California T exhaust volume easy way to increase? | FerrariChat

California T exhaust volume easy way to increase?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by THE VATICANTS, Mar 15, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. THE VATICANTS

THE VATICANTS Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    VATICANT
    As I mentioned in other threads, I actually really like the sound of the turbo on the Ferrari Cali T and 488. Don’t get me wrong I also love my 458 sound. Is there an easy way to increase the volume of the exhaust note on the Cali T without spending tons of money and going into the whole replacing exhaust systems? To be clear, I’m not looking for a different pitch - just slightly more volume of the existing note. Had anyone here done such? Thnx.

2. SB27

SB27 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    While unorthodox, my technicians at Ferrari SLC installed the Factory Handling Speciale Sport Exhaust (comes with the factor OEM HS kit) on my 2016 Cali T and mated it to my existing Capristo setup which I had done previously.

Not entirely sure what they did but the sound is excellent. To me, the Capristo valve remote control is awesome. Just put it on the keychain. In Mode 1, it's definitely a more subtle sound. In mode 2, the valves instantly open and viola Le Sound.

Nothing can touch a 458 at full wail (my opinion) but the Cali T can definitely be made to sound very good without it just being plain loud (that can also be accomplished but not my thing).

Let us know what you end up doing.

In terms of price, does your Cali T already have the HS package? If so, you are way more than half way there. Numerous options. If not, you can follow my path above but it requires a Capristo exhaust (bought mine used here on F Chat for 50% retail) and / or adding the HS factory kit ($12K) which comes with all kinds of great stuff (stiffer springs, quicker gear shift s/w update, etc) including the factory Sport Exhaust.

THE VATICANTS likes this.
  3. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Handling Speciale sport mufflers if your car is not already an HS ... deeper sound, more burbles ... made by Tubi.

4. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Look up the threads on how to keep the exhaust valves open;that won't cost anything. If you want to control the exhaust sound while driving,get a controller like the one from Capristo.

5. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    If you are going to spend money on mufflers,I would buy Tubi's aftermarket mufflers rather than the ones they make for Ferrari's HS option. I love the sound from my Portofino even with the valves set on stock instead of open.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. lucasines

lucasines Karting

Apr 22, 2016
    Paris
    Full Name:
    Gilles
  7. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    The last 10 seconds of that video definitely tells the tale ...

8. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    You could just get a set of 200 cell sports cats. Use a Capristo valve controller and their OBD Wizard. Tubi has,a set that is much more competitively priced than Novi cats.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app