FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX 2021: RACE ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄ | Page 16 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX 2021: RACE ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Mar 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    True. MV played by the rules.... but LLH44 did not, and nothing happened to him..... AGAIN.... same scenario when it comes to LLH44. :(

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  2. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Clearly track limits being observed by someone not blessed with sight,

Verstappen had gone too far past the kerb on the outside of the corner, which the FIA was policing as the track limit.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  3. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010

ricksb, jpalmito and Jakuzzi like this.
  4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    So Horner just s—t up !

ricksb likes this.
  5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Another great win for Pirro, how Toto must miss him when he's not there...but he can always count on Gary Connely...

crinoid likes this.
  6. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    F1 is sick, corrupt and should have been aborted a long time ago.
    Nothing to do with sport.

7. piolaxo

piolaxo Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2012
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Salvador
    For me, the agraviation is that LH kept going off (how many in total?) and that could have helped saving the tires that helped fend off Max in the end
    instead of having to get new rubber. So a bit cheeky to get away with that and irony for Max to get bitten later on. Yes, it was a pass and you cannot
    get an advantage, but by then the number of pitstops had been decided.

8. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    And Hammy failed 29 times to make turn 4 on the track

tazz99, Jakuzzi and crinoid like this.
  9. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    To make matters worse from my understanding, the car is basically unchanged from last year & Haas will not likely attempt to make it any better this season. Mick & Mazepin are likely just glad to be in the sport since they're rookies, but that's rough that they'll have to just make due with the car as is.

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    DF1, Nicolas21 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  11. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    stavura, furoni and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  12. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    How LH and MV saw the track limit situation. I reality they were both exceeding the limit when told they could. Then they were both confused when they wer told they couldn't. Prior to the time of the incident, the FIA message had been relayed to both of them by their teams that they could not exceed the limits - regardless of what their previous understanding had been.

From Formula1.com:

Q: (Scott Mitchell – The Race) Question to Lewis and Max: just on what happened at Turn 4. We’ve heard a couple of people – Christian Horner was just telling us that one of the frustrations was that the track limit was inconsistent – so it’s not necessarily an issue that Max, you have to give up the place again because those are the rules, but there were different rules at different stages. How did you view the track limits situation at Turn 4?

MV: Well, throughout the race I was told that people were going wide so they told me to do the same because you do gain lap time doing it, so I did, and then at one point they told me not to do it any more. I don’t know. In qualifying it was not allowed, your lap time got deleted and so I don’t know how it got to the point where people were doing it without getting warnings but at the end of the day, when I was fighting Lewis, I went outside of the track limits, so I think quite quickly the race director was onto us to tell me to give the position back to him and that’s exactly what I did.

LH: Yeah, I think it’s a difficult one. It was very confusing. Most tracks we’re not allowed to put four wheels outside the white line but this weekend on that particular corner we weren’t allowed to on Friday. In actual fact you could go two wheels outside the line but you can’t go past the blue and white kerb, but in the race you can, and that is what had been written so going into the race then you can…But it’s quite a different corner when you have to do one or the other in terms of approach, and it is faster when you can go out, but then whatever is the boundary when you are overtaking? You’re not allowed to overtake off track but halfway through the race, they basically changed their minds and all of a sudden you’re not allowed to go outside that white line, which is fine for me. It’s actually… I think it’s faster in the end for me, it helped me look after my tyres actually, so I’m grateful for the call and ultimately it meant that Max wasn’t able to overtake off track.

13. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Brakes are safety issue. Spins at the wrong time endanger others of course. Hope this is sorted soon. Both rookie drivers deserve better.

14. DF1

Good to see those post race Binotto happy moments lol :)

15. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I think Haas needs to change its name to WTF.

Its what people say most when they race.

DF1 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  16. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    LMAO & ROTF!!!

Ryan S. likes this.
  17. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    It
    So now MV has now finally decided to become a "clean racer?"

18. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Probably that Max surrendered his temporary lead to avoid the humiliation of having it taken away from him by the stewards after the race !

There were radio communications between race control and his team to that effect.

19. ferrariforevervp

Sep 22, 2006
    Indeed! A big strategic mistake from Red Bull

When Hamilton went for the undercut at his first pitstop, he was 1.8 sec away from Verstappen. Red Bull should have pit Verstappen 1 lap after Hamilton, then come out as first and maintain track position.

Track position has always been the key. The tire degradation difference (11 laps on hard) between Hamilton and Verstappen at the final laps was not big enough to enable Verstappen to overtake Hamilton. They should have known that!

It was a race for Red Bull to lose.

20. doug_porsche

doug_porsche Karting

Dec 6, 2009
    Trying 2 find myself
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Martin Brundle’s quote:

There’s absolutely no point in flying off the road when you’re in the slowest car on the grid.

zygomatic and fer312t like this.
  21. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    What a race! Griping stuff. My 6 year old has just become a Max fan, and is inconsolable tonight... poor lad. His time will come.

Great to see that RB have the fastest car at the moment. I hope they can continue to develop their car, and based on previous seasons, I would expect that they can. This is going to be an epic battle between RB and Merc.

Poor max must be gutted. He should have won that race, but you can clearly see that he missed the T4 lines because he over steered and had to apply opposite lock causing him to drift too wide. Shame. By the end of the race, he had got his tyres back, and if the race was one lap longer he would have had another chance to overtake. Better luck next time.

Hamilton yet again delivered a master class. He is making a habit of holding onto a lead with dead tires. He had no right to win today, but somehow pulled it off. Congrats. Merc will need to points because RB are coming for them...

Good to see Ferrari making a big step. Nostalgic to see Ferrari and McLaren fighting each other for position. Shame it’s not yet for the lead, but I live in hope that 2022 will be better now that both teams have sorted out their PU issues.

Nice debuts for most of the newbies today. Perez, sainz, yuki, Alonso - all did well today.

Maze-spin has taken over the mantel of worst muppet driver on the grid in one race. Truly terrible. Spins twice in quali. Spins on T3 of lap 1 in the race. Pathetic.

Its going to be long 3 weeks till the next race!

22. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    stavura, zygomatic and 375+ like this.
  23. DF1

Superb post. Great day for F1 fans!

24. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Or Who Gives a F?

jgonzalesm6 and TheMayor like this.
  25. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    you know ill be betting next race again for his retirement to be firs.