For Sale - 1991 Ferrari Testarossa - 2020 Cavallino Platinum Award | FerrariChat

For Sale 1991 Ferrari Testarossa - 2020 Cavallino Platinum Award

Discussion in 'Cars' started by GLENN@TEAM AI, Mar 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    This 1991 TR, ZFFSG17A3M0086436, has 18,700 miles and has had over 20k spent getting it to show quality, as evidenced by it's recent Platino at Cavallino. Of course the car has no rust and comes with a clean CARFAX, a set of books, tools, and jack kit. The car has a Tubi exhaust and new tires and doesn't have any of the typical TR issues, ie the fuse box is good, both mouse seat belts work, the dash is good and no melted pre-cats. Belts were last done in 2016 by Exotic Motors South. For further questions feel free to call Glenn Butler at 704-962-9683
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ken West, megamarco9, djs308 and 5 others like this.
  2. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Sorry forgot the most important detail --- price is 129,900 obo

PTwelve likes this.
  3. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Looks wonderful, best of luck with the sale.

4. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    beautiful example put it on bat

simchanova likes this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

#5 Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 22, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    Stunning!
    Tools available I imagine? What service records do you have for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Wrd123

Wrd123 Rookie

Jun 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    William Dart
    Hi Glenn, I'm assuming everything works on the car, including AC blow cold? Does the car have an upgraded fuse box or just no known issues with the original one? How are the brakes? I recently drove a 1987 and the brakes felt soft and didn't feel like they engaged much until the very end, but it was my first time driving a TR of any kind so not sure if they're all like that due to the weight of the car. Thanks

7. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Yes, everything works and AC blows very cold. We installed a new dryer, flushed the system and recharged it and that made all the difference in the world. The fuse box is the original, and has no issues - all the connections look good and with no "brownish" color indicating overheating. The brakes work great but squeal a little once warm. This should go away with some anti squeal spray applied to the backside of the pads.

8. Wrd123

Wrd123 Rookie

Jun 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    William Dart
    Thanks Glenn. What was it recharged with, r12 or 134a?

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Hey glen what service history do u have for it? How far back ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    R134 is refrigerant. Not a lot of service records prior to current owners purchase a year and a half ago. It was purchased from a fellow F-chatter and who told us he had records, but unfortunately he never was able to locate them. Previous owner purchased the car from Exotic Motors South who did a major service in 2016. We do not have records for that service but were able to decode the markings on the existing belts to determine that their date of manufacture lined up with a 2016 major service. Nevertheless, based upon time it is coming due.

11. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Price is being bumped up to 139,900 obo due to owner getting a major service completed on the car as we speak!

12. megamarco9

megamarco9 Karting

Dec 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marco
    is replacing manifold gaskets part of the major on a TR, I researched items replaced during major, but didn't see anything on this item? Is major being performed by... dealer/independent? Beautiful car.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  13. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    No, replacing intake manifold gaskets is not part of a major service on a TR. the major is being performed by an independent.

14. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Will I jumped the gun a little when I said previous owner is getting major done "as we speak". Major is not being done right now, so price is back to 129k obo. Of course, we could negotiate something either way, ie with major 139k obo or without 129k obo.

15. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Hello,

Both pictures 6 and 7 show a "gap" in the center console, ahead of the shift gate and along the coin holder.

Is that just an interior piece out of alinement?

Beautiful example, BTW.

Joe

16. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    Looks like someone didn’t take their time putting the tunnel or centre console back after removal, no big deal to fiddle with. I had mine apart to deal with the clock.

17. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Car has SOLD!