458 - Anyone seen this car at Cauley | FerrariChat

458 Anyone seen this car at Cauley

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SCantera, Apr 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    DefunctNeurons likes this.
  2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Looks beautiful. I strongly recommend a reputable PPI. You may want to ask @dhurlbert for advice. He has become very well versed on the 458 and although from Texas, he may be able to help you directly or may know somebody closer to you.

Good luck and blessings!

SCantera likes this.
  3. Petrolhead#32

Petrolhead#32 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2020
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Petrolhead#32
    Also do consider if you’ll need a front lift system. I definitely need it and use it everyday.

SCantera likes this.
  4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Check this out, hope it helps.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Thanks for the tip about Dan. I sent him an email giving him some background on my experience [16 different Ferraris over 40 years] as well as some specific conversations I have had w/ Cauley. Dan said based on my experience with both old and new Ferraris he really doesn't think he can bring much to assist me in this transaction. I appreciated his forthright honesty and amazingly quick response!

I do know the ins and out of many Ferraris....for newer i have an SA, F12, 599, Maser QP in my garage. Needless to say I am familiar with stickies and other issues. Seems like the 458 probably will have the same issues I have already experienced.

I am working with a Cauley sales consultant, Sieglinde Espenshade. Although I have never done business with Cauley or Sig I have known her for many years through the FCA events. My girl and I are good friends with Sig and her husband as a result. That relationship does give me comfort that I will be treated fairly and with respect.

In addition I have a "go-to" shop in Naples. F1 Imports has been servicing my cars for over 20 years. I will reach out to the tech-owner to find out what to look for that might be unique to the 458.

Thanks for all your recommendations and replies!!

GT2goneF and jm2 like this.
  6. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Sieglinde sold me my new F8, she is a straight shooter. The one thing to look out for on 458’s besides the sticky buttons is dash shrinkage. I didn’t even know I had it on my 2012 until I went to sell it. It was on the right side at the windshield, quite expensive to fix.

GT2goneF and SCantera like this.