812 VS Rumors | Page 237 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Ferrari chose to enter LMH—instead of LMDh— precisely because they can make their own car and use the staff that would have been sidelined from F1 team because of cost restrictions.

Porsche and Audi, who chose LMDh, and who must have the chassis built by either the French Ligier or Oreca, Canadian Multimatic or Italian Dallara.

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and jpalmito like this.
  2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The Valkyrie has such an engine. Ferrari have said that the N/A V12 will live on for as long as possible.

3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    You wrote only 50% of my words: it would cost a fortune and won't last much. Of course you can build it (150 hp liter NA are of course possible).

And with the same cost you can build a 1500 hp turbocharged engine with same weight

This said I like V12.

Ciao

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Nothing to suggest such a thing.

5. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    When are we going to start a petition to inscribe the V12 Ferrari on the World Heritage of Humanity? (not kidding).

6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The Valkyrie could comfortably even make Silverstone feel small; not to mention the most amazing audio soundtrack to.

REALZEUS likes this.
  7. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Count me in!

8. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I also mentioned in this thread the Cosworth built V12s (or same V12?) for the Valkyrie and Murray’s Fancar as the upper limits of what can be achieved by a streetable V12, both for power and revs.

But those cars are effectively streetable track cars and doubt they will be offered with a seven year (or whatever it is Ferrari offers) warranty and most likely will need a huge amount of fettling to keep running—like the race engines they are—especially if used regularly at 10,000 RPM.

Albert-LP, Caeruleus11 and Doug23 like this.
  9. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Everyone knows, especially at Ferrari, that the Euro 7 standard in 2025 will no longer allow the manufacture of a NA V 12.
    Future cars are closer to NASA than cars, and like the SF 90, bland and emotionless.

10. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    if the successor of the 812 coupe’ will be launched end 2022 ( not before ) I think they will not have time to build another v12 NA ... but I am not an expert of engine ... I am only seeing comments of someone that has more knowledge than me . If they ‘ll launch the successor at the end of 2022 I don’t think they will built a car with a NA engine for only two years of running ..

Gianfranco341 likes this.
  11. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Only it doesn't exist...been delayed for years, maybe production starts in a year? Once released we'll see how often the engine needs to be rebuilt, plus it may end up being track only (once released)...so, at this point, not a comparison...

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Even if that happens (which is doubtful), we still have time for another V12 model. Regarding the SF90, everyone who has driven it has said that it is amazing. You just have an agenda against newer technology...

Alvega likes this.
  13. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I’ve tested many V8 turbo like 488, Roma and Pista ,they are ok ,lot of torque but nothing compared to a big displacement 12 V N/A . When you drive a 12 V you don’t have just torque and power but you have a special sound a special simphony completely different from all others. Even with electric car you have a lot of torque and speed but you feel something is missed . I will keep my 12 V .

14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Well, according to Murray his car is street focused. I understand what you mean though.

of2worlds likes this.
  15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
  16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Even when limited to 3,500 RPM Murray's car sounded amazing! The size of the car and the nice noise it makes are all things Ferrari have turned their back on...

dcmetro and day355 like this.
  17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I wouldn't say that. First of all I am not impressed by the T50. The Valkyrie on the other, well yes, that is an amazing concept!!!

of2worlds and ingegnere like this.
  18. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    When it brings something more in terms of sensations, no problem. But when it's just to satisfy new stupid political standards, I find it regressive.
    In terms of pleasure for the senses, the SF 90 is close to zero, and if it had been badged Honda, they would have sold a hundred at most !

Shack and Gianfranco341 like this.
  19. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Do we think theVS will be the last na v12 as many predicted?

20. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Perhaps synthetic fuels can save our beloved V12 ?

red passion likes this.
  21. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    No.

Marcel Massini

22. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    ...I think it s too late...

23. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    If Porsche can do it, Ferrari can do it as well...

jpalmito likes this.
  24. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Valkyrie is a cool concept but realistically it is a race car and almost a single-seater at that.

Shots from the cockpit give the impression that the outward visibility is on par with that of a submarine. The claustrophobic cabin and raised feet driving position would make anything but lapping a racetrack quite the chore.

SVR and jpalmito like this.
  25. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Most of them then.

It most certainly is extreme, but that's its remit after all.

Alvega likes this.