355 HVAC Vent Direction | Page 3 | FerrariChat

355 HVAC Vent Direction

Discussion in '348/355' started by PeteyP, Dec 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    Read the the full thread. Yep me works fine

Shurik355 likes this.
  2. Shurik355

Shurik355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2013
    USA Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Alex Velet
    How do you reset the ECU? you are talking about the A/C ECU correct? The ECU where people change chips in?

3. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    Correct. Turn main battery isolator off wait 5 mins. Turn back on. That's it. If it doesn't function then you have a possible HVAC ECU chip problem

4. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    I have been in contact with him and it sounds like he will be making more of them sometime next month.

Qavion likes this.
  5. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    Update: So I was able to get a new gear from Takeya (Thanks Takeya!!) and installed it in the HVAC actuator. However after doing several ECU resets, the only thing I could do was get it to rotate 180 degrees and stop in the defrost position. I tried several ways to do the resets including leaving battery off overnight and trying just 5 minutes. Sometimes it would not reset either. So I figured I was into a ECU chip problem...Then yesterday I decide to take the car for its first run of 21 and guess what? Working fine. I know I read on one of the many threads that driving the car will make the HVAC start working normally but I'm not buying it. I can't see where the HVAC ECU will need to know vehicle speed as an input and not reset without it. I will keep an eye on it and repost if there are any developments, but I am still suspecting a chip problem.

steved033 likes this.
  6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Was the outside air temperature less than 59F?

7. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    I bet not, it was probably between 50-55 degrees F. Is the ECU programmed to go to defrost below 59? If so, that is the dumbest program I've ever heard of. Every other car out there allows the operator to select modes without being locked out.

8. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    It’s not clear from the Workshop Manual if you can override the direction controls during the warmup cycle. Someone found they couldn’t, but as you say, it’s hard to believe.
    I haven’t tried it personally, but it’s winter here now, so I may get the opportunity when I sort out my immobiliser issue.

9. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    Winter?? I thought Vermont was bad with long winters! I'm thinking your "winters" might be a little different than ours in New England. ;) Anyway, I will keep an eye on the function and see if it changes this fall when we will see ambient temps fall into the 50's. Strange.

10. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Not sure if you’re joking or not, but yes, our winters are much different from yours. Our skiing season is just beginning.

11. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    Yes, I'm just kidding. It's just funny to be talking about winter after just going through about 7 months of crappy weather here! Anyway, tried the HVAC again yesterday and it appears to be working normally. So when they wrote in the WSM that functions are delayed until the ambient gets higher than 59 degrees, I guess that could mean you are stuck on defrost too.

Qavion likes this.
  12. peter377

peter377 Rookie

Nov 27, 2021
    Full Name:
    Peter N
    Hi All, I think the actuator gear in my 1995 f355 Berlinetta is also my problem. The symptom is "clicking" while the air transfers between footwell, full face and windscreen vents. The air flow does actually change when I switch between vents but the clicking which accompanies the transfer started just recently and definitely indicates some kind of cog is slipping. Takeya, or anyone else, if you could please advise where I can pick up one of these gears and if possible advise where the actuator is located and how to access it. Behind Passenger glove compartment I think. My vehicle is LHD. My email is: [email protected]
    Many Thanks in advance for your help.

13. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    It may be best to PM/DM the FChatters directly, Peter. I don't think everyone would read every message daily. Also, Takeya no longer seem to have an account here.

I'll PM you with Takeya's email address.

preachhames likes this.