Back again | FerrariChat

Back again

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Elsi, Mar 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Not sure if anyone remembers me… I sold my 575M HGTC more than two years back to buy a 458 Spider … and bought my 575M back again yesterday!

I missed it too much, so I had to buy it back. The dealer did not sell it so far, so I bought it :)
    I gave my Maserati 3200 to the dealer as a trade. See pics.

Glad to be part of the Maranello gang again.

Markus

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    You have good taste in cars!

3. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Sweet!! Since the dealer could not sell it were you able to make a great deal to get your old car back?

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Markus- Welcome back. Still have the 575M model you made for me in a position of honor. Glad you got your HGTC back. Rare as hen's teeth.

5. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Congrats!! Didn’t you also buy that Maserati back many years ago after you had first used it as a part payment for the 575 when you bought that the first time...?! I really dig you «buy it back thing» and I can tell you that the Maranello society here is growing better and better for every month. Welcome back.

Speaking of Switzerland... I took my 550 down through Switzerland in September 2020. Driving through the alps is like a fairytale, a dream, a green paradise... This summer I want to go back and also into Austria and Italy. You can’t have a better time than there and no work stress...

Erik

6. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    That statement describes the entire Maranello market in the UK presently. There's very little reality displayed in asking prices.

7. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    Welcome back :)

8. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Thank you all for the kind words! That’s really kind!

The deal was OK but not great. I paid about CHF 20K (which is about the same in USD) more what they paid me 2 years before. They did a belt service, replaced the clutch, did the sticky buttons, repainted the front bumper, cleaned the leather and polished the car. So, the car has a nice refresh, but they still made a good profit, I am sure.

Yes, that’s me who bought my old Maserati 3200 back several years ago. And now I traded it in for the 575M. The wife said, she is sure I will buy the Maser back some years later…;)

Thanks, Terry, for the kind words! I still have your owners manuals you sent me on a DVD several years back. Not sure about the 575M model. I compiled and posted a poster of all recent V12 and V8 F-cars back then.

@Erik: Let me know when you happen to be in Switzerland next time. About 5 years back I founded the (unofficial) Ferrari Drivers Club and we are doing a tour every month. If you are interested, you can find all our tours here: https://ferrari-drivers-club.ch/

Great to be back in this community!

Markus

PS: And a pic from the good old times…
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Fennicus, Il Tifoso and F456M like this.
  9. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
  10. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Hi Markus! I had a look at your drive club website and sent an e-mail as a request for being a member. It sounds really great to explore Switzerland with the locals :) I miss my 3200 GT... Such a cool car. I find it quite likely that you will buy yours back for the 2nd time....

11. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Most Ferraris only look big in photos, but when they are next to a sedan or SUV....

12. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Erik, great you also had a 3200! And great you are interested in our small club. Thanks for your e-mail which I just replied to.

Markus

F456M likes this.
  13. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    True, Terry. People think how wide the 512 TR is. To get access to the garage I must use a garage lift. Where the 512 TR is very easy to drive into the lift, I must fold the mirrors of the 458 and be really careful. Older cars are much smaller than newer cars…

Markus

14. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Markus, welcome back!

I have had the privilege of meeting Markus and also his fabulous HGTC in Switzerland a few years back. It was the first time I had heard a HGTC exhaust and it was so impressive.

A true gentleman connoisseur who also really drives his Ferraris.

F456M likes this.
  15. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Thank you Darius for your kind words!

Themaven likes this.
  16. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Hi Markus

Great !
    I knew that you will regret selling the 575.
    ;)

Perhaps we have a Furka, Nufenen, Tremola, Grimsel, Susten trip once again in the future.
    That were really great 2 days with Peter (3200GT), Michael (3200GT), Angie (Cali), some other Maserati drivers and you with the 575.

Kind regards to you, Daniel

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Hey Daniel

Thanks for the nice word and the great pics! I often think back to this tour. This was such a cool event!

Maybe you want to join us on one of our Club’s tours: https://ferrari-drivers-club.ch/

But I think COVID should be over to have a tour together.

Markus

18. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Awesome pics and congrats on the acquisition Markus! I'm jealous of those fantastic roads you guys have!

19. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Thanks. Yes, we have some great roads but also high fines if you go too fast…

Markus

rhern213 likes this.
  20. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Wow!! Beautiful pictures! Thanks Daniel.

21. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Camp Freddie and rhern213 like this.
  22. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Welcome back to the club - sadly I am just leaving (my 550 is up for sale now).

23. Robbe

Robbe Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2013
    The Netherlands
    Ah, the 3200 ...had one for 2 years, 2 years ago.
    Did all that was possible to the wireless throttle (replacing both pots, recalibrate the throttle housing etc), but it remained an overly nervous pedal...
    But apart from that, it was a fast car, and I enjoyed it. But my 550 feels much more "together" .
    At least, that is what I remember from it. Took a lot of the engine apart this winter, now nearing completion.

I replaced the daily driver 3200 with a BMW Z3M coupe (the euro 320 hp version), but the Gran Tusrismo 4.7 as a possible replacement for the BMW is looking more interesting by the day...