F12 Bike rack? | FerrariChat

F12 Bike rack?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by cwall, Mar 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cwall

cwall Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    Does anyone know of or have experience with any?

2. evanmcm

evanmcm Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 15, 2009
    Chicago
    Have heard good things about these - https://www.seasucker.com - but no first-hand experience. Seem to get good reviews as well.

3. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    please dont do this

Altoria F likes this.
  4. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    I’ve heard good things about sea sucker also. I’m not going down that route though. For my 812 I’m getting a custom two bike rack made. Will take a while and I want it to be sleek in keeping with the car. Probably make from carbon fiber and 3D printed titanium. Hopefully will have done by the time we are free to move once Covid travel restrictions end. Love riding and want to be able to travel with my bike!!!

cwall likes this.
  5. bluesea

bluesea Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    This may be too much hassle for more than say, twice a week, and it's more of a single bike/passenger option, but I found that this works pretty well and is much safer than putting a bike on the roof.

Aside from taking off the wheels I separated the handlebar from the stem and, in this case, lowered my seat. One could easily lower or remove the seat and seat post (A Di2 seat post battery might be an issue).

There is plenty of room around the frame for other items. I put my wagon's mat in first to protect it but I'd get a softer moving rug to protect the seats (this was a test run). Upon a successful fitment I did a little road trip to Monterey. I left the inside trunk flip-lid behind but I think there's room for it lying somewhere over the bike frame.

I don't care what anyone says, :) I think it's a pretty cool solo setup for weekend trips, and with the right bike - not sure about integrated seat posts. At the hotels no one expects a bike to emerge from this low-slung supercoupe. Lol.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Raj seth, ANOpax, cwall and 1 other person like this.
  6. dlopez001

dlopez001 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    DL
    How/where will the custom bike rack be mounted to the F12?

7. Rabies

Rabies Karting

Apr 4, 2020
    UK
    I used to use a Saris Bones on the back of a Porsche Boxster to carry an Intense M6 DH MTB!

evanmcm likes this.
  8. cwall

cwall Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    I'm not sure. I imagine a rooftop rack with suction cups might be an option.

9. cwall

cwall Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    It looks like they make some trailer hitch mount racks. A hitch sticking out of the rear defuser would certainly be quite a look on an F12.

Rabies likes this.
  10. cwall

cwall Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    Why not?

11. cwall

cwall Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    My use is more for biweekly trips with a passenger. This looks like some impressive packing!

bluesea likes this.
  12. cwall

cwall Karting

Apr 10, 2011
    The roof mount two bike rack looks like it could work. Will need to measure the roof and si if the rack will fit in the central area between the elevated ridges.

Hmm, says the suction cups are good for 210lbs of pull each for a total at the front of 840lbs. I wonder, what would the drag would be pulling at speed with two bikes mounted?

13. dlopez001

dlopez001 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    DL
    I have thought about seasucker too (for various sports cars). One of the questions I had when I called them had to do with the suction cup vacuum strength, and potential damage to thin metal. For instance...is the sheet metal on “normal” cars stronger that the roof metal on Ferraris, Lamborghinis, etc., and if so could the roof panels on exotics crater under the required vacuum.

Also, on my Performante, where the rear deck is painted CF and the engine cover is polycarbonate (vs. glass), Seasucker wouldn’t advise it.

14. Cavallino Nero Rampante

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    ST
  15. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Bolt up a trailer hitch and get a nice hitch rack!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat