360 - Source for OEM Clamps | FerrariChat

360 Source for OEM Clamps

Discussion in '360/430' started by Neil22, Oct 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Neil22

Neil22 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2018
    Oxford CT
    Full Name:
    Neil Silberkleit
    Not sure if anyone has tracked down the OEM style clamps used on 430 / 360's. They are made by a Oetiker and can be purchased in the US from a company in Boston. I started searching since none the Ferrari suppliers seemed to carry them anymore. Belmetric has all the sizes at a very reasonable price. I have included pictures of the clamps purchased for the intake plenum. They are exactly the same as the factory clamps.

if you are interested the company name is BelMetric Automotive and Hardware Specialty Supplies
    https://www.belmetric.com
    search for Oetiker - all the clamps and tools will display.

I ordered the parts and they arrived within a few days.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. JonM

JonM Karting

Oct 31, 2017
    South Gippsland, Victoria, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jon Maratos
  3. fotostars

fotostars Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Bay Area
    Awesome. Was actually looking for some and ended-up reusing the originals but not thrilled...

So the 10mm are for intake plenum and MAF? What are the 7mm for?

360 or 430?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    The 7mm wide bands are used for intake tubes, such as the ones used to connect the MAFS between the throttle bodies and the air boxes.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

5. Neil22

Neil22 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2018
    Oxford CT
    Full Name:
    Neil Silberkleit
    The clamps pictured are replacement for the intake plenum - on a 360 there are 2 different sizes
    Clamp on the for the intake is 95 mm the MAF clamp is a 90.5.

If you look at the picture from Belmetric I purchased a CV95.4 which matches the 95mm factory clamp.
    The CV92 for the 90.5 clamp the clamp has a range of 83-92mm 90 is right in the center.
    They are the same size thickness as the orginals with an adjustment of 7 mm.

Ricambi will not be caring the clamps any more and most of the other suppliers can't get them from Ferrari so they are very scares.
    I contacted the manufacture and got the name of the company who sells these clamps -

when you scroll through the site you will see all different sizes. Prices for the big clamps is under $2.00 per clamp.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Need4Spd likes this.
  6. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    Mcmaster has them as well. There range is a different 85.9 -89mm but a 10 pack is $5

7. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    thanks to Neil, the OP. Found this thread and ordered new clamps! About to replace my MAFs and see if it resolves my rough cold idle and a CEL light.

8. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Absolutely hate those clamps.

9. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I've used these clamps for years on anything that critically needs to be clamped tight. They work better than any other clamp I've tried and far better than the screw type hose clamps. The drawback is the single use thing but generally, that's not a problem.

A kit with small sizes and a crimper run less than $50 (with a good crimper).

10. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    The single use thing is the problem. Plus you cannot un-clamp it, you have to cut it off, which in a motor application is normally undesirable because of all the bits flying around. Yes, I get that it's the factory look. It still does not have to be right.

Mor likes this.
  11. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    I rarely if ever have to cut them. Typically, the little tang that holds them together can bent back, then with a screwdriver, pries up the end and it releases without fanfare. The one piece clamps (usually small) have to be cut but if you have a good crimper, that's pretty easy too.

12. Jb-Slow

Jb-Slow Karting

May 11, 2020
    Those clamps are still available, I just got a few from Scuderia Car Parts yesterday. The pliers are $10 on amazon, I'm into the whole thing about $15.

13. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I pull out my dremmel tool with a cutting wheel set at speed 5. Zip it off in 5 seconds. Replace with a worm type clamp.

AandSC likes this.