Stirling Moss Signed Owner's Manual Leather Case | FerrariChat

Stirling Moss Signed Owner's Manual Leather Case

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by KJF127, Apr 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KJF127

KJF127 Karting

Feb 25, 2017
    North Salem, NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Hi, a few years ago, I met Stirling Moss at a race track event. As you may know, he raced for a few teams, including the Maserati Formula 1 team. I brought along the blue leather case from the owner's manual of my GranTurismo and Stirling autographed it. I'm not sure if I'll ever part with it, but does anyone know how I can determine its value? I have a picture of him signing it which authenticates that its genuine. Thanks.

2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Hi Kevin, this may or may not be helpful, but I had Sir Stirling sign a series 1 copy of "All but my life" back in 2012 at Lime Rock.

I sold it on eBay for $850 USD. I had it posted there for quite awhile before any "good" offer came in (I believe I had it listed for $1250).

Hope that helps.

KJF127 likes this.
  3. KJF127

KJF127 Karting

Feb 25, 2017
    North Salem, NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Very helpful, thanks.

19633500GT likes this.
  4. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, and I think things like like this are great, but they generally don't carry much extra value. Since it is not an item with any affiliation with Moss (other than his signing it), the added value is not that much - only about the extra amount that a Moss signature adds to any other item, and not really as much as his autograph adds to a photo of him, or one of his books, or a model of one of his race cars, etc. Moss signed a lot of things over his lifetime, which somewhat diminishes the value of his autograph since items autographed by him are plentiful. (I also have a number of Moss autographed collectibles directly related to him). In this instance, the signature on your owners manual only adds maybe a $50 to $75 extra value. As another example; if your Maserati was...say something like the GranTourismo "Stirling Moss Edition" by Maserati, then the added value of his autograph on it would definitely be worth more. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great thing to have, and if it were me, I might consider getting a replacement manual for my car, and frame the one he signed along with the photo you have of him signing.
    Marshall Buck
    Editor
    AutoMobilia magazine

5. KJF127

KJF127 Karting

Feb 25, 2017
    North Salem, NY
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Thank you very much.

6. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Moss signed my copy of that book when he was recuperating in Ft. Lauderdale from his career ending Goodwood crash. I was about 15 at the time. I still have it, of course.

375+, Lusso123, Llenroc and 2 others like this.
  7. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3

May 30, 2006
    I have the top half of a Dunlop-branded 1950s Les Leston driver's suit that Sir Stirling signed for me after my wife and I had dinner with him and Lady Susie following the Amelia Island Concours several years ago. Still need to have it framed.

Lusso123 likes this.