458 - Vibration issues | FerrariChat

458 Vibration issues

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Petrolhead#32, Mar 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Petrolhead#32

Petrolhead#32 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2020
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Petrolhead#32
    Hey everyone, I've been researching the FChat looking for the topics of vibration issues, potentially with the Novitec sport springs and spacers.

Like so many of you, I bought a 2013 458 Spider and immediately wanted to lower the height, and also stiffen it a bit too to make it more sporty. My local shop that I always trust offered me the Novitec SS option + spacers and lowered it 30mm. I've used them for a few months now. Looks wise, I couldn't be happier.

However, my issue is that I get an annoying vibration. The issue is there although it’s changed over time. Most noticeable on the HW at >70 mpg, but also at lower speeds if the pavement is not ultra smooth. The left mirror also shakes too much. In spirited driving the car also shakes too much when turning fairly aggressively.

The vibration used to be noticeable on the steering wheel for a while. So I checked the balancing of the wheels and also if there was any issues with any cracked wheel with my shop and everything is good there. They took care of the balancing recently and the steering wheel doesn't vibrate much at all now. But I still get vibration coming from the seat, or what feels like it the lower part of the car, actually. Tough to describe...

I know the ride gets stiffer with the Novitec SS, but obviously I don't think the vibration is a result of it. My other car is a GT3, BTW, and while the ride is firm and rides lower, it feels a heck of a lot more planted, doesn't vibrate at all, and ultimately offers me a sporty but also comfortable ride and more confidence too.

Thoughts on this? Could it be the SS? Could it be the spacers? Wheels issue?

Thx in advance

2. daflk

daflk Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2013
    Hong Kong
    Check for shocks leaking, it’s due to leak soon if you’ve never had a change yet.
    Has the car ever had engine and transmission mounts changed?
    Did you do a fresh alignment after lowering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
  4. Petrolhead#32

Petrolhead#32 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2020
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Petrolhead#32

5. Petrolhead#32