Sold - PCARMARKET offers 2008 Ferrari 430 Scuderia | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sold PCARMARKET offers 2008 Ferrari 430 Scuderia

Discussion in 'Cars' started by PCARMARKET, Feb 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Beautiful.

2. h22gordo

h22gordo Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Gordan
    That Pozzi Blue is amazing in person. Someone definitely got a nice one. Congrats to all.

ChrisGA and PCARMARKET like this.
  3. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    That car was in rough shape, the headliner is falling down, the fabric on the passenger seat was bubbling up, and had the usual items that needed to be sorted: loose tail lights, loose side mirrors, sticky bits, carbon fiber is hazing on the engine panel and headlights. I would not call that car pristine. I hope the winning bidder was able to see the car in person.

GHG likes this.
  4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    are you an ******* or just an *******? I'm not sure which. It is a 13 year old car, everything you mentioned is common with all modern Ferraris since the 328/Testarossa before modern plastics and materials used. the only exceptions would be garage queens out of the sun and perfect climate control, but then it would risk driveline issues 10x more expensive than doing an interior refresh.

this is a solid car and the fact you only nitpicked the trim of this 13 year old car makes you the FerrariChat ******* of the week. my guess from your post you have been an ******* your entire life, you must be miserable.

5. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Tell us how you really feel Rob. :)

Good to see you (virtually) buddy. I'm getting back into FChat, slowly but surely.

rob lay likes this.
  6. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    I recommend a "self cancel" ban of two days lol, yeah we all live you Rob

cgt000 and Booker like this.
  7. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    #32 rennspeed, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    Read the ad Einstein. It states the car is in pristine collector-grade condition. Lovely response, I guess you have to protect your sponsors, have you seen the car? Yeah I didn't think so and I don't see any of these items being mentioned in the ad- great time to cancel my account and never come back here I'll spread the word. This place is toxic no wonder everyone leaves

GHG and tomgt like this.
  8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    you are the prime example of toxic troll and and a minority that the masses don’t care to be around in this good community.

9. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Rob , I’m really digging your new hair style. Kinda looks like mine. :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

JAM1, toggie, energy88 and 4 others like this.
  10. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I've seen your doo , I'm sticking w Rob... :D

Jamie H and Cigarzman like this.
  11. Jamie H

Jamie H Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 28, 2009
    Puslinch,ON
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Rocking it !!!

12. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Rob uses a windsor knot when tying his tie. Couldn't be him.

Jamie H and Cigarzman like this.
  13. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Cigarzman likes this.
  14. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    wow...that turned into a ****show.

which one of you forgot their meds this morning?

sjd

Alcav5 and Cigarzman like this.
  15. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Interesting. Calling someone Einstein or discussing a car’s condition gets a ban, but this is ok?

“are you an ******* or just an *******?”

“makes you the FerrariChat ******* of the week. my guess from your post you have been an ******* your entire life, you must be miserable.”

16. NaO

NaO Karting

Apr 23, 2017
    I’m going to unsquawk 7500 and bring this hijacked thread back to center. That color is freaking gorgeous on that scud. An absolute gem.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    welcome to 2 weeks ago, we’ve already been through it here and with mods, send me a message if you want.

18. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    There was some concern that this particular account, which probably needed a commercial username change, had a history of undermining posts directed towards paying sponsors. This was not something that was on the radar for the volunteer moderators, but was picked up on by the administrators. Some intervention was required here, although there has been discussion in the moderator forum about the scope and level of response that was required.

Rob has a tendency to respond with disproportionate force and the moderators debated very vigorously with him about how this approach can inappropriately be akin to executing someone over a misdemeanor. Frankly, it is not an approach that that the volunteer moderators support and we have implored him to either respond with greater tact and less aggression, or to simply report matters for us to handle more diplomatically. Unfortunately, the situation here looks somewhat unsalvageable as it stands.

To be clear, if the text you highlighted had been posted by a member, I would have applied a ban for personal attacks. However, nobody on the moderation team has the authority to apply a ban on an administrator account, and given that he must have unrestricted access to run the business of FerrariChat, it is not feasible to ban him either. We are working on trying to step in sooner in future situations so that Rob does not feel the need to step in personally, and also discussing with him how best to handle and resolve any unfortunate incidents that may arise in the future. If you see any posts in future that the moderators should discuss, please hit the report button to call them to our attention and we'll do what we can to lower the heat.

To be fair, none of our discussion was public and it's a reasonable question.

I think, having addressed his concerns with the best answer I can give, it is appropriate for me to close the thread so we can all move on and PCARMARKET can focus on their upcoming auctions.

All the best,
    Andrew.

BOKE and JAM1 like this.
  19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    “2 weeks” had to do with this thread, not any mod discussions.

good job Andrew closing it, the thread is done and any more necromancing is trolling.