The Cali T is officially a REAL Ferrari funny story ! | FerrariChat

The Cali T is officially a REAL Ferrari funny story !

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by THE VATICANTS, Mar 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. THE VATICANTS

THE VATICANTS Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    VATICANT
    Just wanted to share this funny story. Took my buddy a few times in my 458 Spider, which of course is an incredible car. He thought the Cali T was some sooped-up Nissan type car after everything he heard. Today we went to for coffee and I took the Cali T, then pacific coast hight way and then in race mode thru the canyons. From the minute he entered the car I could tell his face change with this "I had no idea, I've been lied to" look lol. When I dropped him off a few hours ago at home he was like "this car is absolutely incredible, I can't believe the comfort and luxury in traffic and then the REAL Ferrari in the canyons-and he thought in person the car looked drop dead gorgeous. I could tell how in love he was as he had no idea could be both lol. Just wanted to share as it's awesome seeing people's reactions like this.
    Attached are pics of my actual car. ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

F140C, SAFE4NOW, CCallaud and 7 others like this.
  2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Sounds like a great day

I always find that most who talk that way about the T, has not even sat in one, and much less driven it. The last guy I met who came on witb the T not being a real Ferrari rant, was driving a Citroèn C3.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. SB27

SB27 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    Is that silver or Grigio Alloy? Hard to tell from the photo. Great looking spec though! Enjoy!

alex and THE VATICANTS like this.
  4. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Well...... since the 246 Dino is now considered to be a "Ferrari", then I guess this car can be a "REAL" Ferrari...... :) ;)

THE VATICANTS likes this.
  5. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    don't forget Cali T is one speed faster than 488.

6. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    By race mode, do you mean sport or sport with the ESC nannies turned off?

7. THE VATICANTS

THE VATICANTS Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    VATICANT
    That's what I meant, yes ;)

tomc likes this.
  8. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Great story, thanks for sharing.

With Covid crap still rampant I have not gotten the opportunity to honor a ride request yet. Hopefully soon.

Im sure they will be surprised too how great of a car the Cali T is once they get to ride on mine.

Dan

9. TifosiConch

TifosiConch Karting

Jan 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul Maurer
    Love the 458 wheels! I can relate, Cali T wasn't even on my list or radar when I first went shopping for my 911 replacement. My list was three cars long- 458, Lamborghini Gallardo and McLaren 650S. Drove all three and soon realized these cars would simply not fit two people plus long weekend luggage like my 911S. A buddy told me I would love the Cali T, he was right. I realized I could have a 458/Gallardo or 650S and have to use the SUV for all my weekend trips, or get a Cali T and have a choice.

10. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    The Cali T is a great car and the people who have all these negative comments never owned the car and probably never drove it.

635CSI likes this.
  11. JohnnyTS

JohnnyTS Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2012
    Pretoria East, RSA
    Full Name:
    John
    where did the confusion came in ? what is the real story behind the California?

12. swiftar

swiftar Rookie

Aug 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ron
    First time I rolled into a car show in the Cali T - I heard - "Here comes a budget Ferrari"

Just had to smile. I think of it as the sweet spot for me. I drive the heck out of cars and the T is one of the best to drive everyday, to drive hard, etc.

13. Oitbc

Oitbc Rookie

Mar 25, 2021
    Full Name:
    Phil Thomas
    Yes the budget Ferrari - usually uttered by those who can’t afford it anyway.

I had the exact same shopping list. Porsche. Lambo. Ferrari. My mate was having trouble with his Porsche turbo and it put me off and everyone and their dog seems to have one round here. Lambo was just too nuts and no space.

Looked at a FF but those double stack exhausts on a Cali30, convertible, room for my kids in the back plus 6 bags of shopping in the boot just ticked all my boxes.

Then it is a sub 4 second car (3.8), 8.5s to a 100 and sounds glorious as a NA V8 I was like take my money now.

plus the original spec for the kit on the car brand new came to over 200k pounds.

whatheheck and tomc like this.