What is the Name / Part Number of This Part? | FerrariChat

What is the Name / Part Number of This Part?

Discussion in '308/328' started by J-P, Mar 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. J-P

J-P Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2007
    I went through the parts diagrams numerous times today trying to find this part with no luck. It is the (usually) metal piece that connects the air intake hose to the body for intake air on the 308 GT4. It is circled in red in the photo.

Can someone tell me how it stays in place and if there are other associated fittings or fasteners?

Also, anyone know a good source to order the correct clamps circled in green?

I would appreciate part numbers if anyone has them.

Thanks.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Kidasters

Kidasters Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2013
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Ken
    10300190. It's called a "fixing strap"

I have them. They are a pain the the ass to use. I just replaced the one on the airbox with a very large hoseclamp (I think about a 6" or 8" hose clamp). Yeah, not original, but looks better and easier to use.

J-P likes this.
  3. GT4andMore

GT4andMore Karting

Oct 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I made a post in the parts cross ref thread;

Missing from this thread - but mentioned elsewhere - the straps on the airducts - PN 10292390 - are available from Ricambio as "Air Intake Hose Securing Clips - Classic Fiat 500, 126" for £2.55. Makes replacing all four of them an option while introducing some shine into my engine bay on the way. Nice to see the Fiat 500 shares some parts with the 308.

4. Andy 308GTB

Andy 308GTB F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Jun 2, 2004
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Andy M
    And what a great post that was - saved me a fortune!

5. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    £32 each from eurospares, just shows the mark up

6. J-P

J-P Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2007
    Thanks for the info on the clamps.

When I purchased my car it was missing the piece that connects the hose to the body, so I am looking for one if you guys have a part number or lead. I went through every parts diagram on Maranello Classic Parts multiple times and finally gave up.

7. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I think they call it a air conveyor. I was looking for a picture of the directions for the strap clamps, but cant find it.

8. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    It helps if you give year/version/model as we aren't clairvoyants (and you don't have it in your Profile) ;). Based on you engine pic, I'd guess it's a late euro 308GT4. The fixing strap(s) are shown here:

https://www.ferrariparts.co.uk/Diagram/Ferrari/308-GT4-Dino-1979/010-Carburetors-And-Air-Cleaner

Although there is only one fixing strap shown in the drawing, the quantity listed is 2 -- i.e., both fixing straps are the same 10300190 part number that Ken posted.

9. Kidasters

Kidasters Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2013
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Steve - do you know if there is a special tool for winding them? Like I said - my past use with them was bad, and while I know it's the OE look, it is far from practical.

10. J-P

J-P Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2007
    It's actually an early 1974 Euro 308 GT4. The pic was for reference. I should have been more clear in my first post. I found the part number for the fixing straps with no problem, as they are in the diagrams. The real issue is I cannot find a part number/name for the "air conveyor". One would think it would be in the air cleaner diagram along with all the other air cleaner components, but apparently not.

Again, less concerned with the straps than I am with the "conveyor" part. That is what I am really looking for.

11. lopena

lopena Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Those metal straps are technically called “Copiglia Clamps” and they are very common on Italian cars in particular. They are readily available for just a few bucks...I buy mine from AW Italian Car Parts in Eatontown, NJ.

There is a specific method for tightening these down...just google “copiglia hose clamps” for simple instructions on how to use these properly...no special tools required...a small screwdriver will suffice.

While they look a little confusing at first, once you know the proper technique these clamps are easy to install and they do their job very well (in addition to looking proper).

As for the “air conveyor”...that is the generic term Ferrari uses for any air hose. I think the part number for your 308GT4 is #107103...google that part number just to be sure.

Alan
    N.J.

Saabguy likes this.
  12. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    A scoop is convogliatore is conveyor.
    Such as the front brake air duct scoops

13. J-P

J-P Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2007

Thanks Alan, good info. That part number is for the rubber bellows. I am looking for the metal piece that is next in line and attaches to the body to direct air into the bellows from the side scoop. Unfortunately, it has an elusive name and part number.

I called around to some parts places. They were also unable to find any part number for it, but I think I was able to track one down by doing a lot of pointing and making weird noises.

Let's see what the postman brings. Thanks for the help.

14. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Its not metal its fiberglass Duct . If we are talking about the same thing

15. AZDoug

AZDoug Formula 3

Jun 17, 2009
    Along the Verde , AZ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    The clamp on the airbox is not necessary, though it looks correct if you have one.

You can just slip the rubber duct hose over the airbox inlet and it stays in place just fine.

A worm drive hose clamp works extremely well also if you want a clamp, I prefer the more flexible 3/8" wide ones vs the normal 1/2" or 9/16" wide worm clamps.

Doug

16. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    True I havent had my original clamps on the ducts in 15yrs maybe. I have them stored though.