Ferrari Overtaken by Rivals | FerrariChat

Ferrari Overtaken by Rivals

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rocketman, Apr 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    • So now Ferrari has to build electric cars to stay in the game ? Maybe this is a good time to say the hell with that, hire an old school President, and lets get back to what Ferrari once was, NOT. Its pathetic. You might as well be talking about GM. Sad sad situation. They have gotten to big, and you know what happens as a result, your seeing it now, and have been for a long while.
    Thank you

jpalmito likes this.
  2. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    If EV is needed to secure their future then that represents a classic Faustian bargain if ever there was one for Ferrari.

arizonaitalian likes this.
  3. Alex308qv

Alex308qv Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    PA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Ferrari will always have a cachet and mystique that differentiates it from others, some of which comes from its history of sorting out challenging times. They need to develop an EV that is unmistakably Ferrari, offer ICE cars as long as they remain profitable, and get back on the podium in F1. With that they can sustain growth and high valuations IMO.

lawteam, Spezia and Viperjoe like this.
  4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #5 TheMayor, Apr 4, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    Global pandemic where no one knows what's coming next, entire cities and countries are locked down, Italy is one of the worst ravaged and the factory shut for months, businesses struggle to keep the doors open, the stock market crashes almost overnight and takes months to recover, travel comes to a complete halt, and Bloomberg has the nerve to write this story?

Even during the pandemic Ferrari started shipping its latest daily driver (the Roma) and its latest hypercar (the SF90 Stradale). I guess Bloomberg doesn't read Fchat.

Reacherman1022 likes this.
  5. ScreaminRevs

ScreaminRevs Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    IMO, there will be little to differentiate one EV "supercar" from another, apart from the body panels.

6. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Let’s see... flux capacitor... warp drive...cold fusion... the Force...there are lots of choices to motivate our metaphysical automobile conveyances. Who needs electricity?
    Besides we all exist in the Matrix anyway...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

arizonaitalian, manya81 and paulchua like this.
  7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    ginoBBi512 likes this.
  8. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    Put simply, possibly Ferrari is smart in not going for an EV right now.
    I would say go green and get rid of EV's

9. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    I saw a Mercedes commercial last night that says all of the power in their manufacturing plants will soon come exclusively from renewable energy. They didn’t mention anything about the cars though. :eek:

10. 32 Ford

32 Ford Karting

Jan 31, 2021
    vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike McGowan
    My 2 cents. EV are here to stay and for the future. Until hydrogen fuel cell technology improves. I am a gearhead through and through. Was born into the Hot Rod world. My 32 Ford Hot rod has been in my family for more than 70 years. Love internal combustion engines. I've been turning wrenches since I was old enough to hold one. Hence the reason to get the dream, a Ferrari before it's too late. But the internal combustion engine is a dinosaur. It will be extinct sooner than later. It all about the batteries. Its currently the Achilles heel of the EV world. Putting aside all the negatives about lithium battery production, EV battery technology is not "there" yet, but will be soon. Look at all the manufactures committing to EV only. Soon GM will have an E-Vette. The corvette guys ( I have one of those too) will go nuts about loosing IC engines. Ferrari may have no choice but to go "mainstream". Like most 1st world companies, their policies and corporate visions are driven by share holders and the stock market. If Ferrari cannot survive monetarily as an IC only Company they will HAVE no choice but to change, period. It takes just one new CEO with that vision and Ferrari changes in a heart beat. We need to ask do we want a Ferrari as an EV car or an extinct Ferrari? It's a new world in the car business and it's changing fast.
    Just one guys opinion
    Mike

tbakowsky likes this.
  11. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Our dystopian future is here:
    Rolling blackouts
    Bird kills on a massive scale due to wind turbines and solar
    Wars fought electronically ( I think the original Star Trek had an episode on it)- with humans cancelled as per the new Gods(Amazon,Twitter,Facebook,Google,Instagram)
    Self driving cars( and that means soon we can only drive when and where the new Gods deem appropriate- mark my words it’s only a matter of time)
    Government (also one of the new Gods) deciding what we drive,who we visit, where we can shop, what we can watch for entertainment
    And our Ferraris will eventually need to be retrofitted with electric motors and their polluting engines removed.
    Sad days indeed. Enjoy these days while they last

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

12. 32 Ford

32 Ford Karting

Jan 31, 2021
    vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike McGowan
    Yes the EV is not the utopia a lot of people believe. Have you inquired about what it takes to make a lithium battery. Mostly open pit mining, massive amount of water. Massive amount of energy to manufacture. Then were is all this electricity coming from? Hydro electric , dams and river diversion? Nuclear? life expectancy of batteries about 8 years, Recycling is not mainstream. 50 years from now there will be protests on how the EV destroyed the planet. History is doomed to repeat itself. I certainly don't have the answer. Interesting times we are living in. it all seemed so certain 40 years ago.

13. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Screw these two idiots opinions. Forza Ferrari. They have no REAL competition. They know who they are and that V12’s rule.

14. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    With every generation that passes..Ferrari's history fades also. Soon there will be zero direct connection left who will even rember Enzo Ferrari as a man and not a car. Ferrari is well on the path to becoming the Italian Porsche..