458 - 458 Bovee Bluetooth | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 458 Bovee Bluetooth

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by JB1997, Jan 26, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pnd4pnd

pnd4pnd Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2021
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric Thune
    convinced me - just ordered.

2. PCJR

PCJR Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2007
    PA
    the one thing I’ve really noticed is that the tuner sounds horrible even after upgrading the speakers/amp and added a subwoofer.
    How does this Bluetooth part sound by comparison to the tuner?

3. Mikes90ef8

Mikes90ef8 Karting

Oct 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    MM
    i havent tried it yet in the 458 ( i tried it on a lexus at work) but i’ll send an update when i do.

4. F485

F485 Karting

Oct 23, 2017
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Full Name:
    Fahad F458
    i have bovee. it works great but everytime i change to radio and i back to blutooth i have to reconnect it again through phone blutooth

5. cavsct94

cavsct94 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You will often need to disconnect and reconnect in your bluetooth settings on your phone at the beginning of a trip, even if it shows connected. I'm not terribly bothered by that 15 seconds. It also sometimes doesn't show artist, song, etc., on the LCD. Also not bothered.

F485 likes this.
  6. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    I got one of these to test out on Friday and for the price it works really well. Finding an unused FM frequency was the most difficult part since I never listen to the radio. Sound quality is decent. I tested having it stream songs off my phone via bluetooth. The problem I had with the Bovee was that I always needed to pull my phone and out turn off/on bluetooth. With this device I still have to pull my phone out and manually hit play on the music. My phone pairs without issue each time (unlike the three Bovees I tried), but having to pull my phone each time I start the car is not ideal. Two of my other cars I stream music to and the songs start automatically when I turn the car on. I'm sticking with the hard drive and a 1st generation iPod nano for now, but this will work great in one of my older cars that only has an auxiliary input for music so I have to start the music each time I'm in it anyway.

One thing to note, when you start the car it pairs with your phone so you get silence until you start the music. When you turn the car off the radio is still on, but it unpairs from the phone so you get the static of being tuned to an unused channel.

Thanks,

Rob

7. F485

F485 Karting

Oct 23, 2017
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Full Name:
    Fahad F458
    yeah i agree it took me forever to reconnect again and again. am thinking to get the blutooth radio

8. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    ok i just got the deal that plugs into your cigarette lighter. total game changer! thanks for the tip axisofevil!

axlesofevil likes this.
  9. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    only downside is you can't light up a cig while driving your 458! jk smoking is bad

10. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Smoking is bad. You shouldn't smoke. :p

Also is it actually a cigarette lighter or is it just a 12V power plug?

11. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    hahaha good point. i guess its just a 12v power plug

12. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Is there a clean adaptor for multiple cigarette adaptors? I already have a radar detector in mine but also want to add the FM tuner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Ordered a Bovee and couldn’t get it to work. Can’t select iPod on the right. The whole infotainment system is bonkers in the 458. Just bought a $14 FM radio Bluetooth device and it works flawlessly and sound quality is outstanding with no discernible loss in quality.

14. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    For the record... you guys are awesome. This is why I hang around. I pick up so much info on these cars. I too was blown away by the spare 458 lol!!!!

15. daflk

daflk Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2013
    Hong Kong
    U have to keep disconnecting on your phones interface with the bovvee and once iPOD appears on your dash use your right infotainment button to scroll to iPod keep doing it eventually it will stick. U have to do this every startup

16. Robert Collins

Robert Collins Karting

May 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Robert S. Collins III
    LOLOL!!! I believe you!

17. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
  18. adamellisdj

adamellisdj Karting

Dec 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Adam Ellis

I have just ordered this. Can you explain the exact process for pairing it and how you get it to work every time you get in the car?

I have seen multiple different ways that people do it, and would like to know your way?

19. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Simple. In my car for some reason it just works but most people have to just make sure Bluetooth is off on your phone first and then, after you start the car, then turn Bluetooth on , on whatever phone you have, and then it will connect every time. Maybe I am just getting lucky and don’t have to do that part.

20. adamellisdj

adamellisdj Karting

Dec 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Adam Ellis
    I read you need to connect it to the Ferrari and then the I pod or something. God knows. Sounds confusing lol

21. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Just follow my instructions above and it’s very easy.

22. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    If your 458 has the IPOD option (which not all do) you just connect the Bovee to the 30 pin iPod connector in the glove compartment. Pair your phone with the Bovee and set the infotainment for iPod. Look at Jason's above picture for the connectivity.

Unfortunately most people do not have the same experience. I always had to re-pair my bluetooth connection with the Bovee or unplug/re-plug the Bovee in the glove compartment, but found several solutions that worked for me (hard drive, 2005 iPod, FM transmitter). The Bovee worked great in other cars I tried it in.

Best of luck,

Rob

Rexcat458 and Jason B like this.
  23. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I got fed up with the inconsistency of the Bovee and replaced it with the Invery 100. What a difference. It’s syncs automatically everytime I get in the car and shows the playlist on the screen. The difference is night and day.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Rexcat458 and todd cloud like this.
  24. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
  25. SoFLFerrari

SoFLFerrari Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    South FL