360 - Dialing in cams | FerrariChat

360 Dialing in cams

Discussion in '360/430' started by rizzo308, Apr 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Hi Guys,
    The guys that have experience dialling in cams what's the average time frame to carry out this procedure. TIA.

2. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    For the whole job or just the degreeing? Whole job would also include belts, tensioners, plugs, valve cover gaskets, cam seals (silly not to replace the seals).

Honestly it Took a few days just to degree, and multiple iterations before I was comfortable with my technique. Including taking time away for reading and review. Also coming up with tricks to make it easier. I’m no pro and it was my first time ever doing it. Probably able to just degree it in a day if I ever do it again. But that’s me and i almost exclusively work alone, plus I’m slow and getting older.

Not doing it for a living but for the “fun” allows me to not worry about speed and just focus on learning and being precise.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

EastMemphis likes this.
  3. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Just dial in cams only.
    Cheers

4. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    If you have all the right tools, all the correct pieces disassembled, and it's a coupe, half day to do all four cams using a degree wheel. Add 2 hours if it is a spider.

5. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Thanks for the info guys. Not sure I want to tackle the task it's way beyond my capability's. It's a Coupe, car will be disassembled I'll let my dealer do the cams and belts.

Cheers