812 VS Rumors | Page 234 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Interesting. I was offered a post spider but didn’t make this cut. Had the SF and now a very early GTS. Bummer. Figured I wasn’t top but was hoping I was on the edge of vip. I will have to look on w envy ;)

2. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    That was indeed the case for the F60 America and J50 limited editions. Only 10 of them as announced have been produced. No more no less.
    Let’s see what’s going to be for the Monza and the 812VS.

3. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  4. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Well I guess the criteria might vary slightly based on each region. My dealer told me that 5 cars were def. needed + one of them must be a limited edition. I agree, that involvement (attending events, racing, corso pilota), history (since when you buy Ferraris), loyalty (flipping or collecting), relationship (with dealership and sales team) all matter in the allocation process. But what I am saying is, you can be a Challenge Racing driver, attend every event, be best friends with the dealer, own a 488 Pista Piloti and it is simply not enough to receive a VS allocation. Owning 5 cars including a limited is literally only like passing the entry exam. After that you are thrown on a list with others who have the same or greater ownership. Only then the selection process starts. You are compared to the others by assessing involvement, your potential on buying new future models etc. etc. It is crucial for the dealer to be careful in selecting clients because if he does not allocate the car to someone who truly believes he deserves it they might lose a very valuable customer for the future who might change dealerships or never buy anything from the again. The dealer in combination with the factory committee makes the final decision on names.

Caeruleus11, OKUGO and JackCongo like this.
  5. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015

dcmetro likes this.
  6. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott

Hahaha - at first I thought, “surely it can’t be that plain and uninspiring after all the renders and chat here”. Then I looked at the date on my calendar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JagShergill, dcmetro and 456-boy like this.
  7. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Assetto Fiorano 2.0 confirmed as well, now with Ala Gigante™ (huge wing) technology...improved downforce and "bragging rights" :D

Image Unavailable, Please Login

LARRYH, dcmetro and italiafan like this.
  8. vegasoul

vegasoul Rookie

Apr 26, 2016
    I guess the F1 all sounded a bit muted when you have helmet and earplugs on...there was once I forgot to put on earplugs and it was simply too loud on the straight. (F2007). I actually prefer to hear them from the pit as they fly past the straight than actually in the car. V10s are the ultimate thunder gods of course. Just got one. Can't wait to compare them to the V8s.

chrixxx likes this.
  9. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #5834 Albert-LP, Apr 1, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    My inside source finally showed me the complete car this morning, after stopping at my home during the usual test drive around Maranello (as he is a Ferrari official test driver). He parked inside my garage and we together removed the camo: a real monster came out in all its beauty. The rear is a mix between the SF90 assetto Fiorano and the 250 GTO. The front has the carbon insert/livery exactly like drawed by ISOT fchat member. Only one exhaust tip each side, (almost) squared shape. The trunk cover is like the leaked image of the light blue and yellow car, but with six holes and not only four. Standard 812 SF lights, front and rear, but very aggressive shape with many outside carbon fiber details, new dash. But the best is under the rear (and front) lid: 4WD, 4WS, a second engine fitted to the rear diff/gearbox (and driven by two EGT) is concealed in the trunk and will add 300 extra HP for a total amount of 1150 Hp (850 + 300). Active ground effect through two big fans (in the trunk) generates 1000 lbs (450 kg) of downforce starting from 100 mph and can be disconnected on the straight for top speed and overtakes. Top speed is 250 MPH (400 km/h), 0-62 MPH time is 2.3 s. Weight is 200 lbs (90 kg) less than the 812 SF. I was allowed to do a small test drive (after reinstalling the camo): man, what a beast! It reminds me the sensation I had when I tested the Eurofighter Typhoon in full afterburner scramble mode last year: that was funny, as it happend exactly one year ago, April 1, 2020...

ciao

10. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    How long til some or all of this last post comes back as fact ?

11. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

Very funny!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Thank you: the April fool (pesce d'Aprile, in Italian) is always funny. But this year It could be only a 50% April fool... ;)

ciao

13. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Which 50%? ;)

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  14. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    We will learn it within April

Ciao

456-boy, of2worlds and italiafan like this.
  15. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I'd say styling, 4WS and weight reduction are spot on.

16. BLACKburn49

BLACKburn49 Karting

Nov 2, 2010
    France
    Full Name:
    David BENOIT
    Even though that's a fool I think you aren't far from reality... IMO they will want to say goobye to the pure NA V12 with a great top speed. I genuinely can't wait to discover what's happening at the back!

Caeruleus11 and JTSE30 like this.
  17. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Not know a listed company it would be securities fraud

RamsHmb likes this.
  18. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i confirm that this is not a 100% April fool

Caeruleus11, Shack and of2worlds like this.
  19. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I agree with you and already imagine myself driving Ferraris last N/A V12 Aperta all the way down from the Cote d’Azur to Portofino.... with an open top on a cozy summernight.

if you look for a limited version you can track, get a 488 GT/Modificata.

best of both worlds.

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and Nicolas21 like this.
  20. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    If it’s only 50%~ is it the front 50 or the rear 50%?
    Or is it the middle 50 or 25% at each end?
    The possibilities are endless...as are the posts on this topic-
    It’s what makes FerrariChat fun where fact meets fiction and opinions can carry the day!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

JagShergill, Shack and dcmetro like this.
  21. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #5846 Albert-LP, Apr 2, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    As today is April 2, I can say that it was all and only an April fool. I know in person three Ferrari test drivers (Benuzzi, Guidetti and Montorsi), but they are all retired and none of them ever drove the 812VS. I visited the Grosseto Italian Airbase where there is the 4th figther wing equipped with the Eurofighter Typhoon that carries the Prancing Horse on the tail, but I tested the plane only in this way here below... ;) :D

ciaooooooooo!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura, mofatmi9, OneD and 10 others like this.
  22. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    You... [Cheek pinching, De Niro Style]

Albert-LP likes this.
  23. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  24. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    If I’m not mistaken that’s Dan Jewett’s car. Mackenzie allowed him a used Ferrari only so he contacted the factory and asked them to make him a new car that looked used...win, win! Shame you missed out DC :D

chrixxx and dcmetro like this.
  25. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    ...if it’s not that ( :) ), it doesn’t look like a VSA mule either. All of the VS mules seem to have had the large exhaust box?