Best Ecu upgrade | FerrariChat

Best Ecu upgrade

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Todd Stuart, Apr 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Todd Stuart

Todd Stuart Rookie

Apr 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Todd Stiart
    Just bought a 2015 T for my wife. Which brand of Ecu upgrade is considered the best? I used Mason on my 360 spider and they were great to deal with.

2. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    I had Vivid Racing/VR Tuned flash the ECU in my Portofino. Great results,including disabling the stop/start.

3. Vintageignition

Vintageignition Karting

Dec 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Mancini
    What changes were made and the results? Please let us know.

Courso22 likes this.
  4. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Go to my thread "California T and Portofino: ECU Tunes?".

Vintageignition likes this.
  5. Todd Stuart

Todd Stuart Rookie

Apr 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Todd Stiart
    Thank you

6. Vintageignition

Vintageignition Karting

Dec 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Mancini
    I read through, did the flash alter the redline limits at all?

7. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    No. In the case of the California and California 30,I think red limit is raised. In the case of a flash (as opposed to a piggyback),more custom changes are possible including raising the rev limit if desired and safe.

8. gagatti

gagatti Rookie

Dec 10, 2021
    Marietta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Gregory Gatti
    Guys, I have a 2015 Cal T and want to have my ECU flashed as well. Can you tell me where the ECU is located? I have done a bunch of internet search and have been told, firewall, near battery, passenger wheel well and driver wheel well. I have spent 2 hours looking for it and still have not located it.

Thanks

Greg

9. Todd Stuart

Todd Stuart Rookie

Apr 10, 2020
    Full Name:
    Todd Stiart
    I have yet to do the upgrade. Mostly because I'm not that comfortable jacking the car. But the tuner I spoke to, Mason, said it is inside the right front wheel well behind the tire.

10. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    The ECU in the Portofino is easy to reach and remove. Doesn't anybody know where it is in the California T?

11. gagatti

gagatti Rookie

Dec 10, 2021
    Marietta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Gregory Gatti
    Thanks guys Todd was dead on. It's behind the passenger wheel. See pics I uploaded. I have send my ECU to be flashed with the Stage 1 UG which is supposed to yield 660HP. I'll post the results when I get it back.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. honda corse

honda corse Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2011
    Vancouver & Whistler
    Full Name:
    mark buchmann
    I was really impressed with Mase for my F430 but went Novitec for Portofino.

13. gagatti

gagatti Rookie

Dec 10, 2021
    Marietta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Gregory Gatti
    My 2015 Cal T ECU upgrade from Eurocharged Performance is due back tomorrow. I'll install this weekend, test drive and post the results.

honda corse likes this.
  14. gagatti

gagatti Rookie

Dec 10, 2021
    Marietta, Ga
    Full Name:
    Gregory Gatti
    I drove my car several times this weekend and was very impressed with the ECU upgrade from Eurocharged. They gave me a 15% discount off their listed price, flashed my ECU in 1 day and overnighted it back to be with no extra cost.

After re-installation, the car started right up with no errors or issues. It's very easy to notice the extra 100HP gain while accelerating and at the top end. The most noticeable increase is a much improved throttle response. Prior to owning my Cal T, I had a 911 Turbo and the throttle response in my Porsche was far superior. This upgrade addresses that and adds a new enjoyability to driving the car. For those of you who have Emissions testing like we do here in Ga, this upgrade maintains 100% compliance per Eurocharged.