Decat/100CELL/200CELL for F8 | FerrariChat

Decat/100CELL/200CELL for F8

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by bluesunday, Mar 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bluesunday

bluesunday Karting

Oct 10, 2020
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hey,

I am about to pull the trigger on a new exhaust and can't make up my mind on whether to go downpipes, 100CELL HJS or 200CELL.

It's my first Ferrari so I don't have a reference on how it should sound properly. F8 doesn't sound good at all to me stock.

What would you go with for a daily drive? I guess flaps will deal with the loudness aspect. I am mainly concerned about the smell - how bad it gets and when will I smell it? While driving? Or just in traffic? (that's when start stop can help haha - joking)

2. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    200 cell cats, no check engine light. 100 cell -check engine light and you’ll need a tune.

bluesunday likes this.
  3. bluesunday

bluesunday Karting

Oct 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I am going to install Novitec Techtronic anyway after doing the GPF delete, so that will deal with the CEL issues from the cats as well.

4. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    So for the F8 there is a good exhaust solution now to deleted GPF and not throw codes? Did Ferrari rule on the warranty aspect of this yet?

5. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    In the same boat, here is the response I got from Kline:

“For cat section we use HSJ catalyst, the best you can find on the market. 200 cell is a nice volume for not being too obnoxious, but sounds great, subtle f1 sound, DECAT is crazy, really loud, very exotic f1 sound and 100 cell is a happy medium. “

AClark, whatheheck and bluesunday like this.
  6. bluesunday

bluesunday Karting

Oct 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yeah, same here! I am about to put their exhaust too! I think I am gonna go with 100 cell, to not regret staying on the safe side, but again, I am not sure about the smell... sound-wise, I am in the "louder the better" team.

Novitec Techtronic captures error codes and nothing gets stored in memory. I don't know how it works, but both Novitec and my Ferrari dealer did confirmed it's not going to throw any CEL and store them in memory. In case of a regular servicing and small warranty issues, you're good to go with aftermarket exhaust, at least to my local dealer. For bigger issue, you just put the regular exhaust. Since there's no track of it in memory, you're fine.

BulletBike likes this.
  7. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Kline with 100 cell cats:

lamborarijason likes this.
  8. bluesunday

bluesunday Karting

Oct 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Now that I watched a few videos of Novitec Inconel setup on Pista with both 100CELL and De-cat, I started thinking maybe to go without cats at all. Anyone knows that's the sound difference? How much louder, especially on closer flaps? Is there a bit more F1 sound?

9. BulletBike

BulletBike Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 20, 2021
    Austin, TX
    I am in the middle of a similar decision. I was thinking the Fabspeed Supersport x-pipe (no flaps) system with catless downpipes and Novitec techtronic to get rid of CEL. I like LOUD! Its the one thing I cant stand about the F8, sounds weak to me. I havent been able to find any video's of this setup yet but I am sure they will be coming before I get my car.

10. BulletBike

BulletBike Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 20, 2021
    Austin, TX
    I guess the one thing that might sway me here is the need for a tune if I go catless.........someone mentioned that above so I will look into that more. My dealer is actually fine with a tune etc but I am not after a lot more power, just more sound.

11. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Yes, you will need a tune with 100 cell. 200, no tube needed. Sane as idea here as 458.

BulletBike likes this.
  12. bluesunday

bluesunday Karting

Oct 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just changed my order to decat, whatever, go loud or die

@Jason B, AFAIK no tune or ECU modification required, as this is handled by Novitec OBD module to clear CEL.
    I will make sure to post a detailed writeup of this setup when it arrives

Andynyc, buddyg and BulletBike like this.
  13. bluesunday

bluesunday Karting

Oct 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Update: My order is scheduled to be ready 25th of May. The waiting game is now on. Will update this thread when I receive it with some pictures and then, when we being installation.

BulletBike likes this.
  14. BulletBike

BulletBike Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 20, 2021
    Austin, TX
    NICE!!!! Conrats! Please keep us updated, I am looking to do the same thing you are so I will learn from your mods! :)

15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Unless you like the smell of old car with leaky exhaust, get the 200 cell cats.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

jmX and nmcclure like this.
  16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If you are going to daily the car, do not decat. The car will get a lot of unwanted attention from police, it will stink inside and out, and it will drone your head off.

It is for cars that are toys taken out on occassion, not really for drivers.

It gets very loud and smell a lot. That's the long and short of it.

AClark likes this.
  17. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    This. I love the sound, but the smell of no cat or 100 cell smell like I've been mowing all day.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  18. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    still too muffled. isn't there still a proper fix to f8's exhaust? it is such a good car.

19. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    As is being discussed. There's the ability to decat and delete gpf. Add an x-pipe without flap regulation and no boxes and you are 100% straight piped.

BulletBike likes this.
  20. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Maybe you should downgrade to a 458 then.

GT2goneF likes this.
  21. bluesunday

bluesunday Karting

Oct 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Update - my exhaust just entered final stage of the production. Ships in a matter of days.

Will keep you updated. I am going to record a bunch of videos - most of them are going to be in my native language for my YouTube channel, but going to make a special one for forum members too.

Attached Files:

22. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Probably too late, but I ran straight through pipes on my E92 M3 and couldn’t stand the smell. Drove me crazy.

23. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Turbos by nature block the exhaust. No cats and flaps open you are left with the turbines. Same old 458 vs. 488 sound issue.

GT2goneF likes this.
  24. bluesunday

bluesunday Karting

Oct 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hope I'll survive! Had a chance to smell a couple of cars around the block that are running without cats and I guess I am a bit more tolerant - hope that turns out to be true over time

25. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I hear the same thing. 100 cell and straight pipe, have to tune. Not certain if techtronic alone will save you from CEL with either one of these.