FCA BC Chapter Events | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FCA BC Chapter Events

Discussion in 'Canada' started by 483hp, Mar 12, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

Unfortunately the Canadian government has extended to border closure to March 21. That coupled with delays in vaccine delivery does cast some doubt on Canadians participating.

2. Gary Sandberg

On a lighter note.....and it embarasses me (since it is mine), but here is the winner for the Enzo Ferrari birthday cake as presented to (and judged by) Ferrari of Vancouver.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    I got the same 156. Sharknose.

Gary Sandberg likes this.
  4. Gary Sandberg

Yours has a little more collector value than mine. My F156 is a 1/32 slot car by Scalextric.:)

5. Gary Sandberg

Okay, so a little update from FCA....maybe we can all meet in Portland.

With the delayed roll-out of vaccines and continuing border restrictions in Canada, we understand that Canadian members may be hesitant making an early commitment to attend the FCA 2021 Annual Experience in Portland. However, we remain hopeful that once the deliveries start rolling in, vaccine distribution will proceed faster than currently projected and travel will open up. So, we are instituting a special refund policy for Canadian members only to make it safer for you to register before the early bird deadline kicks in.

• If, as of June 1st, covid vaccines in your province are not yet available for your age group, OR
    • If, as of July 1st, you are unable to travel to the U.S.A., due to government travel restrictions/advisories against non-essential travel,
    • FCA will, on request, refund your registration fees (less a nominal processing charge) and direct the Red Lion hotel to refund your hotel deposits.
    Erik Swensson, Chair of FCA2021, is hosting special Q&A sessions on Zoom for Canadian FCA members this coming week. You are welcome to join in and ask Erik any and all questions about the event and our policies.

Canada East members can join in on Wed. March 3 at 7:30 pm EST at:
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89714247539?pwd=S0JjNzAxeTYveWNtUXNISFFlNG5sUT09

Western Canada members can join in on Thur. Mar 4 at 7:30 pm PST / 8:30 pm MST at:
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86891498220?pwd=WFgrMjRiUWJjREYzbmJMbVZsVkNrUT09

f355spider likes this.
  6. Gary Sandberg

Here is an additional event planned for BC. Any interest? If so,please PM me. Thanks, Gary.

June 29 the members come over to the Island stay at the Best Western Hotel in Duncan rate around 140.00 per night include breakfast.
    June 30 th Track day at Vancouver Island Motorsport park. 9-4pm complete introduction to racing. Autocross track in the parking lot , class time to learn the basics of turning and braking and the rest of the day on track.
    Lunch will be served included with our track day. The cost for the track day is 995.00, we need 6 people min, I have a few people from the Porsche club of Vancouver Island that maybe nitrated as well.
    After the track day is finished, we will head to Campbell River which is a 2 hr drive. We will get there around 6:30 . I will set up dinner at Blackfish for 7 pm, it is right on the ocean, floor is great we ate there last every night we were in Campbell River.
    Everyone loved it.
    We will stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites for two nights at a rate of
    175.00 Traditional room
    195.00 Deluxe room
    215.00 Suite
    Breakfast is included.
    July 1 st we will take a drive over to Quadra Island , there is a great pub for lunch over there. So great roads to explore. Then come back to Campbell River for some relaxation and cocktails , dinner to follow. We can decide where to go for the last dinner later.
    July 2 nd Breakfast in the morning and then head home.

7. Gary Sandberg

Here is our event plan for 2021 (so far). All the more reason to become a FCA member.......

Saturday mornings
    8-10 am Cars & Coffee - Jericho Beach on every 2nd Saturday of each month

Apr. 23-24, 2021 Ferrari of Vancouver Track Day
    More than just a place to drive fast, the Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit is a motorsports playground where driving enthusiasts come together to socialize and meet like-minded aficionados.

Cost is $1250 per person, $1650 per couple. Room rates at the Fairmont Empress are booked separately at $219 per night).

Apr. 25, 2021 Cypress Mountain Hill Climb (leisurely)
    Meet for 10:30 at Park Royal for a drive to Cypress Mountain and lunch.

May 29, 2021 Whistler Drive and Poker Run

Meet for 10:00 at Park Royal for drive and lunch at Whistler. Stops along the way to pick up your cards for Five card draw for poker.

Jun 12, 2021 Manning Park Drive
    Meet at Langley Chevron (200th Street) for a drive up Hwy 1 to Hwy 3 and then scenic tour to Manning Park for lunch. Winding roads in a Ferrari? Does it get any better?

Jun 20, 2021
    Father's Day Italian Show and Shine
    Always popular, the Father's Day car show in Waterfront Park in North Vancouver never disappoints!

June 29 – July 2, 2021 Campbell River and Quadra Island
    Track day on June 29 ($995 per person or the track experience), then a drive to Campbell River. Next day drive of Quadra Island. Comfort Inn room rates per night are $175 traditional room, $195 Deluxe, $215 for a Suite.

Enjoy the Islands in your Ferrari and meet some other exotics/collectables.

July 11-17, 2021 Ferrari Club of America Annual Experience, Portland Oregon.

https://ferrariclubofamerica.org/page/AnnualMeets

Aug. 1, 2021 The Okanagan Dream Rally, Kelowna

Sept. 10, 2021 Sun Peaks Trip

f355spider likes this.
  8. Gary Sandberg

As we work closer with Ferrari of Vancouver, here is the test drive they offered me while my 328 was getting its free oil change, filter and multi-point inspection.......

The service was the result of the Ferrari birthday cake thing, and despite my protests, they honoured their offer. I had also casually mentioned about being a little old-school and at some point needed to learn about paddle shifters. Their Marketing Manager, Soraya Hirani basically said: "well today is a nice day and we have a demo F8, so ask Ash and if one of the sales team is available, why not". Ash Mohsen is their Service Manager.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Peter, bernardo66, SpyderGT and 2 others like this.
  9. Gary Sandberg

Some event updates:

Ferrari of Vancouver Spring Track Day has been postponed to August 12-13 for obvious reasons.

April 10th Cars and Coffee has been cancelled due to concern over maintaining COVID restrictions.

April 25 Cypress Mountain Drive will go ahead - weather permitting.

10. Gary Sandberg

We held the Cypress Mountain Drive - even in the rain.....

Cypress Mountain Hill Climb

Proof positive that Ferraris do not melt (dissolve) in the rain. Four of us (in two cars) ventured out into the elements to do the drive up Cypress Mountain. Many fun photos of the cars with the snow backdrop. Then a very enjoyable lunch at Cactus Club Park Royal to finish the day.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Gary Sandberg

Catching up on May events......Cars and Coffee (Spanish Banks/Jericho Beach) on May 8th.

12. Gary Sandberg

Peter and bernardo66 like this.
  13. Gary Sandberg

Peter and bernardo66 like this.
  14. Gary Sandberg

I am very much late with some of the updates, but am starting fresh.....Corso Pilota 2022 schedule for those interested.
    DRIVING SCHOOL IS IN SESSION
    CORSO PILOTA 2022 SCHEDULE

Ninety legendary years in a series of exclusive Ferrari driving courses...
    Corso Pilota skillfully blends lifestyle and racing elements to offer an unforgettable experience. The program aims to give participants the tools to best appreciate the technical aspects of Ferrari's in their natural habitat - the racetrack. Four different courses are offered to match every experience level.

We are thrilled to announce the Corso Pilota 2022 schedule, please see below for details on pricing and dates! Registration opens on Monday, November 22nd. Contact our Marketing Manager Soraya, at [email protected] for further details or to secure your spot.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Gary Sandberg

16. Gary Sandberg

f355spider likes this.
  17. Gary Sandberg

18. Gary Sandberg

19. Gary Sandberg

20. Gary Sandberg

Just a reminder:

Father's day Italian Car Show at the Italian Cultural Centre. Time is from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.

f355spider likes this.
  21. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I imagine this will be more popular than the show in North Van at the waterfront park? Is that one still happening this year?

22. Gary Sandberg

The North Van waterfront meet is no longer. North Vancouver has re-purposed the park. So, the new location is the Italian Cultural Centre.

f355spider likes this.