'15 Cali T trade in value? | FerrariChat

'15 Cali T trade in value?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by TifosiConch, Mar 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    I'm getting the itch to upgrade to a Portofino and have found one I like. My car is a Grigio Silverstone with 23K miles, fairly loaded with an MSRP of $256K. I'm pretty sure I could sell it for $125K private party, wondering what the dealer will offer in trade on the $210K Portofino. The sales tax savings on a trade in means I have to get about $7K more on a private sale to break even. The Portofino is 1200 miles away so I'll have some transport costs or a drive into the frozen north x 2 if I trade. Anyone have any luck selling privately? Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Interested to know what they offer you, since it's pretty close in spec to my 2015 T -- I am just about to hit 20k miles. Let us know how you do.

I almost sold my car last summer and put it on eBay, got pretty close to my target price. Only $50 to list as I recall.

3. DavidPutty

DavidPutty Karting

Jan 19, 2020
    Del Boca Vista
    Might be fun to see how much Car Max will give you.

4. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    Dealer's offer is $105K. I can swing the deal without the trade, but it would sure help. To avoid the stress, I think I'll wait till next year and hope Portofino prices fall below $200K. Then I'll sell my Cali T outright and drive my truck until I find a Portofino. I'll bet being without a Ferrari will be a great motivator....

5. THE VATICANTS

THE VATICANTS Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    VATICANT
    Cali Ts are crazy right now, 159-179k everywhere here in California. Inventory very low and most only have base options. Dealer offer for 100k is a bad joke, you can get 150+ on private market!

6. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nothing against the Porto but I don’t see 100K delta for mild upgrades and I believe your Cali T looks better. Maybe a Porto M
    Next year?

DavidPutty likes this.
  7. Cali T HS

Cali T HS Rookie

Sep 12, 2020
    Zurich Switzerland
    The Porto prices will depreciate steeper once Porto M will be delivered. Then it's the time to upgrade.

THE VATICANTS likes this.
  8. THE VATICANTS

Feb 5, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    VATICANT
    Agree. Right now would be the dumbest time to buy a Porto. The M will push it down 20-30k over the next few months once deliveries start.

9. mcw

mcw Karting

Aug 10, 2008
    2015 Cali Ts with 20,000 miles or more that were offered on Autotrader in the last 30 days have a median asking price of $129,995 with a standard deviation of $4,530. Eleven cars in United States are in this data set. Take away the ones you feel are unrealistically priced and where you estimate the negotiated sale or trade-in price on the remainders would be down from there gets a ballpark estimate.

10. THE VATICANTS

Feb 5, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    VATICANT
    Average price for California T o auto trader in 100 miles Los Angeles radius is 150 +.

11. AClark

AClark Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    USA
    $100k would make sense, depending on leather condition, soft touch condition, and if there are any engine oil leaks.... now , dealership would have had to see in the car in person to know any of the above.

Now, if the car is truly perfect, tires at all, $120k to $130k for a quick retail sale, $150k if you wait for the right buyer.

Take it for what it’s worth, Internet speculation, wish you the best which ever direction you go!

A

12. mcw

mcw Karting

Aug 10, 2008
    Specific to the '15 Cali T trade-in value of this thread topic, if one is interested in the Southern California market rather than the whole US, So Cal has three '15 cars listed in Autotrader presently. Two of those three listings have more than 20,000 miles, making them similar in mileage to the question posed for the thread. Those two cars have asking prices of $122,900 and $128,950. I don't see any listings nationwide for '15 Cali Ts with more than 5,000 miles that are over $150,000 asking.

technom3 likes this.
  13. Todd Stuart

Todd Stuart Rookie

Apr 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Todd Stiart
    I just bought a 15 T with 8k miles for 144K. It is Tour de France Blue and that is the color my wife wanted. It is a very hard color to find. I think I paid fair given the superlow mileage but the color made it a easy call for me.

DavidPutty likes this.
  14. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    upgrading from cali T to portofino is one of the most useless upgrades. try F8 at least, or a nice pista :)

DavidPutty and Cali T HS like this.
  15. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    No idea where you are getting these numbers from.
    Actual ASKING prices for 2015 California are from $145k for 6-8k miles cars to $125k for cars with 18-20k miles, these are retail asking and not the actual sales.
    Dealer offering $105k is not trying to steal it, he is taking it on his floor plan and still hoping for a decent profit on it.
    Not dealing with idiots coming to your house, taking your time and looking for a joy ride is definitely worth something too.
    Let the dealer deal with that.
    Getting $150k for a 2015 20k mile Cali is a pipe dream......

16. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    I bought it from a private party in February of last year with 16K miles for $115K. I think the dealer's offer is fair, he did say he can add $5K if my description of the car is completely accurate. I didn't expect to sell at retail, but I did expect a little more of a discount on the Portofino. He still has the Portofino, maybe the deal will get a little sweeter with time...

17. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    Ah that was you on CarGurus. Nice score! Looking for the same