What to do with chromed 328 wheels | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What to do with chromed 328 wheels

Discussion in '308/328' started by Dave Bertrand, Mar 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Milkshaker0007

Milkshaker0007 Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2012
    Midlands,uk
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I'm currently testing the water about having my four wheels re-done as looking a bit naff in places, so as i have a full size spare wheel, i thought I've got nothing to loose should pick it up next week for £45 English money, if it comes back looking good I'll have the others done. fingers crossed, after all its only the spare and you never see it up side down in the front compartment :)

2. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Good idea to use the spare as the beta test.

3. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    I would paint them myself if I wanted the stock look. BUT...I have to admit that your chrome wheels don't look that bad to me. Like others have said, take your time with the decision.

Two part paints, like Imron, are very durable and you wouldn't have to worry about them for many years, if ever. HOWEVER, if you decide to use Imron or similar paints, they are rather toxic and you need to be careful with them/follow the appropriate directions/cautions. I shot motorcycle tanks with it MANY years ago that still look brand new.

4. 48969

48969 Karting

Jun 27, 2020
    Chicago, Illinois
    Full Name:
    J. Michael Collins
    Having a similar problem in that I have chromed wheels that are starting to flake. I found a local plating company that will reverse the process and remove the chrome, leaving the original aluminum for around $100 per wheel. At that point I'll paint them the factory color. I'll post before and after photos when I get them back.

5. Milkshaker0007

Milkshaker0007 Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2012
    Midlands,uk
    Full Name:
    Paul
    well my spare came back perfect and the best part was just £40 all in.
    that's remove my tyre, blast, prime, powder coat, refit tyre and balance my wheel with new weights added. very pleased.
    i used a local company to me "project powder coating" in Dudley, UK DY5 3JZ

when my Mom saw the result
    she sent her old Saab convertible car down there, they have just come back today making the car look new again.
    I've earnt extra brownie points :)

i'll send my main wheels down to them soon