Patek Philippe - the basics of building a great collection | Page 23 | FerrariChat

Patek Philippe - the basics of building a great collection

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by roma1280, May 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I actually like the green dial. I bought my wife the green dial Twenty Four. I really like it. I think a green dial 6711 would sell like hotcakes.

2. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    I was trying to be funny with Patek jumping on the "green" bandwagon. I actually think a annual calendar green dial/rose gold combo to replace the 5146 would look good.

SoCal to az likes this.
  3. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Green is the new Black! :). I love my 5168 Grenade. Wear it all the time. Excellent piece. Im hoping for more 42mm watches from Patek.

poljav likes this.
  4. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
  5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  6. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Price ?

MDS

7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

mikesufka likes this.
  8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    poljav likes this.
  9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Dear Mr XXX, [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] I hope this email finds you healthy and hopeful, despite the ongoing global situation. As we enter the second quarter of 2021, I certainly feel optimistic and proud about what is to come for Patek Philippe.

As you know, each year we release an expertly crafted collection of new and innovative models. One of my favorite things to do is meet with you in person and tell you all about them. Although that’s not possible at this point, I am pleased to say that Patek Philippe has found some other ways for you to experience our latest offerings in digital form. Today, as Geneva’s Watches and Wonders show opens online, we launch four new Nautilus models, and I’d like to invite you to discover more about them atpatek.com, including a special treat for those of you who are fans of the steel Ref. 5711.

Next week my team and I will have the pleasure of presenting to you from inside the manufacture, showcasing a selection of new 2021 models that reflect Patek Philippe’s technical and aesthetic know-how. For your private invitation to this event, please look out for an email from me on April 12 at 18:00 CET.

I hope you and your loved ones continue to keep safe. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] With best wishes, [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Image Unavailable, Please Login [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Thierry Stern
    President

10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    ********- have to wait till next week to see the rest of the line up.

11. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Geezus, it's beautiful!

[​IMG]

Boomhauer likes this.
  12. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Got the same email, I was hoping there was a teaser link but we'll have to wait. Would love to see that 5990 in person.

13. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Boomhauer, poljav and SoCal to az like this.
  14. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    same

although I just dont like 40 mm watches but if they give me one, im not gonna turn it down. ill wear for a bit and if I dont like the size, can sell and put into something else

roma1280 and poljav like this.
  15. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Boomhauer and SoCal to az like this.
  16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    The whole Patek market is nuts. I think the nautilus is a nice watch but I have no clue whats going on with the prices. I remember it wasnt too long ago that they were sitting in display cases, difficult to sell. Hell, the only reason I want the green face is cause you cant get one. lol. I dont even love the watch all that much. ITs too small for me at 40mm. Prefer minimum of 41 but ideally 42.

Im looking forward to getting my 5270j. Let the rappers fight over the nautilus. lol

poljav and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  17. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    What they said... decided to look for my first PP late last year, been an IWC guy for a long time. Basically no chance I’m paying the money being asked out there right now.
    As a buyer, hoping it’s back to normal soon, although I’m hoping the same with lumber for my house addition. Lol

SoCal to az likes this.
  18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Luickly I have a great relationship with my AD and can pretty much get most pieces as long as Im willing to wait a bit. The allocations he gets is nuts. He showed me his computer screen- its like 1 piece here, 2 pieces there. Every popular watch he is getting 1 or 2. its insane how they articfially limit the supply.

roma1280 likes this.
  19. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    The AD here had no idea when the new models will be available, not sure if just being coy or actually don't know? @SoCal to az @roma1280 curious if your AD's told you guys when they were expected to come-in?

20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    #570 SoCal to az, Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    All ADs are meeting in NYC next week to see watches in person and get allocations. Now I assume that first deliveries are in line with what has happened in the past. q3/q4. But my AD is in NYC at Patek to see new pieces in person.

roma1280 and poljav like this.
  21. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I didn’t ask, normally they say they don’t know. I get the impression they just get sent stuff but don’t get advance warning. When I picked up my 5740 they told me it came with in a “7 figure care package”.

poljav and SoCal to az like this.
  22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Do tell?? What was in the care package???

I wonder if I will get a care package when my 5270 comes in August. :)

23. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    By 7 figure care package, I think they meant they got a bunch of Pateks in one shipment that had a value of over $1m

24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Lol...I misunderstood. I thought they gave you a nice package for buying a watch. ha.

25. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Well actually I did get a nice package with the 5740, a travel case and a watch winder in addition to all the usual box and books etc.

All the goodies were in amazing rich chocolate brown leather. Here is the travel case.

Image Unavailable, Please Login