Weight loss ideas for the 599? | FerrariChat

Weight loss ideas for the 599?

Discussion in '612/599' started by odf911, Mar 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Any easy suggestions other than wheels, battery and decat?

2. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Well, the cats are a big savings. The monolithic wheels are lighter than the pentagrams and I assume the GTO wheels are lighter yet. The GTO grill is slightly lighter than standard. The shift paddles can be put in carbon fiber and are longer like the GTO which is better. You can change out the hood for a fiberglass GTO hood (non OEM).

3. ZF123

ZF123 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2015
    Bay Area
    CF/Fiberglass panels/doors
    Seats
    CC Rotors
    windshield washer fluid

when my friends ask me for my thoughts on weight reduction, i tell em to use 1/2 tank of gas and spend the rest on a personal trainer ;)

4. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    The question we have to ask is how far are you willing to go. Out go the carpets and the leather for starters. Lose the windshield washer, AC, etc. Or as an easy option is titanium wheel bolts. Drop several pounds and it doesn't show.

ZF123 likes this.
  5. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

How much faster do you want to go with this car? It's already a flat out racer with a leather interior!

6. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    probably F12 fast would be the prime objective...

7. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Got the ti bolts, GRO wheels and cc disks. The roof liner was also modified and the heavy material that made it hang removed ... in terms of removing carpet and leather I would probably stay clear from doing that ...

8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Seats are one of the easiest weight loss factors. Ferrari electric seats tend to be very heavy if you have ever removed one. There is quite a bit of sound deadening material under carpets, etc, but not sure how much weight that would save. I remember ordering a 7 liter Z06 without the sound deadening material to save weight, and regretted it later.

Camp Freddie, brogenville and ZF123 like this.
  9. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    In addition to decat, roof insulation, GTO grille and wheels, ti bolts, ti fuel cap, ti oil cap, etc. I have also replaced some body parts with CF (c-pillars and side rockers). I also emptied the boot and removed the toolbox, car docs, etc. Battery is antigravity ... all together about 60 kg less ...

Camp Freddie and Makuono like this.
  10. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    Don't forget the driver! 10 lbs there possible, LOL

Caphill likes this.
  11. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Haha yes, often comes up when you research the topic. Originally thought it was kind of a joke but some people seem dead serious about it !! Unfortunately with the gyms closed here in the UK, no immediate progress in sight I am afraid ...

12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    What is your goal? Track day? Or better handling?

Gym closed is not an excuse :). Youtube has some amazing videos to do HIIT that will get you sweating in 20mns.

13. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Believe it or not I was going almost every day before the lockdown ! Looks like gyms are set to reopen 2 weeks from now ... for the car, I guess it of both handling and possible track day. In addition to weight loss it also has h&r springs and sway bars. Definitely feels sharper ...