812 VS Rumors | Page 223 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Then this was true...
    At least I was selcted as 1500 some important people.
    But should I be graceful or be mad about? Why make two versions anyway just to remind me that I am lesser customer or that I feel treated less than what I payed for at least 20 years?
    It is hard to describe how I feel about this. 20% joy but 80% anger and sadness maybe.

I will never be top at this rate and I don’t care anymore. My money has moved on to other brand and I am top already for them...Time has come to let go of hope that one day Ferrari will notice me and find me important of some sort. Well at least I tried. I tried hard...

If there were only one version, then this might trick many including me that we still have chance and Ferrari don’t seperste among us who is first and who is second tier.

Well, it is just I am getting older... maybe...

I mean if the choice were upon us to decide which version and like sp1 and sp2, targa and coupe is more seperated by how one drives... better yet if there were only one version...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    At least you were offered one. By the time my GTS comes in I will have spent >$2M at one dealership and still zero chance for a VS.

3. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    If you really don’t want it, please contact me and I will happily take it off you, and I will drive it and track it....

Seems like no pleasing some people...

4. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    No I am not pleased. And this is silly because they wasted this as an unpleasant event for some of us as being noted as lesser ones than Top clients. They could have done differently with style if they had to do targa one.

5. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Can you explain me in simple english what is the problem ? you're among the lucky ones, and you're still not happy ? You wanted to have both ?

6. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    The last time I took my 06 Forster into my used Subaru dealership I was pleased that they left a branded air freshener in the car after the service.

However, as I was leaving I glanced across the lot to where an 05 Legacy was being prepped post service.
    What did I see? Two air fresheners swinging from the rear view mirror !

How did I feel ? Totally not top, that’s how I felt !

I felt my brand loyalty has been abused, not to mention the literally hundreds of pounds I have spent over the last 7 years.
    I rang Joe’s Subaru and and railed at the manager: “Do not be surprised if the next time you see me I am in a 04 Shogun!”

You know how I felt, when I put the phone down ? Top

stavura, Doug23, Data and 9 others like this.
  7. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Forster...you a lesbo? :D

Adamas likes this.
  8. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Its all about the coupe anyway - let‘s be honest. Not going into the details why. My dealer confirmed that there will not be more than 812 coupes and not more than a maximum of 499 apertas. Honestly, would you rather have the SA Aperta or the GTO? I‘d pick the GTO any day. Sure SA more limited and hence more valuable but who gives a flying f in this segment. It‘ll be N/A V12 and def the last one in this setup. Besides that the fact that it‘ll be a manual targa just makes it a bit annoying. Dream combo is the GTS next to the purist Coupe VS.

stavura, hagen111, Thomas S. and 9 others like this.
  9. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Yes, though clearly not a top one.

10. Doktor Evil

Doktor Evil Rookie

Apr 22, 2011
    Strange that you think that way - even in the top 1500 you’ll probably be in the top 100 (or fewer) for the country you live in - and probably in the top 3 or 4 within your dealership

There are tens of thousands of Ferrari customers just as passionate about the brand as you that have spent a large amount with Ferrari over the years that haven’t made the list and would give their right arm to have the opportunity you have been given.

These aren’t dealer allocated cars - someone at Ferrari has decided you’re worthy when they could have said no and moved onto the next person on the list.

So you get a coupe rather than an aperta.... you’re still going to get an amazing car.

Thomas S. and 456-boy like this.
  11. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Maybe if you spent more money at your dealer / with the brand you'd be a higher ranked client. Idk, seems like an easy problem to solve. But as it stands, you are a higher ranked client than I am, and most others on this forum. I guess for some people they can't appreciate being allocated a car that ~1000 people in the world will get.

12. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I’ll take your Coupe allocation if you don’t want it.....

leopoldo likes this.
  13. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    It’s in the right thread then...:)

stavura, BJK, 350MH83 and 3 others like this.
  14. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Really does sound like you might have too much and are living in state of delirious La la land to me...the coupe will no doubt be the superior track machine, which is what it will be designed for, so in some ways you are not only the lucky one, but the really lucky one as you will probably have the better machine.... (unless your buying it to look at of course then that won’t make any sense at all)

Funny thing too much money...creates a sensation of every glass half empty when in actual fact it is brimmed full...or maybe is the glass empty...maybe that is it

The rest of us will simply have to keep buying the standard fantastic evolutions from Maranello, which no doubt you would look down on us all...in our new machines...

Doug23, Thomas S., italiafan and 2 others like this.
  15. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    #5565 George330, Mar 19, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    Not sure if you already saw the Aperta but you might feel differently once you do... this is NOT a 599 SA Aperta...

Caeruleus11, JagShergill and Avia11 like this.
  16. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    George, you're gettin' the open top. I smell it :D

roma1280 and JagShergill like this.
  17. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Agreed with the general idea

VS coupe + GTS seems the perfect couple for me.

One important thing is that the SA Aperta is not a VS car. It has a GTO engine but that's it. All the other components are specific or come from the "Civilian" GTB/HGTE. It's not a GTO spider.

Same goes for the F60 America, which has a Tdf engine and nothing else from the tdf

If you except the SP3JC two-off , which are genuine Tdf's spiders, the VS Aperta will be the first open top front V12 Vs car.

18. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I will have a coupe and some friends of mine who saw both versions reacted just like you did: the coupé version seems to be by far the purest/ nicest version.

However, the idea of letting clients choose between coupé and targa like it was for Monza SP1/SP2 would have been really nice.

456-boy and roma1280 like this.
  19. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    And I will also have a GTS to make the perfect combination!

roma1280 likes this.
  20. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I do believe George was saying quite the opposite. That both are equally gorgeous

italiafan likes this.
  21. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    You are probably right, George will confirm! I read the posts too fast, once again.

Anyway, the feedback I got so far from friends who saw both versions are in favour of the coupé. However they will all most probably go for the aperta as it will undoubtedly be even more exclusive.

22. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Hard to imagine someone on this thread being allocated one of the most sought after cars of all time that only a tiny fraction of the people that have ever lived can afford, being disappointed ... that’s the world we live in, let’s give safe spaces to all these people to suck their thumbs.

23. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    A Track focussed near ‘ hypercar’ screaming 10,000rpm witgh it’s top down whilst ‘trying’ to go flat out through Eau Rouge..... You know what racecar drivers would say.....
    “ look at that hair dresser trying to go fast”!!
    The Coupe for me each and everyday; screw the aparta.

ilcapodizurigo and roma1280 like this.
  24. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    So would you take a LaFerrari or the LaFerrari Aperta? I’d take the Aperta, maybe because I don’t do Eau Rouge on a regular basis, although I have driven it in the past.

JagShergill and Caeruleus11 like this.
  25. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Reminds me of the Louis CK bit years ago where he talks about how everything is amazing and no one is happy....

BJK, Caeruleus11 and roma1280 like this.