430 - Barrett Jackson F430 Sales | FerrariChat

430 Barrett Jackson F430 Sales

Discussion in '360/430' started by DOWORKFCAR, Mar 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DOWORKFCAR

DOWORKFCAR Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2016
    A few F430s brought some crazy strong numbers on Barrett Jackson last night! I understand that their auctions can be a bit crazy but it’s nice to see these strong numbers. Didn’t really think Barrett Jackson was the best place to auction euro exotics but I’m pleased with the results.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    something is off with the 172k...

3. DOWORKFCAR

Oct 15, 2016
    too many drinks? Lol

armedferret likes this.
  4. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    A lot of B-J sale prices are the result of just that. They dont have a bar available for nothin. ;)

5. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    ....manual 6 speed.

6. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Its an f1

Moopz likes this.
  7. DOWORKFCAR

Oct 15, 2016
    Another F1 red Spyder just sold for $195K with B-J fees. Wow. 10k miles, nice spec, but wow.

8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  9. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Wonder if people are going to start paying money to convert their 6-speed cars back to F1 now.. :)

one4torque, jag-oo-r, NMNMNMN and 5 others like this.
  10. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    I stand corrected. Read the "manual 6 speed" too quickly, without seeing the F1 preceding those words. Maybe the high bidder made the same mistake. Otherwise, there's no explanation for that selling price.

11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Only plausible explanation (outside of alcohol and showing off) is if the market was pricing the conversions on par with factory sticks, and to date we have not see that. The conversions have traded about 30 percent less. Either this auction was a fluke or f1s are being given a premium as they are conversion purchases.

12. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Here is another explanation...

First the buyer at B-J is different than the average buyer. Their pockets are deeper and they will pay a premium to get a good example of what they want, which does tend to distort the market but that is generally when the second reason comes in to play.

Second is that these cars are 12 to 16 years old... This is when they might be leveling out and starting to appreciate in value, not all to B-J prices but this might be the beginning of the creep up with the B-J guys at the bleeding edge of the high side. BTW: This is how much of the non-car collectible market works, never researched the car market because I don't plan on making money with my car, but it makes sense it may follow the same path once a "trigger" for an item happens (nostalgia, rarity due to attrition, connection to a brand or specific person)

NMNMNMN, Ray Smith and mathewr like this.
  13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    but we shld/wld have seen some move in the 360 f1 market and we haven't. also scuds shld have moved first and they havent

BruceC and armedferret like this.
  14. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Good, there's still a chance I'll get more for mine than what I paid for it back in 2016.

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Only way to know if this is real is if the wholesalers start paying up for them

armedferret and VAF84 like this.
  16. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    just did a quick search in the B-J website. The only scud they sold was a manual conversion, so it may be we haven’t seen what a normal Scud would sell for there.

Ray Smith likes this.
  17. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I've only closely followed/investigated their CS sales, but based on that small sample and a bunch of third-hand stories in general, its not where a smart buyer goes to "pay a premium to get a good example" in my experience and imho. I think the reasons B-J prices can be of the "wtf" or "woah" variety is for the usual reasons cited (I won't repeat them here)...

rossodino likes this.
  18. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

jag-oo-r likes this.
  19. Cgk360

Cgk360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This. Comedian Kevin Hart paid over $800K for a resto-modded corvette. Insane price. He and his buddies were high giving when he won the bid. Maybe with the provenance of him owing it it will retain value but it's hard to believe that value will stick. What am I missing?