Rinsing off dust on a fresh Gyeon ceramic coat | FerrariChat

Rinsing off dust on a fresh Gyeon ceramic coat

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by CoreyNJ, Mar 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Any experts out there know if it is bad to rinse my car off or do I need to wait the 7 to 14 days it says in the instructions about washing. I have access to a deionized water filter setup for my hose.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    #2 flash32, Mar 21, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    Every manufacture/ type within manufacture has a little different take on what and what you cannot do in the first 2 to 3 weeks

Most say 24 hours is ok for rain and 2 to 3 weeks for soap and any kind of rubbing

I would look up the specific manufacture you have had applied

Update :

Just saw gyeon on title - according to there website - if quartz then after 24 hours is ok to spray

3. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Yes it is Gyeon Quartz. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Agreed. It’s 24 hours before the car gets wet. Personally I try to keep my cars dry for the whole “curing” period. I’m not sure which Gyeon product was used on your car, but the last time I applied Kamikaze Miyabi to my cars, I waited 5 days before taking them out of the garage, so that they could fully harden.

5. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Had Opti-coat applied to my car. Contacted Opti-coat and asked about putting the car cover on and when it would be OK to do a mild wash. They told me 48 hrs for the car cover & @ two weeks for a wash. As was stated, every mfg has their own guidelines.