328 hoses from airbox | FerrariChat

328 hoses from airbox

Discussion in '308/328' started by mike996, Mar 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    Changing belts (cam, WP, alt) and in removing the airbox I noticed the two hoses that attach to the airbox were very brittle though not cracked/leaking. So I figured I'd replace them. THEN I got to wondering, what do these hoses do? I assume they are associated with emissions. I tried to find a diagram, like Ricambi used to have on their site until they were forced to remove them but I didn't have any luck.

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Look on eurospares in the uk for diagrams

3. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    I should have been more clear - The two hoses I'm referring to are the two hoses that attach to the underside of the airbox. They run from the airbox underneath the intake manifold to the other side of the engine compartment.

Mike32 - thanks for the Eurospares suggestion - I found the hoses on their diagram and they are, indeed, part of the air injection emissions system. Trying to figure out if I need them since I removed the Cat some years ago after my Slow down light system went out of service. Since there are no emission checks here I was thinking of just blocking the relevant fittings.

4. SeattleM5

SeattleM5 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2006
    Kirkland, Washington
    Full Name:
    Ettore Palazzo
    One is for the blow by system the other is for the air injection. Both hoses are labeled #11 in the respective diagrams

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. SeattleM5

SeattleM5 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 9, 2006
    Kirkland, Washington
    Full Name:
    Ettore Palazzo
    Air injection system can be removed, you'll need plugs for the heads. The hose for the blow by system should remain in place. It is necessary for proper functioning of the oil vapor separator.

6. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

7. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    Why is Ricambi not allowed to have the diagrams, but other places are allowed, like Ferrparts and Eurospares?

Ricambi America likes this.
  8. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Many many parts sellers were given the same c&d.

I have chosen to follow the advice of my lawyers; what others do is their own business.

Saabguy and Dave Bertrand like this.
  9. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    That's probably wise.