458 - From 991TT to 458 | FerrariChat

458 From 991TT to 458

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by becausephilchow, Apr 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Hey Guys,

I've just recently sold my F1 360, and I have a 991TT that I use as a daily. I've got other family cars at home, but, for when I'm traveling to work and what-not by myself, I take the 991TT.

It's a 2014 991TT, and I love it. Does everything I'd want. Has a full Kline Inconel Exhaust, Stage 2, etc.

I have the opportunity to get into a 2012 Ferrari 458, and actually able end up with some extra cash in my pocket too. A fairly substantial amount.

Now, does anybody here use their 458 as a daily? I used to have a larger collection of vehicles, but I've since sold and consolidated down to 1 or 2, and since I've sold the 360, I'm really trying to weed it down even more, since I dont really have much time to drive other cars, and it feels wasteful to pay for Parking and everything without ever driving them.

That being said, the 458 seems to be relatively reliable in terms of a "Supercar", with not too much to go wrong really.

Anybody ever made this transition, or have both a 458 & 991TT? I'm just worried that, because the 991TT is such a great daily, and, going to a 458 to use as a daily...might not be what I expected.

Thanks!

2. jsh458ft

jsh458ft Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2020
    PA
    I think you'll find both answers here. I think it mostly depends on how many miles daily means to you.

If you don't go for the 458 please let me know who is selling because the hunt is really challenging right now.

3. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    The 458 makes a great daily driver, yes. I drove mine constantly and loved every second of it. Never any issues, although I was running the Braille i48CS battery, which really helps.

If I could have only one exotic car, the 458 Italia would be tops on my list, along with perhaps the Lusso V12. I think this is why you see prices staying so strong on the Italia and why it's getting harder to find them.

Ray

xfrgtr and IloveGT like this.
  4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    IloveGT likes this.
  5. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    all the above

6. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    I do not daily my 458 but drive it every weekend. You could daily it just fine. I don't because it attracts way too much attention and is not a great car just to drive around two in. I just picked up an F12 and I could see daily driving that car.

430jm likes this.
  7. Spezia

Spezia Karting

Dec 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Weires
    I have had several 991 Porsches and now have a 2013 458 Spyder that I compliment with a Cayenne Turbo.

Are you going to daily drive it all year long? Where do you live? The 991 TT is all wheel drive which can be very useful and safer in certain climates.

The 911 also has the back seat area which is much larger than the Ferrari frunk and far more convenient for putting groceries, overnight bags, coats, and purses etcetera.

Also any frunk gets hot as it's not airconditioned so be careful what you put there and for how long.

Personally if I had the garage space and the money, I would keep both. Their driving experiences are both great but very different. Loads of low end torque with the 911TT versus the 9,000 rpm scream of the 458.

Napoli likes this.
  8. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Thanks for the input. Going to inspect the 458 first to see, and then make my decisions then!

I live in Hong Kong, and I do drive the car as a daily. No snow, I'll drive it in the rain, no big deal to me.