599 Shocks | Page 6 | FerrariChat

599 Shocks

Discussion in '612/599' started by Hawkeye, May 22, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    About $545 a piece, not bad compared to the Ferrari mordida effect.

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. ChrisPinHK

ChrisPinHK Rookie

Apr 9, 2020
    Hong Kong
    Hi, when the time comes, I'd recommend Musketeer Motorsport (ex AutoItalia Ferrari mechanics) in Kowloon Bay. Did my rear shocks last month for HK$44k...transformed the ride and handling..:)

FIN612 likes this.
  3. Ds599

Ds599 Rookie

Jan 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    Q100
    Thanks man. Do they fix tft screen as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. F3RN4ND0

F3RN4ND0 Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    F3RN
    I repaired my tft screen at Clusterrepair in UK

5. ChrisPinHK

ChrisPinHK Rookie

Apr 9, 2020
    Hong Kong
    I guess best to ask them. They certainly know old and new Ferrari's. Website www.musketeers.hk or you can call them +85226501608. They just replaced the 'auto' button on my gearbox for HK$750 instead of replacing the whole unit, so fingers crossed can help. Good luck!

6. Cargt63

Cargt63 Karting

Aug 12, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Temuri and FIN612 like this.
  7. FNCOOL

FNCOOL Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2020
    UAE
    Full Name:
    GEZEN BILIR
    Seems a pricey one. Have you received a quote?

8. Cargt63

Cargt63 Karting

Aug 12, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Probably. But if you want to travel first class, you have to buy a first class ticket. But we are driving Ferraris, right?

9. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I guess I should breath some life back into this thread. Did anyone in the US start rebuilding the shocks yet? OR, did anyone try out the polish place or the other suggestion? They did the fronts before I bought my car but the rears are only a matter of time and there is the weird chirp on speed bumps that my mechanic said is the shock. Not urgent but I guess it is on my list of things to think about.

10. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Skidkid likes this.
  11. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Thanks. Someone earlier in the thread posted this link as well; Putting this here so it is easier to find. It looks interesting but I don't think I will go this way. Madeno Racing - Road Performance

I also ran across someplace in England that is doing rebuilds, prices are in pounds. BUT, if I had to guess they are shipping them to the place in Poland and marking it up some.

I guess later I will get a set sent from Poland and see how it goes. Then I can return these as the cores.

12. powersteer

powersteer Rookie

Sep 13, 2020
    Love this thread, thanks to everyone for sharing!

13. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

We just looked at my shocks this week. 44K and a little weeping but not quite ready to fix, maybe next year.

14. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

Asking Madeno Racing for a quote now. The problem with the Polish solution is having the car on a shop's lift for a month. I may just go OEM and be done with it.

15. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    George- Put on new ones and fix the old ones for spares or resale.

16. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I thought about doing just that. I do have a lift so I could leave the car up while the shocks are out and may go that way. It will give me time to do the entire suspension rebuild.

17. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

My thought exactly.

18. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

FYI from Madeno Racing:

we developed a system to rebuild the original non-serviceable factory 599 Magneride dampers
    with improved quality, performance and reliability. during the rebuilds we replace the current
    topguides for new developed ones which are equipped with a double highest quality seal system.

the current dampers will be fully stripped down, all internal components inspected, cleaned
    and checked before building up the dampers again. electronic magnetic actuators will be
    checked too for correct operation.

we refilled the dampers with our own spec. blended Magnetorheological fluid and nitro
    pressured. damper are individually dyno tested after built.

the price for a damper rebuild including upgrade amounts € 775.00 per damper
    € 1550.00 per axle / € 3100.00 complete set of 4 dampers (excl. shipping costs)

prices are excl. 21% dutch VAT taxes. but we supply tax free outside EU

beside the rebuilds we offer our MMR.599 Evoluzione upgrade system (Magneride Madeno Racing.599)
    specifically developed for slighlty lowered ride-heights, improved center of gravity, reduced body-roll,
    new springs with increased spring rates for an exceptional improved handling performance without
    sacrificing driving comfort !

the damper strokes are already very limited at stock ride-height, only 16mm at the front and 36mm at
    the rear. if we want to drop the ride-height with appr. -20mm we have to replace the adjuster sleeves
    and increase the damper strokes by shortened the damper tubes.
    there is an installation ratio at the front and rear but the car is using the bumpstops at the front at stock
    ride-height already very often.

there is not enough space left inside the dampers for the floating pistons between the fluid and nitro
    chamber with shortened damper tubes, so we equipped the dampers with external reservoirs to replace
    the floating pistons, extra amount of damper fluid and nitro chamber into the extern reservoirs.

the price of the MMR.599 Evoluzione upgrade (including full rebuilds and damper upgrades) new front
    and rear springs amounts € 4770.00 (excl. shipping costs)

we supplied our damper rebuilds & MMR.599 Evo upgrade kit with 2-years unlimited warranty !

attached you will find a few pictures of the MMR.599 Evo upgrade kit

please don't hesitate to contact me if there are any questions, something not clear or if you want
    more detailed information.

kind regards,
    Leo

Skidkid likes this.
  19. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I had looked at their site. It does look interesting.

20. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    The question I find myself asking is "Does the upgraded Evoluzione suspension add or detract from HGTE?" and "Is the upgrade worth it vs stock?" Obviously it would no longer be stock, or even look stock, so there is that. Does it bring sufficient value to warrant jumping away from a stock look vs just doing the rebuild? Any thoughts on this?

21. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

The way I understand it, the standard shock is also on the HGTE model with lower springs and a smaller cap at the top to make room for the wider front wheel. I've never had the chance to drive an HGTE so I can't comment on the improvements but I guess that if you're not racing the car maybe OEM is the better way.

22. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I have HGTE, yes dealer installed but everything so pretty much the same. It is very different than the standard. If you are pushing it, it is pretty sensitive to tire pressure. I agree that street driving probably does not require the upgraded ones. Thank you so much for the response.

FIN612 likes this.
  23. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    At that point, why not just go KW and throw the original suspension in a box?

24. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

Because they won't engage with the computer and magneto.