812 VS Rumors | Page 225 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK

Not trying to be your psychologist here, but if you cared less about how much other valued you, you would be a happier person. Also, try not to take yourself too seriously. We are all just people. Try to enjoy life as it comes, Ferraris or not. We live on a planet where 3 billion people do not have access to running water. Complaining about Ferraris is nonsensical.

PS: Your English is fine!

2. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Are you available for private functions about April 12-15th? ?? Such as ..... launches ;-)

italiafan likes this.
  3. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    There are many potential names for this VS.

Personally, I really love the name Ferrari 865 Daytona (a kind of tribute to the Ferrari 365 Daytona) but it will (apparently) not be the case.

Many speculate about a presentation in Imola, so why not Ferrari 812 Imola? I think it sounds good but I don't believe it either.

Or maybe a presentation at the Mugello Circuit? Ferrari 812 Mugello or Ferrari 865 Mugello sounds really good to me.

Interestingly, the year of production (2022) coincides with the anniversary of the mythical 250 GTO (1962 if I am not mistaken).

So why not Ferrari 850 GTO? Sounds good, doesn't it?

One thing is for sure, they won't call it 812 Monza, it reminds too much the Icona model (in my opinion).

Anyway, I'm curious to know the final name.

4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Yes, mi’lord. Sorry, mi’lord. Won’t happen again. But, some watery tart lobbing a scimitar at you is no basis for VS selection!
    :D

5. vegasoul

vegasoul Rookie

Apr 26, 2016

You just made me feel real special... I do have quite a few cars and active on track. I guess Only thing going for me is that I am in my early 40s so Ferrari see me someone who would be buying cars for another 20-30 years. The present Value of the stream of income I will pay them is probably similar or higher than some of the guys you mentioned.

I hope not all of this is ego\addiction. it is honestly quite insane to have 100m of cars as an investment... If you are not driving them of enjoying it.

Dubaicity likes this.
  6. vegasoul

vegasoul Rookie

Apr 26, 2016
    I like the coupe. Hesitated even though I was offered the Targa. Getting both would be nice.

ilcapodizurigo likes this.
  7. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Nice - if you know, you know.

8. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Totally respect your view. At the end of the day, as I said previously, both cars are very special (much more than the 599GTO and SA Aperta in my opinion) and getting either one is a real privilege
    Enjoy yours in good health

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

JackCongo and ilcapodizurigo like this.
  9. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I dunno...I would happily sign up for the special brand of insanity that comes with a $100M car collection....errrr “investment”. Cars are quite literally the ONLY thing I spend money on, and the ONLY material possession I truly value. For me, it’s not hard to understand why dudes that can, do....

stavura, of2worlds, ScrappyB and 5 others like this.
  10. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    I think that all these special v12 will be “ star “ GTO , tdf and this Daytona . GTO for many will have the best sound and only 599 pcs , TDF a very beautiful v12 with a sound close to the GTO and 812 VS more units than GTO and TDF but with a very aggressive style ( for who likes aggressive shapes ) . All of these cars will have their fans!

mepassione, dcmetro and Jonathan19 like this.
  11. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Understood...thank you. My apologies.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. vegasoul

vegasoul Rookie

Apr 26, 2016
    #5612 vegasoul, Mar 20, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    I get it but you don't need me to tell you that some diversification would be prudent. I feel that kids nowadays like Lambo and McLaren more than Ferrari... For whatever reason... Cars are more like liability rather than assets. Just spent 50k to rebuild the gearbox of my F1.

Getting to drive a F1 is...priceless of course. ( to use the trope). Just brought another V10 F1 actually. Need to get one after hearing that sound. I guess I might get to some crazy number someday.

Thecadster and roma1280 like this.
  13. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Are to talking about McLaren F1 or Formula One cars ?

14. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    No basis , but sounds like a fun allocation process ! :)

italiafan likes this.
  15. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Or, as Reg carefully explained to the comrades in Judea, Version Speciales should be handed out by the Emilia Romagnans to every Judean man (or woman !) citizen (entry level) Ferrari owner and not hoarded by the likes of Biggus Dickus.

Otherwise, the humble (entry level) Ferrari owning citizens are going to start asking : What have the Emilia Romagnans ever done for us?

italiafan likes this.
  16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Oh man, I wish. I'm a one hit wonder. I'll be burnt out and ready for Betty Ford long before:D

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Ltfor3 likes this.
  17. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    stavura, 350MH83, 9nb and 7 others like this.
  18. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    That would be truly amazing!

Thecadster likes this.
  19. vegasoul

vegasoul Rookie

Apr 26, 2016
    this is a Ferrari forum, right? F2000 Schumacher.

stavura, nasko812, italiafan and 3 others like this.
  20. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Don't think McLaren F1 gearbox rebuild costs 50K :)

635CSI and Thecadster like this.
  21. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Just a quick observation, there are some exceptionally smart people on this thread.

Caeruleus11 and JagShergill like this.
  22. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    3 weeks away from the official reveal and I marvel at Ferrari - they have kept the car under wraps ( except for the ‘Japanese’ customer ‘leak’) and allowed us Ferrarista to dream/imagine /hope - I’m an impatient guy , but I do savour the suspense . Imho, Ferrari are the only company to make grown
    successful men feel like little excited boys the day before Disneyland ....
    I initially thought that there may be another ultra rare last V12 ( NA) after this VS but I’ve changed my mind . The build up to this car has been so anticipated and kept secret that I know believe this IS the last NA V12 Ferrari will produce as they undoubtedly eek out every last BHP.
    I’m now more intrigued at finding out the mechanics / unique new features etc more than the Bodywork/appearence - I never thought I’d say that.
    I’m also excited at the thought of the discussion on Fchat as soon as the VS is presented . The learned , passionate members posts here are truly addictive for me to read - whether I agree or not , this Fchat forum has increased my pleasure in the anticipation of the public reveal.
    Im sure we all agree that we are vastly more fortunate than most to be able to contemplate owning Ferraris - this forum should be congratulated in v entertainingly filling the ‘radio silince ‘ before the launch - Bravo Ferrari , bravo FChat members ..

stavura, Ltfor3, mofatmi9 and 23 others like this.
  23. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Amen Jag...

JagShergill likes this.
  24. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Sarcasm ?

Directed at me ?

25. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham

Well put Sir, it is about shared enthusiasm, not status, this Ferrari thing that has us all hooked.