Advice needed! Speciale demo car purchase | FerrariChat

Advice needed! Speciale demo car purchase

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by JoeyRRari, Apr 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JoeyRRari

JoeyRRari Rookie

Mar 31, 2021
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, and I'm considering a Speciale purchase. One of the Speciales that I'm looking at was a Ferrari press/demo car before it was sold to its current owners, and the car had around 3000 miles while being a press/demo car, and it currently has 7000 miles.

I know that a press car is normally driven very hard, but the car does have the New Power warranty and all the service records, which looks okay to me, so would there be any big risks if I buy the car?

I intend to keep the car long term, but do want to have the option of resale without taking a huge hit.

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks in advance!

2. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    The price matters. However, I've been searching for a few months for a driven Speciale in the U.S. I see no reason to pay a premium for a sub 10k miles example that I'm going to put 40k miles on. The trouble is that they don't seem to exist. There appears to be no drivers Speciale's on the market yet. My take is that if the press car is only "story" car out there, you should be good. Hopefully you put 20k miles on it and then sell it to me. :-D

3. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Press car equals very high selectively chose in spec.
    Drivin equals well sorted and likely taken care of with at least fluid changes.
    New power warranty takes risk hours of being on represented or hidden major problems.

No real downside if as mentioned the price reflects the miles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mikael-F360 likes this.
  4. bestia_rossa

bestia_rossa Rookie

Sep 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Vsk
    Do check if the car was ever repainted