Left my lights on....car won't start | FerrariChat

Left my lights on....car won't start

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by gilly6993, Apr 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #1 gilly6993, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    '17 Lusso....So my knee hit the light knob on the way out of my car yesterday afternoon and knocked it from "auto" to "on"....the lights were on when I went out this afternoon....the car powers up fine but obviously won't start....slightly tries to turn over.....I would say solid 24 hours of the lights being on in the garage...

Hooked it up to the charger and I have 3 lights out of 7....will this be enough to get things back up or do I need something more?....It's an Interstate battery so not the OEM crap...thanks for the help.....

2. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    I keep a CTEK 7002 on my 458. i dont' have a Lusso and I'm not sure what tender it comes with, but the pictures I see look a lot like the seven stage CTEK 7002. If that is the case three lights is probably "STEP 3 BULK Charging with maximum current until approximately 80% battery capacity." So you could be around 80% charged and the fourth light will be 100%. Again, just going by how other CTEK tenders work.

Rob

The full stages of most CTEK tenders are:

STEP 1 DESULPHATION
    Detects sulphated batteries. Pulsing current and voltage, removes sulphate from the lead plates of the battery restoring the battery capacity.
    STEP 2 SOFT START
    Tests if the battery can accept charge. This step prevents that charging proceeds with a defect battery.
    STEP 3 BULK
    Charging with maximum current until approximately 80% battery capacity.
    STEP 4 ABSORPTION
    Charging with declining current to maximize up to 100% battery capacity.
    STEP 5 ANALYSE
    Tests if the battery can hold charge. Batteries that can not hold charge may need to be replaced.
    STEP 6 RECOND
    Choosethe Recond program to add the Recond step to the charging process. During the Recond step voltage increases to create controlled gassing in the battery. Gasing mixes the battery acid and gives back energy to the battery.
    STEP 7 FLOAT
    Maintaining the battery voltage at maximum level by providing a constant voltage charge.
    STEP 8 PULSE
    Maintaining the battery at 95–100% capacity. The charger monitors the battery voltage and gives a pulse when necessary to keep the battery fully charged

https://www.ctek.com/storage/28170E5A4DF8DDE255F2544A55F5C421179A3398C557729443D3E9C908F0382E/d4c71f1fcf354b37bdfb3841d00adafd/pdf/media/01d8e64db81c4259bda89213323dad93/MXS_5.0-manual-low-UK-EN.pdf

vraa likes this.
  3. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks. Good info. Same tender. I’ll keep it hooked up and hopefully will be OK....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    As long as there are three lights on, keep charging. After your battery has been down, make sure you get it all the way back up, i.e 7 lights on. That's the best way to precondition the battery. Even if you daily the car, keep it on the charger when ever you are not using the car for the rest of the week. That way your battery has,some time to recover.

An Interstate is better than the OE battery, but it is a normal battery and not made for deep cycle use, so give it the best possible chance for recovery.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Napoli, 350MH83 and vraa like this.
  5. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Yes - You need to see the 4th LED light turn on before trying to start the engine.,