F8 - Adaptive cruise and monochromatic mirrors | FerrariChat

F8 Adaptive cruise and monochromatic mirrors

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by wthensler, Mar 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Was at the new F dealer in Orlando, beautiful new digs. I’m spec’ing the F8 spider, and I have a little time before lock in.

As I have a 458 fully optioned, Curtis (sales) and I got through all the painful details pretty quickly.

I’m uncertain whether adaptive cruise and monochromatic mirrors are worth checking into. Anyone here that can chime in?

Also, was surprised that the dealer will install Novitec cats and exhaust and, if I heard correctly, pull GPF. Was told they’re not required in the US (at least yet). So I wonder if this is possible.

Nice car, going with race seats and a fair amount of alcantara. I’m one of the weird ones that find them more comfortable, lol.

I’m at Festivals of Speed at the Ritz and will post pics in the Florida section. Always a nice event, but the last one cost me a fortune (F8S and Pilota Corsa racing school, ugh!)

AD211 and GT2goneF like this.
  2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    #2 GT2goneF, Mar 13, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    They will install, but they vary with regards to the threat of losing warranty. GPF have to come out as they are attached to the exhaust system itself and the Novitec does not include it.

.... And... who uses adaptive cruise control or any other cruise control on a Ferrari? I don't even use it on my GT2. To me it is an emasculating feature on the F8. I vote no.

AD211 and Chizz like this.
  3. Carrerarsr

Carrerarsr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Talking for Europe, for me going from Germany to Italy, driving thru Switzerland, i am happy to have a cruise control. You dont want to get caught speeding in that country. So since the roads are fine and Police is on the look I set it to 125 km/h on their „unrestricted“ parts of the Autobahn.

Headsuppassinglft likes this.
  4. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Same in France - with speed cameras (fixed and mobile) every few km on the highways, cruise control is really convenient to forget about it, specially with cars eager for high speeds.

Carrerarsr likes this.
  5. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Nice they are giving you the green light for exhaust mods, I’m working with my dealer for approval. They tell me it’s coming in the 2nd quarter, but have told me the OEM cats have to stay in place. Is you local dealership working with you on this or approved by FNA?

6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    So you use it as a fine prevention device and not necessarily cruise control.

AD211 and Carrerarsr like this.
  7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I asked here and they said they would install but they also would "void" my warranty. I find it hard for them to actually be able to void the warranty because you just replaced the exhaust. I think it is BS and they won't be able to justify that in the event that something unrelated happened to the power unit. What else can go wrong because of an exhaust?

8. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I started the conversation by asking him what if any options were there for sound enhancement. His eyes lit up and he showed me an an F8 video with the Novitec (he said they work directly with them and can deliver the car with it already setup).

I will be in contact with them later this coming week and will relay more details. Not sure about the OEM cat replacement or if it’s just catback, but if ai recall, the GPF could be deleted as it’s not yet required in the US.

But the better news for me? I can submit spec anytime.......and, my wife loves the sport seats! I want her to be able to drive it.

I like the F8S, it just feels right.

9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Monochromatic mirrors , meh. On the 488 GTB a must because if you didn't take that option you got a rear view mirror that looked like it was pulled from 1986 Toyota Corolla.

Adaptive cruise control is great but in a Ferrari ? Especially not the F8 because you will have that ugly box in the S-Duct.

BTW keep an eye on Italy it looks like it will be going in lockdown again :(

GT2goneF likes this.
  10. pninja005

pninja005 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Europe
    Is the standard mirror better on an F8?

My 488 has them and I have them as option on my F8 order just because the 488 had them.

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Same here. Great for daily drives in boring traffic.

My issue with this stuff on the F8 is that it is as ugly as it is. For this reason I vote no.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MANDALAY and GT2goneF like this.
  12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I use cruise control all the time. Going along on the motorway it's easy relaxing.

It might also shock you to know that I use Auto all the time. Daily driven cars are driven in this manner. There's no point driving in traffic while wearing yourself out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Rexcat458 and GT2goneF like this.
  13. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Shocked a bit indeed, but I can understand your point, if you daily drive your cars, it is expected to use your cruise control. I rarely use it on my daily driver(s). However, I do not use it in my leisure/spririted/sports cars. I have only used them once to make sure they work. That is it.

14. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

YES , your show room should have some F8 by now . Check out the difference if any at all.

pninja005 likes this.
  15. fredhassen

fredhassen Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Fred Hassen
    I ordered alcantara in the center of my seats. I live in a very hot climate and alcantara will never get hot......even if it sits all day in the sun.

Adaptive cruise and lane change assist are a must for me since I put a lot of miles on my cars, and I travel with them. If I left sitting in my garage I would feel differently.

Adaptive cruise makes regular cruise seem prehistoric, especially on trips. I like the lane change feature because just an added awareness of blind spots and lane changing especially at night easier.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

wthensler likes this.