812 VS Rumors | Page 233 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    The 250 Aperta seems too small to me, but it could be a good nod to the 250 GTO ..... You may be right.

2. iohead

iohead Karting

Feb 19, 2013
    There are 500 "top" customers.

If every one of them says yes to the Aperta, they will (have to) make 500 Aperta units.

If one or more of them go for the Coupe, or just decline the car altogether, they may make fewer Apertas.

3. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    the name GTO aperta sounds so strange to me... hope they will call this car with a different name

LARRYH likes this.
  4. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    You may be right, that's why I think that 250 even 300 seems not enough.

We'll see when the time comes.

hyroller likes this.
  5. unogib

unogib Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    USA
    I wonder what percentage of Pista Spider owners were offered the VS?

6. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Ferrari also routinely builds more numbered cars than they state.

roma1280, 456-boy and LARRYH like this.
  7. TAM340R

TAM340R Karting

Jul 26, 2015
    even when they put a small plate in the car stating the number?

Tam

8. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Personally, I always think that declining a track day version in Aperta was a paradox, even if it is explained very simply.
    Let me tell you an anecdote. During a trackday on the Fiorano track, at lunch I ask Mr X how the production and sales of the 430 Scuderia are going. He replied that all is well and that it is a fantastic machine to ride on the track from time to time ... then says to me, we will try to decline it in Spider even if it was not initially planned in the product plan, because Customers like Spiders ... Mr Y start to speack by saying that it made no sense to lose rigidity and order a track day car and that it was not an F 50 and that the structure was different .. I underline the paradox on a version intended for the track, and they answer me, we will see if it sells. You have all understood that he was talking to me about the genesis of the 16 M which was purely the result of a last minute improvisation ...
    What I wanted to mean is this wish, to greet by commercial success has reproduced itself, whereas it is only a paradoxical creation. An 812 VS is intended for occasional track days, and in accordance with its design and vocation, the model to have is the coupe, and not the Aperta version which is more suited to an image objective.

stavura, Bundy, mthompson2376 and 4 others like this.
  9. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    100% agreed , that's exactly what I was saying here previously

open top VS are a technical nonsense, ferrari is working hard to make the base car stiffer & lighter .. just to make it heavy and less rigid back again in convertible body

But those are great sounding cars, they seem to bring a lot of fun to their owners and that's probably the only thing that matters

10. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Will the release of the 812VS mean values of the 812SF will come down? I imagine most buyers of the VS already have an SF and would likely sell/trade it in when their VS is delivered....essentially flooding the market with 1000+ 812SF’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Well apparently the Pista Spider did not help you. As per MODIS/CRM Pista Spider is not considered a limited edition and the criteria for the 812VS was owning at least 5 moderns cars from new + owning a limited edition 16M, 458SA, 599GTO, F12TDF etc. The 812VS will def. be a limited edition. Not all of the 180 official Ferrari dealers around the world hold the official sales license and hence I’d say ‘only’ around 120 in fact do. So if every one of the 120 dealerships get 2-3 VSApertas and 6-7 VSCoupes that would mean 240-360 Apertas and 720-840. Have not heard of any dealer who will get more than 8-9 units of the 812VS in total. If you did, let me know. In other words, people saying 499 and 999 is complete nonsense.

12. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1

Do you mean 6 cars at the same time in the garage ? ... and ok pista spider is not a limited , but .... if they have produced 1100 pista spider it should quite obvious that these cars went to the 1100 best Ferrari consumers or not? So if this is correct almost all owners of pista spider should have an allocation of a 812 VS ... this at least in “ theory “ ..

13. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    5 cars and one of them being a limited edition. That was the criteria to even be considered. Was not a guarantee though. Once that criteria is achieved it then was up to the factory and dealer to choose which clients.

leopoldo likes this.
  14. unogib

unogib Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2006
    USA

Interesting....That would make sense as I have not been offered a VS as technically I do not own a "limited edition". I do own (currently) a 430 Scuderia and Pista Spider (along with GTCLusso) - both of which do not meet the definition

ilcapodizurigo likes this.
  15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Yes, but the 16M is a much more fun car to drive than the Scud on twisty country roads on a nice day. It enjoys the benefits of what makes the Scud great on track: lowered, more power, better brakes, lighter, faster F1 shifts, and the sound amplified in open top.
    Win win.

16. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Don't bother; 16M, Speciale Aperta, Pista Spiders are all marketing faffs. These abominations were given birth only due to excessive greed of Mr. XYZ and the marketing axxholes within Ferrari. They can't actually be good products that clients enjoy, bring back Enzo Ferrari something something....:rolleyes:

U-Boat Commander and italiafan like this.
  17. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Yes, even with numbered plates. Last example is the SA Aperta with two cars having the same numbered plate - and interestingly only a few are numbered, not all the SA Aperta.
    Last full numbered model was the 550 Barchetta.

atomicskiracer and Nicolas21 like this.
  18. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Another case in point that it is time to build on a carbon chassis....

19. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    100%

And let’s face it. All these cars will see a twisty public road 1000x more often then the track. That is where it is most important for these cars to be exciting in my humble opinion.

If you really plan to track heavily none of these cars are the right ones.

Top down with a screaming Ferrari engine is a very hard to beat experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Wrong. I know of more than one who got in on the 812VS without owning a limited car.

Ferrari takes several things into consideration, not just ownership. One of the most important things, is involvement.

Ferrari basically asked the dealers to pick from the dealers VIP list. Many things can get you VIP status, the rest is the dealers decision.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The 812 VS should not affect 812 SF values anymore than the TdF had an impact on F12B prices.

The market will not be flooded with 812 VS cars, so no risk of additional devaluation. The car that hurt SF values was the GTS, and it still does.

Caeruleus11 and JackCongo like this.
  22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The 1500 number definitely seems high.

I know for a 100% fact that one of the largest dealers in Europe with over 100 VIP customers were only given 5 allocations in total. That is way, way less than Pista Spiders. There are several corse cliente clients with this dealers and thus several high tier clients. That is quite telling of how few are actually offered.

Who on earth told you that you needed a numbered car? It might be the case for your dealer in particular, but not for the 812VS in general.

23. Robert guth

Robert guth Rookie

Sep 29, 2018
    Mooresville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rober E. Guth
    Not as a public company they don't. That'll get them in trouble. That's why they've been more careful with issuing numbered cars over the last few years.

24. Robert guth

Robert guth Rookie

Sep 29, 2018
    Mooresville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rober E. Guth
    I guess the question I'd ask is . . . do you think a buyer interested in (and approved for) a VS is in a position to HAVE to sell his/her Superfast. Not to say that some don't take that path - flipping the prior vehicle to enable the next - but the math for most buyers doesn't require a sale to enable the next buy.

tfazio and JTSE30 like this.
  25. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    Also matters how much storage space one has. Here in the San Francisco area, storage space is a significant issue.

JagShergill and of2worlds like this.