Roma Delivery Delayed | FerrariChat

Roma Delivery Delayed

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by gw32, Mar 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Just received word from my dealership that my 2021 Roma won't be delivered until Q4 of this year , hopefully by October. The dealer says it will be a 2022 model. I was told 6-8 months when I ordered it last October. Realizing that salesman tend to be optimistic with delivery dates, especially when working a sale, I had expected to get it by August so I could participate in a club rally in September. I'm very disappointed. Anyone else have info on delivery times? I guess the good news is all the bugs should be worked out. Anyone know what, if any, changes might be made for 2022?

2. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
    I think it all depends on when you actually get status 10G. Did your dealer tell you when your order hit 10G?

My Roma just arrived at the dealer this week and went 10G the first week of October 2020. My last few cars have all followed similar schedules +\- a few weeks. The cars usually arrive 5 months after they go 10G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Florida Joe and tfazio like this.
  3. Phoenixmontreal

Mar 12, 2021
    Sorry to hear that, I have not heard of any changes, picked mine up today. It was delivered 1 month early, so maybe some hope.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Congratulations! We need to hear about it.
    When did you order yours and which country was it delivered to? Thanks for the input.

5. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    How long did it take you from signing the PO to getting "10G"? I have heard nothing about status.

6. Jhs1

Jhs1 Rookie

Nov 27, 2018
    I’ve seen the build codes listed in another thread, but do those codes appear in the My Ferrari app or do you need to get them from the dealer?

7. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
    Unfortunately the app doesn’t have the status codes.

You have to pester the dealer to get updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jhs1 likes this.
  8. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    My Roma was scheduled to arrive at the Port of NJ today. Waiting to hear if it did.

9. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    When did you 1st place your purchase order?

10. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    About 10 months ago.

11. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    What I heard, factory been up and down because of pandemic there. 2019 “normal” delivery schedule been elongated through 2021.

12. gw32

gw32 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2017
    Sonoma, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I'm sure the global computer chip shortage has something to do with it as well. All auto manufactures and seeing these shortages with resulting reductions on new production. Some are indicating 20% deduction in production compared to last year.

13. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    +
    7 days after the ship was scheduled to arrive in NJ the dealer is unable to find out anything about the car. Not even if it is here on US soil? Amazing!

14. JHNurse

JHNurse Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2021
    Wyoming
    Full Name:
    Andy King
    That sounds horribly frustrating. Ugh!

Andy

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. colormered

colormered Rookie

Jan 22, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric Weinraub
    We went 10G a few weeks ago, deposit was put down in early Dec, and Ferrari has been asked to expedite our order because the car is supposed to be shown / highlighted at the National FCA experience event here in Portland in July. Fingers crossed.

16. 355 Giallo gtb

355 Giallo gtb Karting

Mar 14, 2015
    California
    Full Name:
    Rob p.
    It took 2 weeks to go from paint to shipped!

17. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
  18. colormered

colormered Rookie

Jan 22, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric Weinraub
    Ordered in late December. 10G Mid March. Paint Mid April. Car in assembly now

19. 355 Giallo gtb

355 Giallo gtb Karting

Mar 14, 2015
    California
    Full Name:
    Rob p.
    mine is gonna be at dealer in cali friday April 13 assembled to May 31st delivered. order it 18 months ago.

20. sthetix

sthetix Karting

May 17, 2010
    Half Moon Bay
    Full Name:
    Jim G.
    For the last 3-4 months I've been told there are 2 people aheacd of me!

21. DaveMF321

DaveMF321 Rookie

Sep 15, 2020
    Orlando
    Full Name:
    Dave Freedman
    Y not likes this.
  22. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Yikes. Shipping is a real mess right now. Hopefully it shows up soon

23. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Are you HMB CA or FL? If CA i am guessing you are FoSV? And if CA, I lived in HMB for 20 years and I am guessing we may know some people in common

24. rudy1952

rudy1952 Rookie

May 30, 2010
    Welcome to waiting. You are better off than I . I ordered my Roma August 8, 2020 and was just informed that the car was being prep for shipping. It went into production on July15, 2021. It is a 2022 and hoping that the car gets to the shipyard prior to Ferrari closing for the month of December, just like they closed for vacation the whole month of August. I am not holding my breath but my wish is that it gets here before the year is out. Hope you got yours since your post. I was lucky that my salesman got me a loaner Roma last November for a weekend and drove it and it was awesome to drive the car since I ordered it without seeing it in person. I know it is worth the wait.