Is this F 430 worth the price? | FerrariChat

Is this F 430 worth the price?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Cookiemonster11, Apr 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cookiemonster11

Apr 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    ******man
    #1 Cookiemonster11, Apr 2, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2021
    ‪Hey Ferrarichat buddies, I would like you guys opinion on this one. So they selling me a 2005 F430 45k miles and Clutch has to be done really soon + the front right it’s a little ****ed up. You think it’s worth 70k what his asking price is? Thanks ‬

clutch was changed at 28k miles says the seller.

+ all the upcoming stuff this car might have to be serviced also if anything else comes up

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    You need to put up a lot more info, 70 k what ? £ or $. Where are you.

3. Cookiemonster11

Apr 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    ******man
    Dollar

4. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    My advise, buy an already sorted car. You are looking at dumping a lot of money into the car to replace the clutch, fix the front that is ####% and any deferred maintenance plus what ever else is wrong with the car.

Remember, the most expensive Ferrari you will ever own is the cheapest you will ever buy.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Given what needs to be done and the miles I think it’s a very fair deal especially in today’s market. Get a PPI done for sure as the price seems low if the only thing it needs is a clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Cookiemonster11

Apr 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    ******man
    Thank you

7. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    He said the right front is messed up. So no telling what that will cost and what else is broken underneath that damage or in other areas of the car. Most PPI will only catch the superficial stuff since they don’t disassemble things.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Cookiemonster11

Apr 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    ******man
    You might be right boss. The car is 45k miles + it needs a clutch really soon. I won’t be enjoying this car anytime soon. It cost 70k at 45k miles + I would have to put at least $20,000 dollars to fix clutch, front, and maybe a few other things that would come up at the end. That’s why I’m saying $20,000 could even be more. So I would be spending a total of $90,000 for this car at 45k miles is it worth it? Idk ‍♀️ has a lot of miles. Would someone else buy it from me in the future after I’m done also something to think about. Thanks for your replies boss.

9. Cookiemonster11

Apr 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    ******man
  10. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    judging by that photo the front LEFT is messed up too.

I would urge significant caution.

11. Cookiemonster11

Apr 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    ******man
    Thanks

12. Gillis Haasnoot

Gillis Haasnoot Karting

Feb 4, 2020
    Leiden, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Gillis Haasnoot
    Don't do it when you have the slightest hesitation. You have it, otherwise you would not have posted this message.
    Wait for a better one. Plenty of good ones popping up occasionally for between 80 and 90

13. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Run away and as stated already, just buy one all sorted and in great shape.

You’ll save yourself the headache and frustration of trying to sort something that might need more than you think

14. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    a clutch is not $20k. $70k is a steal for that car. get a ppi and quote on the clutch.. 430 pricing are only going up. you might even make money

Danedingerson likes this.
  15. Cookiemonster11

Apr 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    ******man
    Thanks everyone, I will just go for the Ferrari 488.

16. Cookiemonster11

Apr 2, 2021
    Full Name:
    ******man
    Bro the clutch is 11k to 12k + fixing the front of the car + whatever other issues comes with it that’s why I said 20k

armedferret likes this.
  17. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    Good excuse to stick a Scud bumper on it.

jag-oo-r likes this.
  18. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Where are you getting a quote for $11-$12,000 for a clutch? My independent shop charges $6000. If the only thing that is wrong with the front end, is what’s depicted in the picture, you can find a bumper here on FerrariChat and have it painted. Lots of guys have their front bumpers painted due to rock chips. Still have a PPI done, to look for other issues.

If you are okay with the $45,000 miles, it would be a way to get a 430 for a great price.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
  20. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    As stated previously the photo is not all that's wrong aesthetically (and possibly structurally). The front *RIGHT* side was described as the seller as being "fooked up" which, while colorfully descriptive, isn't entirely detailed. That the photo shows the front *LEFT* also damaged, spidey sense begins tingling that the entire front could be jacked up pretty good and easily cost 15k or more to fix. If the fender, headlight, or suspension are anywhere from tweaked to destroyed (headlight housing mounting tabs can break very easily, with replacement being the only option--what's an F430 headlight housing run these days?) that figure could escalate QUICKLY.

If the price were closer to 50-55k, then yes it could be worth the hassle of all the sensors, wires, hidden damage, deferred maintenance, etc that likely comes with the car.

At the asking price it's an easy pass.

vinny84 likes this.
  21. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    You sure he didn’t get his left and right mixed up and what your seeing is the damage he described? A thorough PPI and frame check is highly recommend. This may end up being a clean car other then what was already described. I will also vouch for a clutch replacement should only cost 6k for labor and parts.

Danedingerson likes this.
  22. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    You're welcome to speculate whether someone knows the difference between right and left with your $70,000. I'll pass.

jag-oo-r likes this.
  23. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    It very easily mixed up when talking about cars. As people have different perspectives wether they are outside looking at the car or inside looking out. Either way that’s what the PPI is for. I am not saying buy it without doing your due diligence. All I am saying is this could be a deal but it could also not be one hence thorough PPI and frame check.

24. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    45,000 is not a lot of miles for a 16 year old car.
    How do you know he clutch needs to be done after 17,000 miles?
    My 2006 430 has 45k miles, the clutch was replaced in 2013 at 18k miles before I bought it due to a leaking TOB. The current clutch had 58% left last year.
    Get a PPI including clutch wear and have a competent body shop check the front. May be just some careless scraping or bumper damage.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

25. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    cluth is not 20k or 11l or 12k unless you love going to a dealer and love getting RIPPED OFF. cluth is not a big deal if you have a good indy.