812 VS Rumors | Page 230 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    ...which is the last VS, non Hybrid, non turbo, non F1, non DCT, non electronic nannies, non abs, non airbag, non mid engined, Ferrari V12 and where can I buy one? :)

2. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    GTO engineering will build you a beautiful 250 SWB replica.. might be worth taking a look at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avia11, 456-boy and gzachary like this.
  3. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    I think it is the 400i. Sedate IMO. I would prefer its predecessor, the 365 GT4.

4. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Absolutely agreed! We‘ve been over this! @Forza Scuderia my dealer has confirmed that it will be fully naturally aspirated 6.5L No hybrid no turbo.

of2worlds and F140C like this.
  5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
  7. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
  8. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Probably because if someone doesn't want to get spoiled, he just has to ignore the thread until April 23

Nicolas21 and Garretto like this.
  9. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #5734 Lukeylikey, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    None of those are VS cars though. I wonder has there ever been a manual, VS, n/a V12 with no nannies? I looked in the history books and there are cars like the 275 GT/C, which took the standard GTB and changed the body panels and uprated the mechanicals (so sounds like the VS formula) but they were really designed to be raced. Does that count?

Mainly my comment was a tongue-in-cheek poke at this 'last-of' idea. Maybe the only 'last-of' that carries any weight is the last n/a of however many cylinders. But even then it's questionable - just look at the clamour for the Pista. By all reports they sold at least as many as the Speciale with most people suggesting more. The price for a used Pista is above the Speciale despite there being more of them. You could say that is to do with the increased purchase price but that doesn't really matter much when it comes to the used market which is almost completely driven by demand and supply. If someone kept the 812 VS long term perhaps there will be a value bump due to it being 'last of' whatever it might be last of, but that depends on the penchant of buyers in 10 or 20 years' time. Who can predict what the world will have done to their views and preferences by then?

Perhaps what people mean with this 'last of' idea is more of a 'get it while you can' thing? Could be, but I tend to think that people are thinking only two things when they talk about 'last of' though; getting kranky because we have to put up with anything being the 'last of' or wondering how much money they could 'theoretically' make if they were to get their hands on one.

There is a third thing; providing owners a reason to believe their pride and joy will not suffer mortal shame at the hands of its successor. In which case, those on the list are no doubt hoping the 812 VS will be the last n/a V12, last front-engined, last VS, Ferrari. Which of course it will be :) .....

(Please forgive my mildly perverse humour. The only thing 812 VS has to be is 'latest in the line of' brilliant Ferraris that make you so very grateful to be able to drive one, however they achieve it.)

TT6sp, [gTr], Solid State and 4 others like this.
  10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Yes, but it is still fun and interesting to discuss the upcoming car, and it could be done without the picture spoilers.

11. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

Totally understand “tongue-in-cheek,” as so many comments are here and some seem to miss that. :)

Ultimately, I think it comes down to personality types. There is one crowd (which I’m in) which I’ll call the “FOMO Crowd.” (Fear Of Missing Out) They fall in love with a certain feeling/look/sound/experience (etc.) of car and want to preserve that. They are afraid that they’ll only realize the old was better after experiencing the new, but it is too late, everyone figured it out before them and bought up that inventory and prices of older car now are out of reach. Being risk averse they opt to stay with the old since the “devil you know is better than the devil you don’t.” The second crowd is the “Futurist Crowd” which is excited for what is coming: new tech/performance/interfaces/design (etc.). They aren’t as bothered by letting the past experience go, and boldly embrace the new. There is also the “Fortunate Crowd” which can do both, but that really isn’t a personality type, they just love both past and future and have the financial means to not have to decide.

JagShergill and of2worlds like this.
  12. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm in group 3, so does that mean I win anything? Do I have to wear a hat?:D

Lukeylikey likes this.
  13. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Yes, a hat that says, “Goo!”
    :)

14. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    To be honest, it certainly is more complicated than I suggested. I am in Group 3 as well, but lean towards Group 1 because of the “reasons” for the new technology.
    Speaking only of exotic car market future I don’t see a future being driven (see what I did there :)) by technological virtuosity; engineers ever increasing their prowess thru the process of seeking better solutions, seeking perfection. In that scenario the future is almost assuredly better than the past. Perhaps with the loss of some cherished “nuggets” along the way. Instead what I see driving the future is government officials directing development through regulations: reduced noise, reduced emissions, arbitrary reduced petrol consumption guidelines. The engineers are being forced to respond to that, and future solutions are not likely to necessarily be “better” than the era in which the engineers might have had different priorities. That is why I am in Group 1.

Keep in mind I am only referring to exotic car market. The use of Ferrari V12 has zero impact on the future of the world’s climate. Or so close to zero that only a quantum physicist would disagree.

Bundy, Tomw384, JagShergill and 2 others like this.
  15. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    #5740 dcmetro, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    Completely agreed with the analysis. The interesting thing is that we are in a very particular moment of the automotive industry. The moment technical innovations and progress is corrupted by politics and greenwashing. Without that, I would belong to the second category, because new technologies in science of materials for example , would have allowed Ferrari to produce a street car weighing less than 1000 kg with 1000 naturally aspirated horsepower. Hybrid, turbos, are thing that ferrari will never naturally do

So since there is no more pure performance progress, only political compliance, you cannot belong to the second category starting the present years IMO. If one is , he's just a techno fan, a car is nothing than computer on wheels for him , and he's interested in technology, not in pure automotive thrill.

Until know, I was from the second category. But i'm shifting to the first one

16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Sweet:cool:

17. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    ... whistle while you work.

Bundy and JTSE30 like this.
  18. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Thanks for the info, can't literally wait to know the official specs of Ferrari's next masterpiece.

Doug23, Jonathan19, of2worlds and 2 others like this.
  19. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    My guess at the Vs...
    I attach my render of how it would look ...
    -860 horses ....
    -NA and Non-hybrid
    -Centrally designed in house as part of a natural evolution program (by Mother Nature )
    -Large aggressive rear and chiseled front
    -Massive emissions - predominantly methane
    - race DNA
    -poor rear visibility -great front and side visibility -
    - rides on latest rubber ( metal shoes actually )
    -all controls easy to hand
    - No electronic driver aids
    - no seatbelt
    - no GP
    - no stop/start !! Yaay!!
    /

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

....a bunch of mustangs?
    :D

Jelial likes this.
  21. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    They could be donkeys for all I know ....

JackCongo and CottonCandy like this.
  22. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    860 donkeys does not sound as compelling...

stavura, italiafan and JagShergill like this.
  23. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

dcmetro likes this.
  24. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Seems that one thread about an upcoming release is plenty and it would be weird to have a “non spoiler” thread. The glimpse here and there of mules, the talented drawings based in rumors and speculations, the obscure references by those in the know and the overall fun of the thread is the blend of all of these. All these elements make the discussion fun. Another thread which excludes any pics or extrapolation from hints seems silly to me. We won’t know until we know.

If someone is afraid the actual day will be spoiled with prior hints, they should refrain from reading any of this. Nobody makes them.

Just my thoughts. :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

25. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    I can believe 4/21 right after the GP weekend at Autodromo Enzo e Dino at Imola on 4/18. The SF21 will be there for all of Italy to see. Even though it did launch on March 10th. So perhaps some time separation from the race. Imola is only 80-90 km from the factory I believe.

I was hoping for the VS to launch several days before the GP race. Why do I feel like a kid asking my parents "Are we there yet?" :)