Portofino owners - a couple of questions for you | FerrariChat

Portofino owners - a couple of questions for you

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ohmygosh, Mar 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ohmygosh

ohmygosh Rookie

Feb 19, 2021
    Full Name:
    Amir Goshtai
    Hey all,

I’ve just collected our (new to us) 2018 Portofino today from a main dealer. It’s our first Ferrari and simply WOW. What an experience. I’m buzzing in a way that I can’t even describe - feeing very grateful and fortunate.

I have a few questions about some controls which I wonder if any existing owners could help with - sorry for the long list - it’s so exiting learning about all this!

- Is the cup holder lid supposed to slide close automatically. When it’s open, if I click to release it, it moves slightly but doesn’t close all the way...

- Does the larger control knob to the left of the volume knob have any illumination? The face of ours is just black whereas everything else on the dash seems to have some lighting.

- Also, on the same knob, I seem to be able to click it up, left and right, but not down. Does that sound right or could mine be faulty? Or rotates fine and can be depressed fine too.

- Is there any way of making the Apple car play wireless?

- Is there a way to skip music tracks using a button somewhere rather than getting the screen in to Spotify?

- With car play, can I have my map showing on the left hand instrument cluster screen?

- Can I make the mirrors fold up automatically when I lock the car?

- When in reverse, is there a way of making kerb side mirror drop down?

- Any way of opening and closing the roof from the key?

Thank you in advance for any help with this.
    Amir

2. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Top: www.mods4cars.com will have a device that allows operation with the fob and other changes. Mirrors: must be folded each time (p.141). Cupholder lid is manual to close. Knob: Do you mean the one to the right of volume (p.98)?

saadxj220 likes this.
  3. ohmygosh

ohmygosh Rookie

Feb 19, 2021
    Full Name:
    Amir Goshtai
    thanks for the reply. I mean the larger knob. We are in the uk so I think it’s on the left.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    It looks like the dash is reversed on right-drivers. I think the knob does something when pushed down,but I haven't used it in many months and don't remember.

5. ohmygosh

ohmygosh Rookie

Feb 19, 2021
    Full Name:
    Amir Goshtai
    Thanks.

The button has a clear click in the up, left and right direction, but nothing in the down.

6. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    With the car in reverse, point the curb side mirror down where you want it then save that position with the seat position. Anytime you put the car in reverse the mirror will point where you put it, when out of reverse it will return to normal driving position.

More details on page 140:

"With reverse gear engaged, the position of the passenger external rearview mirror can be adjusted to a position other than the driving position, to help parking manoeuvres. If the personalised reverse gear position
    is never set, when the reverse gear is engaged, the passenger external rear-view mirror will in any case move slightly downwards and inwards (compared with the driving position). This position can be memorised along with all the other memorisable positions."

Rob

CCallaud and ohmygosh like this.
  7. ohmygosh

ohmygosh Rookie

Feb 19, 2021
    Full Name:
    Amir Goshtai
    Brilliant thanks Rob.

8. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    That works only if the car has the Full Electric Seats option.

rob5819 likes this.
  9. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Excellent point, I meant to mention that.

ohmygosh likes this.
  10. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    To see if you have that option,open the trunk (boot?) and look at the options plaque on the underside.

11. ohmygosh

ohmygosh Rookie

Feb 19, 2021
    Full Name:
    Amir Goshtai
    fortunately it does!

12. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    there is a dongle from china, https://carlinkitcarplay.com. it would allow the wireless carplay.
    the right hand buttons behind the steering wheel?

no

13. ohmygosh

ohmygosh Rookie

Feb 19, 2021
    Full Name:
    Amir Goshtai
    Thanks the right hand scroll bar seems to just do volume and mute?

14. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    On my 458 Spider (left hand drive), the left button does volume/mute, the right button does next/previous track. I'm guessing your car is the other way. People should really include country in their posts.

Rob

15. ohmygosh

ohmygosh Rookie

Feb 19, 2021
    Full Name:
    Amir Goshtai
    Thanks Rob. The left hand wheel seems to control what’s on the left hand instrument cluster screen.

16. ohmygosh

ohmygosh Rookie

Feb 19, 2021
    Full Name:
    Amir Goshtai
    just to say thanks for the tip on the car link. It arrived today and works brilliantly!

Still can’t figure out how to change tracks from the steering wheel though on CarPlay!

17. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    while using spotify or apple music next and previous buttons on the sterring wheel work for me.

ohmygosh likes this.
  18. ohmygosh

ohmygosh Rookie

Feb 19, 2021
    Full Name:
    Amir Goshtai
    what could I be doing wrong? I’m in the UK and the right hand roller does volume and mute (if I press). The left hand roller scrolls through the different options for what is displayed on the left screen (speed, map, audio etc). On none of those settings does it change the track. It’s driving me up the wall!