Poll which is better looking F8 Tributo or F8 Spider | FerrariChat

Poll which is better looking F8 Tributo or F8 Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by buddyg, Apr 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Which looks better F8 Tributo or F8 Spider?

1. F8 Tributo

79 vote(s)
    45.4%
  2. F8 Spider

95 vote(s)
    54.6%
  1. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    So I had a 458 spider and absolutely loved it, top down in a supercar is pretty awesome. When it came time to order the F8 I just wanted that engine under glass look and then the F40 style lexan pushed me over the edge. If you could see the engine like you can in an F430 spider I would probably have gone F8 spider.

Which do you think looks better? I don't think there is a wrong answer here just curious what people think.

2. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I surprised myself by prioritizing the view of the engine. With modern convertibles, the doors come up so high, and the rollover structure behind you is so big, that they just don't feel very open-air anymore, more like having a big sunroof or a "T top". When I want an open-air ride, I steal my wife's 2000 convertible where the doors are so low you can still put your elbow out into the wind if you want!

buddyg likes this.
  3. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Yeah I solved my convertible fix by buying a 2021 911 turbo S which is a full top down car.

4. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    A real drivers car is always a Coupe.

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    As Jeremy Clarkson has always said "Unless your good looking dont buy a convertible".

ShineKen, xBox, Boomhauer and 4 others like this.
  6. Hunter911

Hunter911 Karting

Mar 8, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I think it's a draw. I have never owned a Spider/convertible of any kind - due to the performance sacrifices and I don’t like being "in the fishbowl", I'd rather be out of sight, in my (usually tinted) coupe. However I think the 458/488/F8 is one of the best looking drop-top platforms, with its buttresses which take me back to the classic 308/328/348/288/TR cars.

Top up or down I think the Spider looks incredible.

That all being said I ordered an F8 Tributo.

7. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I think the coupe with the glass looks better IMHO , but I’ve never owned a Ferrari coupe. I’m on my 4th spider which now is the F8. All have been Nero or Nero Daytona too.

ScottJon, GT2goneF and buddyg like this.
  8. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Agreed. The Coupe is the better looking but it isn't by much. In addition, I think that the F8 spider is the best looking convertible of modern times, and amongst the best ever.

Sound like me talking! LOL

polishhammer83 and Mark hales like this.
  9. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Agree. The coupe is awesome looking, but in the F8 series the gap is very narrow. Thus, it’s the F8 Spider it is for my next F car.

10. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
  11. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    GT2goneF and Mikael-F360 like this.
  12. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    GT2goneF and AD211 like this.
  13. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    GT2goneF likes this.
  14. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    This was the original statement:
    "A real drivers car is always a Coupe."

Shark01 likes this.
  15. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    What am I missing here? It’s a hard top convertible!!!! It’s the best of both worlds.

and you can’t use the argument of seeing the engine if you are generalizing about coupes and convertibles.

16. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    In a classic car it's no contest: open top all the way, but I maintain that, because of side impact regulations and the huge closed rollover structure, modern convertibles just aren't as appealing.

GT2goneF likes this.
  17. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Chizz likes this.
  18. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Touche! Saw one of those in person earlier this week. That is a bad MF of a car, and totally bucks the modern trend. Too bad it's not street legal here :)

Chizz and jm2 like this.
  19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
  20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    The cars you have posted are undoubtedly beautiful and legends of their time (the Monza will also be) With that said, countering in favor to your point doesn't make your statement any more powerful as physics and engineering always point towards the most stable structure will always be the best. If the Monza and all the other cars you posted previously had a hardtop option, they would all be the better driver alternative than the convertible.

Chizz likes this.
  21. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Looks are subjective but to me there's nothing like a top down trek on a winding road through the country side.
    As evidenced by my recently sold 488 spider and incoming F8 Spider.

TR007, Boots and Chizz like this.
  22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Absolutely! Agree with everything. It is indeed a beautiful car (which I previously said). It also must be fun. However, for me, I wouldn't own a convertible for the physical limitations (which obviously isn't a breaking point for many) and I honestly do not think I would drive it with the top down as much (unless it is a 1956 corvette, 918 spyder, which I will never have). The point in question wasn't related to beauty but whether convertibles are "THE real driver's cars". The true driver's car is the most structurally stable and therefore, coupe will always beat convertible. Now, subjectively, the best driver's car is whatever you like and want for yourself.

REALZEUS, Chizz, AD211 and 1 other person like this.
  23. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    One last comment, then I'm done. As per Buddy's original comment of attractiveness/appearance, having designed cars for the past 50 yrs, I would unequivocally say 98% of the time (there's always an exception to every rule), a coupe version of a design will be better looking than the convertible version. Completing the forms without hacking off the roof generally makes for a more cohesive design.

I was responding to a different statement, for which there is't an answer that satisfies everyone. Drive whatever you like.

Caeruleus11, GT2goneF and Chizz like this.
  24. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    Coupe

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

GT2goneF likes this.