Any Launch X-431 Users Here? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Any Launch X-431 Users Here?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Blacksport350, Aug 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    I purchased the clone of the clone x431 on ebay. Diagzone based software.
    Went to diagzone website. Entered the 12 digit serial number of my Launch golo remote diagnostic tool. Upgraded to Ferrari 10.95 for $75.
    Website shows the x431 for android tool.
    Admit to being a bit nervous my card would be hacked but no issues.

Flyingbrick242 likes this.
  2. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    Ok that is good - I am not sure how many updates I expect on a 15 year old car. I am sure you don't need to bother updating.

3. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    this seems like the way to go shot over a PM

4. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    Hello Charles,
    Thanks for the response.!
    If I read between the lines looks like the latest version [10.95.??] is able to calculate clutch wear is this correct.?
    This would not justify the purchase since it is a simple calculation of new vs current clutch measurement which is obtainable in older versions.
    How about running a diag sequence for E diff bleeding...is this possible with 10.95.?
    For the money the tool works well..
    Thanks for the feedback.!
    Kaspar

5. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Yes it will. It’s the same one I have.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Yes with the latest update of 10.95, it does all those.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Flyingbrick242 likes this.
  7. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    Just for the record I reached out to KingBolen and asked him if we had any option for individual sw upgrade similar to the new product mentioned above below is his response:
    Hello Kaspar,
    Only $388/Year for update.no discount.
    https://kingbolentool.com/collections/launch-x431-renewal-card/products/launch-scan-tool-renewal-card-for-launch-x431-series
    Please send a full screen to show the back of scanner,we want to check serial number.
    BTW,we have new tool that can do what X431 do.
    Thinktool Pros https://amzn.to/3qEWYm3

If you like to buy the thinktool pros,We can refund 30% via paypal after testing and giving review on amazon. ...End of Quote}

Once again I like the X431 short of paying $$$ for Ferrari Diag equipment it does what I need...
    I feel we should have some option for a cheaper SW upgrade solution.
    Pls upload your experience with the new SW version specifically bleeding the Ediff..
    Thanks, Kaspar

8. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I would consider $400-$500 for a 2 year upgrade to be a fair price for X431 users. Anymore than that I would just buy a new X431 with the latest hardware and software and dump the old model (usable still without update) for $150 somewhere.

9. matt lane

matt lane Rookie

Jul 17, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Matthew Lane
    Looking into a Pros Mini for a 458. Silly question, if this just for 10 year old functionality (with a SW version up to date as of today), I assume you'd never 'need' to update and still be able to use the unit for the intended purpose?

Cheers

Matt

10. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    If anyone is interested I was put in touch with someone a couple years ago that sells the Launch tool opened up to all makes of cars and his pricing isn't bad. I forget but it was in the $300-400 range for the dongle that you then connect to a tablet through bluetooth. The guy is in Saudi and he ships them from HK arriving in a few days by DHL. The only way I have to contact him is by skype. If anyone wants to get in touch I can arrange it. For disclosure I have no financial interest in this. I've just found it to be a useful tool for my cars. It comes with 1 year of upgrade after that you have to pay him to renew. I just upgraded my software right before the year expired and haven't needed to renew since.

11. Kmart8287

Kmart8287 Rookie

Oct 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    Kale Martin
    I'm interested.