Finally considering ordering new | FerrariChat

Finally considering ordering new

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Dseig001, Mar 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    So I’ve been talking about it for a while, currently own a 2006 F430 Spider and a 2017 California T.

I want a Porto

I think I’m ready to pull the trigger. I’m thinking Blanco Fuji over Black with silver accents, maybe silver carbon (tailor made, I know).

What’s is the process like? How long should I be expecting to wait? I’m hearing ranges from 6 moths to a year.

I’m working on spec, but I know I want CarPlay, Magneride, vented seats. I’m planning to dump money into paint and interior.

2. CCallaud

CCallaud Rookie

Feb 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    C
    Hi - I talked to a dealer last week as I was looking into ordering a Portofino M. He mentioned his first customers (who have already ordered) would get delivery in January next year.
    His best estimate was 12 months wait from the time I order.

3. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    12 months probably with tailor made time. It can really delay things.

4. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    I'm hearing more optimistic estimates in the six month territory (with obvious caveats). Our dealer had a Portofino M viewing on 3 March, we put a deposit down today (Rosso Portofino over Nero). We didn't do Tailor Made so can't comment on that process. The normal dealer build process was easy and fun (although the computer crashed just as we finished the build so we got to do it twice).

For your specifics, CarPlay is now SMRT (SMARTPHONE CONNECTION SMRT 4,219). It is a wired solution that covers both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Magneride is MADM for $5568. Heated/ventilated seats is RSFD for $8100 and I would add AIRS (neck scarf) for $3375.

Enjoy the process and the future car,

Rob

5. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    I ordered the full electric ventilated seats and my code is RSFV

I wonder what the diff is between RSFV and RSFD?

rob5819 likes this.
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Last TM car I know of, took two years. It can take a very long time.

Have you discussed it with your dealer? It's not always possible for first time buyers to get a TM slot.

When talking TM you need to consider two things for time. Kne is a long wait just to get the spot to configure the car. The other is the actual build time. In the worst case, you could easilly look at 18-30 months, perhaps more. Sometimes this is nkt the case, but sometimes it is.

What exactly is it you want to do TM wise?
    The coloured CF is not a TM thing and there's A LOT of options in the normal atelier way. For TM to make sense, you need some pretty out of the box stuff. Are you planning on special materials etc.? A lot of what has previously been done in TM makes it over to atelier availability, so you need to be pretty sure that TM is what you want.

Fact of the matter is, sadly, that a lot of dealer staff does not actually know what is even possible just at the dealer. TM also obligates you to spend a minimum amount om money, so keep that in mind. Not quite sure I'd do TM as a first time buyer. Go to an atelier first perhaps. You might find that it is more than sufficient - a lot of people do.

Just some food for thought.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Good catch, I meant RSFV. I was looking at the line above: RSFD "20"" FORGED DIAMOND RIMS

8. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    THIS WAS SO HELPFUL!

I want a Biano Fuji car with sliver carbon interior, red seats, black upper dash, red lower, black door panels with red inserts. Silver stitching on the red, red on the black. Other than that, just regular options

9. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    I don't know for sure but that spec sounds like TM to me. I think the silver carbon fiber might be the TM option but check with your dealer not sure.

10. SilverLeaf

SilverLeaf Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    #10 SilverLeaf, Mar 19, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    Is Bianco Fuji a metallic white? Saw video of this one from a Japanese launch event (starts at about 3:35 into the video) - it's a really classy color.

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Yes it is a very metallic white. It looks somewhat grey-ish with a yellow hue.
    If you want a really "hard" unbroken white, Bianco Cervino is what you want. Fuji is a bit silver or pearl as it were. I take it that you have seen at least a sample at your dealer? If not, ask your dealer for one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    new porto looks like a dead investment to me since you already have a cali T. perhaps save up for an F8 if you are really into new?

13. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    Investment? It’s a daily driver to replace the Cali. People don’t actually think a GT car is an investment, do they?

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  14. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    That Might have me downgrade. I’m going to drive the **** out of this car.

15. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    Good for You !!!