F355 alarm siren battery | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F355 alarm siren battery

Discussion in '348/355' started by Klas, Mar 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I just can't come up with a good reason to go through the trouble (minor trouble, admittedly) to buy the special alarm battery and install it. My 355 is garaged, there's an early 911 next to it that is more valuable and easier to steal, and my wife's SUV is parked in front of the garage at night. Nobody's getting my cars. Would rather unplug the LED and be done with it.

2. Carmellini

Carmellini Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2019

No need for tape: It is very simple to pull the AC vent and the LED can be unplugged

Julia likes this.
  3. greybeast

greybeast Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2011
    Long Island
    Julia and Carmellini like this.
  4. Carmellini

Carmellini Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2019
    ^^^^^^^^ Great write up; thanks for posting the link.

5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    It's easier when the case is held together by screws. Mine was a sealed type and I had to cut it open with a box knife. It took ages and I'm lucky I didn't cut myself. The plastic is quite hard. I put several layers of aluminium tape next to the line where I was cuttings, so that if I did slip, I didn't mess up the case. You have to go slowly, otherwise you will cut into the internal locating tabs. After all that, I decided to buy a new one. I wasn't sure if the glue would hold.

I took the wheel off and went through the wheel arch rather than going from underneath. My arms were long enough to reach the siren even with the washer bottle in the way.

Carmellini likes this.
  6. Targatime

Targatime Formula 3

Feb 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Drove in to work today and you are indeed correct. I tinkered last night with the alarm module and it's the sealed type. Not gonna try to cut it open, it'll go in my box of 355 spares. Time to unplug the LED. I guess I'll have to de-sticky the HVAC vents while I have the center one out, it's not too bad but definitely original and sticky. One project leads to another....

Qavion and Carmellini like this.
  7. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I'm not sure if there is any easier access to the wiring for the LED. There is one(20 pin) connector between the Immobiliser ECU and the LED plug, but I'm not sure where it is.

Connector 59302

https://www.dropbox.com/t/V4g0cs1ozfflGJOm

Targatime likes this.