Just when I though I couldn't hate people any more than I do... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Just when I though I couldn't hate people any more than I do...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ianjoub, Mar 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    Through the clear and the red base coat.

2. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    I have 2 door dings as well. I don't hate those folks for that though. I assume those were not malicious.

3. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    Thankfully, I can't see it from the driver's seat.

4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I would retrace your steps with the car for 2 days and have a couple leg breakers (such as, Paulie and Carmine) keep an eye from a distance. Idiots tend to repeat behaviors. :D

Ianjoub likes this.
  5. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    why has no one said: WRAP IT! o_O would have definitely lessened the damage. :)

Ianjoub likes this.
  6. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    Has PPF on all the leading edges.

BJK likes this.
  7. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    This angers me. The scumbag who did this is a miserable POS who deserves all the unhappiness in life.

Ianjoub likes this.
  8. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Wikdstrate, ScreaminKaw and Ianjoub like this.
  9. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    This is one of the reasons I ordered a new Roma. It doesn't look like an exotic car. I spec'd: Titanio (silver) no shields, aluminum brake calipers and cf wheel centers. Should be about as stealthy a Ferrari as you can get. Certainly more so than my Scud.

alex likes this.
  10. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    Doesn’t cost that much to have the back re-sprayed. I had the front done a couple of years ago and have never been able to tell any difference. Good luck.

11. Master Deep

Master Deep Karting

Jun 12, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    This. Full PPF has helped me sleep easier at night. Well worth the cost.

12. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I once had a Corvette parked on the street with a car cover. Someone walked by the car, lifted the car cover and keyed the entire passenger side. It sucks. Sorry you had to experience it.

13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I’m so sorry, damn pos, hope karma bites them in the ass.

14. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    That totally sucks. I once had someone write with their finger "Wash Me" on the hood of my car so hard that it left a shadow that I could barely buff out....I could still see it years later.

15. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    +1

I would have the scratch fixed (either fix it myself or get a local touch-up/dent guy do the work) as it would piss me off every time I looked at the scratch. Life's too short to be continually aggravated by this petty act of vandalism -- fix it, forget it, and enjoy the car.

ScreaminKaw likes this.
  16. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Sux and have been there. My X1/9 was keyed after it had just been repainted while I was in college.

17. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    When the asteroid hits, or the Yellowstone supervolacno erupts, I won't like it any more than anyone else. I can never say, though, that we don't deserve it.

With exceptionally rare exceptions, humans are bad. That's my rule number one. Rule number two is a variant of PT Barnum's quote - you'll never be wrong to underestimate how bad they'll get, especially when money is involved. Rule number three is humans can rationalize that whatever crappy thing they did was actually OK and the best they could do...

Thomas Magnum, PKF355, MWHC4S and 2 others like this.
  18. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Jealousy-it’s inherent in our way of life today- we have more than ever in our society today- and people are even more jealous of what they don’t have.
    It’s why you’ll never catch me at Ferraris Annual Experience big event in Portland Oregon this year. Can they be serious about staging an event like that at ground zero for lawlessness and daily riots? In their most recent emails about it they claim it’s outside downtown Portland and they’ve hired security - like a guard is going to put his life on the line to protect your precious vehicles. Yeah, and I’ve got Enzo calling me on the other line.
    Stay safe everyone in these crazed times.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Reacherman1022 likes this.
  19. PKF355

PKF355 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    sOCal
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Can someone please explain this to me...

Why do people hate the rich and yet are trying very hard to get rich themselves???
    or Why do they mock the rich for buying things that they can't afford and yet keep buying lottery tickets week after week???

20. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    “I've heard Warren [Buffett] say a half a dozen times, 'It's not greed that drives the world, but envy. '”

-Charlie Munger

21. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    That attitude is why I sold my Fcars. Unwanted notoriety and the attitude of what the OP experienced.

When I’m asked about the cars now I say you can drive them anywhere-you just can’t park them anywhere.

sorry for your bad experience, I would try to polish it out. Good therapy even if it hides it a little.

Wikdstrate likes this.
  22. Denizined

Denizined Rookie

May 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Denzo
    On a related note, would it be possible to have a 360 camera (ie. a gopro 360) that you switch on and leave on the dashboard whenever you park the car outside and if there's no damage when you get back you erase the footage, if there's damage you have proof of the crime? Has anyone thought of such a setup?

23. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    um, yeah. Tesla. Years ago. :)

24. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I don’t think the people who hate the rich are trying very hard to get rich.