Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I don't have any hate toward Hamilton. I have much hate for Vettel.
    Why?

Because even in a car that is cheating, he can't win. The guy is a clown and has lost his mojo. Did Ferrari treat him badly? Yes - cuz VET is stinky garbage.

2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Truth. I don't look at things he says or does off track. I have a political theater for that.

I just care about the track, and the results speak for themselves.

william likes this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Well he certainly has lost his ways. Time to retire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulchua likes this.
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    A lewis (british) championship in his first year with a British team, would've been an enormous money maker for Ron & co. The moment he saw he had pace good enough all support went to Lewis side of the garage. Alonso without support to score the amounts of points he did speaks more about Alonso than Lewis.

stavura, Hawkeye, SimCity3 and 2 others like this.
  5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Just leaving this here:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I think the 29 times that Lewis left the track can be argued it was made without justifiable reason, unless we count ''cutting the track and reducing tyre wear'' as justifiable reason.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/gary-andersons-verdict-on-bahrain-f1-stars-and-controversies/

I echo his statements.

stavura, kes7u, Hawkeye and 4 others like this.
  6. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    Well, here is another to look at it. It also kind of shows that Valeteri isn't in the same league as Lewis (same car, same Mercedez, etc). Also, given last year's drive from George Russel, he on the other hand... may have had 7 titles as well had he been at Merc as long as Hamilton. Hamilton deserves praise for good team selection. That's an instinct hard to find. Alonso is a better driver but not as good at certain business decisions (team selection). F1 is in no way a pure driver formula; it's always been about equipment. The drivers who wring out a car that's 90% as good as the best and wins races/championships is the best driver. Hamilton is great, but he isn't that driver IMHO.

stavura, SimCity3 and Bas like this.
  7. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Completely agree.

I have it on good authority that Lewis was so confident of getting the WDC with Team Hamilton that he had a little private side bet with Uncle Ron.

Bas likes this.
  8. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

+1

Rosberg is also a WDC with Mercedes.
    Very good driver but George Russell was far more impressive in an ill-fitting Mercedes for his maiden voyage.

Bottas usually falls asleep but can still P2 in the WDC :D

Bas likes this.
  9. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I think its clear that Mercedes is not the same car like last year. so a comparison between Russel and Hamilton is pretty worthless. Bottas is clearly struggling but still finished a distant 3rd, but he was there as well.

Alonso? way past prime, and was a benefit of a team that was far better than him. Every team he's been in, has gone down, and in the end he's decimated that team... he's a toxic driver / personality. I don't see the amazing driver that he's supposed to be. My prediction is Alpine will last this year and be out next year because Alonso will start to turn sentiment against them, and Renault will not be able to stand it. ( hope I'm wrong, but don't think so.)

Hamilton is clearly a good driver, he's able to stand the pressure, and think on his feet. you don't get to be world champion by luck - 7 times. His personality / off track life is not something I'd want, but he is doing what he likes and as far as I can see, he's been very open and gracious about it. I don't really hear Hamilton slagging off others... so perhaps the packaging is not to everyone's taste, but I think the substance is real. I met him on the day he won his 6th championship and said "congratulations" to him as he was signing a hat, and he turned and said, thank you very much. - when he did not have to do anything. Personally, I think its how you act when nobody is looking that sets the measure of the man.

635CSI, jgonzalesm6, Bas and 2 others like this.
  10. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Most idiots deserve respect, not this one.

Flavio_C and Bas like this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Guys- u all out it line. Talk racing not outside racing thank u. Other threads for that

Boomhauer and william like this.
  12. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    You mean the legacy of 29 x not respecting track limits and getting away with it?
    You're right, that's quite an achievement.
    He doesn't get my respect, if that's what it was about.

The legacy is more appropriate at the address of the FIA-mob.

Bas likes this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

Get out of this post and stay a couch fan.

14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Cant criticize Hamilton unless you are racist apparently.

stavura, kes7u, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  15. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Is that an order?

16. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I'm starting to like Will Buxton more and more. He is knowledgeable about the sport, it was just that he often tried to squeeze too much discussion into the tiny windows of airtime he was being given and it resulted in him talking so fast it became an incomprehensible wall of run-on sentences, usually culminating in a sudden cessation and a stunned silence. His written articles and observations are very good and his calm interviews in Netflix's Drive To Survive series have been very good. I guess now he's more seasoned commenting in F1, he's calmed down a bit more - I can actually understand and appreciate what he's saying.

All the best,
    Andrew.

Picchu88 likes this.
  17. Natkingcolebasket69

Nah I don’t like Hamilton at all. It’s not what it is all
    About. His last race was a masterclass and he baited Max who lost the race being impatient.
    Do I find Lewis to be fake and phony? Yeah. Is he the goat ? Nope not to me... but as a former pro athlete I learnt how to appreciate talent when I see it.

ricksb and jpalmito like this.
  18. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Was not referring to you but about other people here who made that clear.

I agree with your pov on Hamilton. He is def a great driver. Better than Vettel for sure and maybe Alonso.
    But his off track virtue signaling BS is disgusting to me.

Bas, Picchu88 and jpalmito like this.
  19. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    No the problem is using the word idiot where the word eccentric is very much more appropriate.

Boomhauer likes this.
  20. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I'll meet you half way. Instead of idiot, i ll settle for hypocrite.

jpalmito and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  21. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I'm not sure if Hamilton deserves more or less respect. It is near impossible to change peoples opinions once they have formed them. His record speaks for itself and his drive this past weekend again re-enforced his ability. Anyone who can't see it should point to someone who is and has consistently operated at a higher level and judge them on equal terms to the way they judge Hamilton.

One of the issues with motor racing is that there are so many outside factors that it makes it easy to point to a myriad of reasons why a particular performance is 'not that special' and why every other person on the grid was faced with some issue that hampered their result. Fact is that Hamilton has won races in every year he has competed, holds countless records, and continues to perform at a winning level.

People can believe what they want, the scorecard has spoken.

BTW. I'm not even a Hamilton fan but I can't ignore reality.

22. 355TDI

355TDI Karting

Feb 1, 2019
    London
    Full Name:
    Immat Wings
    Apparently standing up for human rights and equality makes you an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Terra likes this.
  23. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    This thread is becoming a good place for Ham haters to share their sorrow

24. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yes. Yes that is exactly the point of that video and thread. Well done.

25. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    That crossed my mind, and you could be right.

Alonso, with his many years of F1, will start dictating to the new Alpine management that has absolutely no experience in the series.

That's the way he has been operating in several teams he has been though; influencing the management to shape the team to his liking.