
    I have been told the P Zeros that come on the car have lousy traction issues. Already thinking of replacing them with Michelins ..

9. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    You would be wasting your money. The P Zeros are fine and grip well if they are warm. They ride fine and it will be a waste of money to change them out. Once they wear out then change them but I have no problem with them and like them better than Michelin.

Gianfranco341 likes this.
  10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The PZ4 are not nearly as bad as the previous PZero. If you live in an area with bad roads, you will probably get pretty fed up with the tramlining, as that will be amplified on the bad roads. A good tyre, but not a great tyre. If you don't have tramlining issues, wear them down and switch to he Michelins after. It does not take much time to wear them down anyway. You can do that over a season easily.

Caeruleus11 and italiafan like this.
  11. turbolou

turbolou Rookie

Jan 24, 2012
    Lake Forest California
    Full Name:
    Lou Czarnota
    Thanks value the input on the tires. I have this Porsche race shop next to mine & all hear from them is how bad the p zeros are. I really don't intend to track the car anyways.

12. turbolou

turbolou Rookie

Jan 24, 2012
    Lake Forest California
    Full Name:
    Lou Czarnota
    While I eagerly await the delivery of my car any day now. Would I be out of line asking what 812 gets for fuel mileage under real conditions. How well is the quality is the radio sound system & navigation. Hopefully better than what was in my 599 that I sold a year ago.Please don't tell me I should of bought a Lexus ha ha.

13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    4-6 km per litre is my experience. About the same as my Lusso

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. Bee Cave

Bee Cave Rookie

Mar 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dan Cornish
    Amazing Car. If you can try to get it on track!! Amazing when you actually see what the car is capable of. You get about 20% of the experience on a public road. The steering is amazing and the raw power when you really get on it is just stunning.

15. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Gas mileage depends on manettino setting. I use RACE and manual shifting and I think I get 8-10 mpg, not very good, 20 gallon tank maybe get 200 miles around town. It's better on the highway but maybe 14mpg there.

If you got the hifi sound system and you plug your phone in, it sounds really good, same with loading the music on the hard drive but using bluetooth isn't so good.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I have Pirelli’s on my 812SF and hate them. Tramline like crazy to the point I am embarrassed because to a “normal” car behind me I must look like a distracted fidgety driver. I can’t wait for them to wear out so I can get the FAR superior Michelin’s.

Caeruleus11 and SeattleStew like this.
  17. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Don't wait, just get the better tires. I swapped off the PZ4s in the first 1000 miles. Have a set of wheels with conti's for winter and a set of wheels with MIchelins for summer. I was able to sell my PZ4s for about 50% of the cost for new tires since mine were still at new levels of tread wear.

My MPGs are in the 5-10 range city (depends on my right foot) and around 15 or so highway just cruising. The tank is 24 gallons, and the car is more than happy to slurp it all down.

Stereo is good with the HiFi system and apple carplay. I haven't used the stock Ferrari nav system, I just use google maps with carplay and it works great.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  18. turbolou

turbolou Rookie

Jan 24, 2012
    Lake Forest California
    Full Name:
    Lou Czarnota
    My car arrived Monday evening It was the longest 6 days in recent memory waiting for it. Yesterday I took it for its maiden voyage & what a beast. I was afraid that I would miss my Porsche but now not so much after putting it through its paces on some back roads.On one of the straights I down shifted to 4th took to 7 grand & ran out of real estate in a hurry. Super fast was correctly named.I also own a dodge Demon an wondering if this is proper transportation & behavior for a 77 year old .

19. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Congrats!!
    I also had a 599 and this thing is just waaayyy more car! The sound is magical. Couldn’t ever get the sound I desired from the 599 and didn’t want to spend for headers. The 812 sounds perfect from the factory. Couldn’t tell you MPG but the upgraded sounds system is pretty decent. It’s just that the whole package is stunning. Never too old to live and that’ll keep us living longer! Nice choice and congrats again. My wife’s car is the 911 TS.
    It’s fitting for her:)
    She hasn’t driven the 812 yet.
    It’s a lot of car

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Altoria F and Caeruleus11 like this.
  20. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    What's a TS?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Turbo S aka TTS or Twin Turbo S.

22. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Turbo S

Andial likes this.
  23. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    Don't let her drive it... you may have to buy another!

vonbeeler and Gh21631 like this.
  24. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Haha no doubt but fortunate for me she is no speed demon. She really has no clue what a turbo S is. She just knows it’s a 911 and she calls it her zippy car. Haha. I mostly bought it because I wanted one and I knew she loved 911’s.
    She’s a grandma and drives around in auto mode barely ever getting the revs up.
    She doesn’t even have a desire to drive the 812 which is fine by me.

25. titanio360

titanio360 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 18, 2013
    You can't take it with you! Congrats on treating yourself! Enjoy!!!!