Testarossa Price Trends | Page 222 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Is it an 85-86, or an 87-early 88 TR?

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Juan is a great guy. I’ll try to stop by and take pics for the group Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I just talked to Juan today and I was surprised that the car is now sold. He got 79k for it. Very surprised it went that fast off market. Sorry about that. That looked like a good deal too.

blkdiablo33 and Jakuzzi like this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

I won’t go then

Zeff, Parnelli and Jakuzzi like this.
  5. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

The volatility of the market for the TR is amazing right now and trying to establish a valuation is very difficult. Already pricing is well past what the appraised value on my car was established at in 2017. Not even remotely thinking of selling and not thinking of leaving this world, but for estate planning purposes, how can you establish a baseline?

MOSS and blkdiablo33 like this.
  6. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    they have alot more to go over time

7. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    at that price im not hope for the buyer it does not need major work especially the paint condition

8. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Gary, I work in the financial planning industry and we incorporate a lot of estate planning into our thoughts. So maybe I think about these things a bit differently.
    But If the fluctuation in value on one TR is throwing off your “estate plan” , then with all due respect I suggest you look for a different estate planning attorney :)
    I mean at the end of the day were talking about maybe 20 or $30,000 in changes on an asset that is probably held in an estate that is at least seven figures?

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  9. Gary Sandberg

I was being somewhat tongue-in-cheek. The plan myself and my late wife had (not having any chuldren) was to spend every cent we had and the last check bounces. Now, with these fluctuations, how can you guarantee that can happen.

10. Gary Sandberg

For some stupid reason, the emoji didn't come through......;)

11. Natkingcolebasket69

Now I don’t know if u lost ur wife or not!

Gary Sandberg likes this.
  12. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    My first thought is that a call to his insurance provider could be in order for the purposes of bumping up any agreed upon replacement value.

Gary Sandberg and Parnelli like this.
  13. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    I would agree with a JS’s assessment.
    Gary, I love your spirit. If your goal is to spend all of your money before you die, and you don’t have any beneficiaries that financially depend on you, then go for it!
    I’ll even make you a deal, should your demise happen before you get a chance to spend all of your money, I’ll be glad to except whatever your estate has left :)

14. Gary Sandberg

Unfortunately true. Lost her almost two years ago.

15. Gary Sandberg

Parnelli, thank you for your most kind and generous offer. If only I had known. I have set up a number of fully endowed scholarships which will most likely take care of any estate surplus.

JSinNOLA likes this.
  16. Natkingcolebasket69

I’m so sorry to read and hear!

17. Gary Sandberg

Thank you Natkingcolebasket69.

18. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    yea, no need, you'll see sell on it on BaT after a service and detail for $130k

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  19. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Would have been a good idea. Smart!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  20. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    I mean from the guy who just bought it for $79k, I'm sure he will service and detail it and sell it on BaT and make a quick $30k+

21. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yeah I get it. I posted it here as soon as I knew about it. I never thought it would sell that fast. He wasn’t even actively selling it. I saw the car at his shop and asked him about it and he said yeah I’m selling that car for a customer. I said how much and he responded around 75k.

ChipG likes this.
  22. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    This does bring up an interesting point that I have long forgotten. As a kid my first car was a Porsche 914-4. I would regularly go to my mechanics shop to complete the routine maintenance. But I found myself visiting his shop regularly just to see what cool cars he was working on. It was during all of these interactions that I was always well aware of any of these cool cars that were up for sale. The customer wanted a new toy and was willing to sell his current car for a good deal just to make a quick sale. He had many cars that I wanted, three fully restored 914-6s, restored older 911s. All that passed my way during these visits. I always had first crack at them as I had good in person communication with him. These cars were always sold quick and off market. Usually by the time of my next visit the cars would be gone. The disappointment that I let another one slip away would soon set in. But at 19 I had very little money. My point is, if someone is looking for a Tr don’t forget about your local repair shops as a resource. You may find a good deal, maybe your own barn find. I wish I had remembered this when I first starting looking for my Tr as it would have been helpful. But I suggest you go visit them in person. Put boots on the ground as I did and I think you’ll have great success.

23. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    so I bought my first F 250 GT/E from a repair shop when I have been 20, but it took nearly 1 year until he sold it to me

Grease Donkey and Zeff like this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ferrari market letter.
    For me prices are up 10-20% & I agree with the average price they are seeing but I don’t know how they see them down from last year

25. Supernaut

Supernaut Karting

Dec 3, 2019
    Annapolis MD
    Full Name:
    John Panek
    Write an ENORMOUS last check!