360 - Kids and ferrari’s | FerrariChat

360 Kids and ferrari’s

Discussion in '360/430' started by one4torque, Apr 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Grabbing coffee in the 360 today a young family flags us down ... say they have a car crazy kid... let him see the f car!!!

4 yr old enthusiast hesitantly approached... I advise ear muffs hand for cs muffler rev’s dad agrees... rev’s proceed junior 4 yr old gets biggest grin..., made my day uh week ... kid hops in drivers seat grabs a hand full of gated f car..., Parents happy kid smiling... me could not be happier.

love these cars....

Hope he’s driving a scud or cs 15 yrs from now.

AndreB, Hypek9, FerRrari and 12 others like this.
  2. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    At a local car show a woman and her son were looking at my 360. The young boy couldn't have been more than 10 years old, yet he knew the model my car was and some of the specs. I was shocked. I asked if he would like to sit behind the wheel. He was both ecstatic and respectful (as he got in and out of the car carefully). And his mom couldn't thank me enough. I love when this happens and I encourage it as much as I can.

Some car guys I know say they remember such things for all of there life. So cool.

Hypek9, Mel Spillman, VAF84 and 5 others like this.
  3. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Love it good stuff !

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Back when we could have cars shows in Houston (nothing to do with the pandemic, they died out prior) letting kids sit in my Diablo Roadster was a regular occurance....dozens of kids ended up doing it, with parents snapping pictures. Hopefully, a few memories were created.

5. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I was not exposed to exotics.... did not sit in an f car until I was 50... that was driving a 458 at msr...... I know it’s cliche’ but it really affected me.....

I was humbled by the joy on that kids face as he grabbed the wheel and shifter.... respectfully as you put it.... he took it all in at that young age.... choked me up a bit.

KC360 FL and BDM348 like this.
  6. Hawaii Brit

Hawaii Brit Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2018
    Honolulu
    I get dads and sons usually checking out the F430 when I’m parked. It’s nice that they are both equally excited when I let them jump in to check out the interior.

Red 27 and one4torque like this.
  7. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    It's important for us to remember; it is a car. I take really good care of all my nice cars (except my beater '65 Ford P/U :D) but I always remind folks that they won't melt if they get caught in the rain on a drive that started out on the sunny day. I drive it with respect but it will show minor signs of wear. Keeping perspective is key.
    Enjoying the ride means more to me than just the daily drive.
    I enjoy the car shows but really I've seen plenty of cars in my life. Talking to the kids (and older folks) is really the engaging part-- and most rewarding.

Texas Forever, James R and ditpixs like this.
  8. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Call story Jeff, that was awesome.

One of my buddies kids knew all the different car models because of video games ha ha.

one4torque likes this.
  9. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
  10. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

I've posted this on here before, but this is 12yr old Rose about to take my 360 out onto Castle Combe racetrack for a few laps.
    It was part of the annual fundraising day put on by the Under 17s car club and she had already achieved a standard of driving equivalent to a UK test pass.

It's slightly nerve-wracking allowing someone that young behind the wheel but she didn't put a foot wrong and was still talking about it the next year (when she got to lap the car again!)

There's entirely too many enviro-nutters in the World, us petrolheads need to get the next generation hooked young!!

ZF123, 430tdf, kes7u and 3 others like this.
  11. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Nice job Derek and thanks for the share.

my parents took me to Indy when I was 5... they said I cried..... I’m sure it was tears of joy.

we must pass the torch.

12. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    That’s awesome...

13. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Extreme1, Nicolas21 and one4torque like this.
  14. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Went on a pandemic run in the F12 to the local farm for milk and eggs. About 35 minutes of nice roads and twisties. I loaded the goods into the rear and an eight year old comes up to the car and says “I know what car that is!” I say do you? Tell me? He replies Ferrari F12 Berlinetta. From Italy.

I say would you like to sit in it ? His mother comes up and tries to distract him away. I tell her it’s alright and would she please take a picture of him in the driver’s seat while giving them wide pandemic social
    Distance.

After they’re done I tell him -“btw do you know how I got that car?”
    He shook his head.

“By staying in school and working hard. “

His momma mouths thank you as they walk away.

Life can be good. We are very lucky to be part of this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Great story Scott.

16. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    We honestly should get window decals made up saying "Stay and School and Work Hard" and put it on our cars.

ScottS likes this.
  17. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    One of the highlights, and most humbling moments of my life is when a pastor at a local church told me through tears, “We need more people like you in the world” when I let his special needs car-crazy son sit in my car at a show a few years back after he went nuts over seeing it. That’s worth the price of admission.

James R, ScottS and one4torque like this.
  18. SRLC716

SRLC716 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 15, 2019
    Buffalo
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Today I was at a red light, and an suv pulled up next to me. There was a 12 year old kid in the front passenger seat, and I caught him looking and pointing out of the corner of my eye. When I looked at him and waved, he turned bright red and looked away. So I gave a little blip of the throttle... his dad rolled the window down and I ended up talking to both of them briefly. Turns out the kid is a huge Ferrari fan, and had NEVER seen one in person! I revved it for him and he smiled ear to ear. Absolutely made my day!!!

ScottS, cole328 and one4torque like this.
  19. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Good to know we are in good company on this forum. Class acts!

bet you made that kids day.

I was totally humbled to see the little boy at the coffee shop last week... pops asks if he can get a pic w the car.. and I’m like hop in grab the wheel. And to see the kids body language ... just dumb struck... almost to the point of incapacitation... pops says go on! It’s ok! Hop in. He eases into the Daytona’s. And grabs a small handful of gated shifter and momo steering —as if it was some innate reaction... this young man will be fore ever haunted by the need for his first Ferrari.... I hope he can look back at that picture 14-20 yrs from now w fond memory..... at that little coffee shop.

James R and ScottS like this.
  20. James R

James R Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2020
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    James Richards
    We had a candy give away at our church the Saturday before Easter Sunday. I drove my McLaren 720s that day and parked it out to the side. We were working the tables and setting up traffic cones and I noticed a lady and a young boy walking around my car and taking pictures of him with the car. I walked over and asked if they would like to sit in the car and take pictures. Her jaw dropped and was so thankful. After they got in their SUV and drove around, she whispered out the passenger side that the boys father had skipped out on his visitation that day with this boy and seeing this car meant a lot to them. I'm thankful for the blessings in my life and the desire to share that joy with others and put a smile on their face. You never know who you will impact.

21. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    James that story hits home me personally ... awesome.

James R likes this.